Does anybody else think Axl is going to try and make a grand gesture to the fans after the HOF debacle?

ITW 2012

Does anybody else think Axl is going to try and make a grand gesture to the fans after the HOF debacle? I've read a lot of articles/books about Axl and GNR over the years, and there is always mentions about how Axl likes to make grand gestures to people after he has done something to upset them. Call me crazy, but I really think he's going to try getting CD II out this year for the fans in order to make up for disappointing them with the way he handled the whole Hall of Fame deal.

Edited by ITW 2012

Does anybody else think Axl is going to try and make a grand gesture to the fans after the HOF debacle? I've read a lot of articles/books about Axl and GNR over the years, and there is always mentions about how Axl likes to make grand gestures to people after he has done something to upset them. Call me crazy, but I really think he's going to try getting CD II out this year for the fans in order to make up for disappointing them with the way he handled the whole Hall of Fame deal.

I think if he and the band try to get the album out this year, which I believe is their hope based on Richard's comments, I don't think it will be to make up for the HOF induction ceremony. I don't think they're related.

Ali

If we are just starting to get mention of the band members hoping to get the album out this year, then I'm expecting to see it in 2014. Remember what happened with CD?

I don't think Axl can afford to just throw the years away anymore. He needs to get CD II out and toured while he can still sing it.

I think if he and the band try to get the album out this year, which I believe is their hope based on Richard's comments, I don't think it will be to make up for the HOF induction ceremony. I don't think they're related.

Ali

I disagree. The HOF debacle will be a huge motivating factor for Axl to get CD II released.

Ali

I disagree. The HOF debacle will be a huge motivating factor for Axl to get CD II released.

They already were recording and working towards completing the album before touring last fall. Their work on the record preceded the induction of GN'R into the HOF, so how can you say that's motivating their work?

Ali

Axl has made it crystal clear he's not motivated by those clamoring for a reunion or a slash love-in. That being said, I think his recent statements indicate he does indeed understand the various perceptions and opinions of the fanbase. Nonetheless, he will continue to persevere. As he should.

Axl's grand gesture will be to reward those fans who aren't hung up on the name thing. Our prize will be a new album. And it will be epic.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, call me what you will, but more and more it is clear to me his Dexter account wasn't hacked when the post was made about the new album in 2012. His PR team just made up that bullshit about it being hacked because they didn't want the cat to be let out of the bag yet (or he was drunk, or both).

The Hall of Fame wasnt a debacle. As much as I wish Axl (and Izzy) were there and as much as I think Axl should have showed, i can see his side. The ceremony was saved and ended up turning up into something very positive. Hopefully, Axl will release material this year, but i dont think he is viewing it as something he owes to people for not showing.

The only thing I can think of him doing is a special show for Cleveland where it has to do with the Rock Hall museum, there's exhibits in there of bands not inducted.

I don't think he sees what he did as disappointing the fans, when he got more support than criticism from it. You had 4 other no-shows, so why should the spotlight be just on him in this case?

But he doesn't think he upset anyone. 99% of the the rock community ripped him apart for not showing up and writing that douchebag letter... But in Axl's eyes everyone supported him and thought it was awesome..

I think Axl was being sarcastic with his "overwhelming support" comment.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, call me what you will, but more and more it is clear to me his Dexter account wasn't hacked when the post was made about the new album in 2012. His PR team just made up that bullshit about it being hacked because they didn't want the cat to be let out of the bag yet (or he was drunk, or both).

I'm with you 100% on this. I don't ever believe that "I got hacked" bullshit unless it's when celeb chicks get their nudie pics leaked. Even then I think some of those are just calculated PR moves.

What's promising to me is that Fortus usually says so little. I sure think there's got to be SOMETHING going on like that.

But he doesn't think he upset anyone. 99% of the the rock community ripped him apart for not showing up and writing that douchebag letter... But in Axl's eyes everyone supported him and thought it was awesome..

I think Axl was being sarcastic with his "overwhelming support" comment.

i'm afraid he wasn't.

To be honest, I decided that I would, in no way, expect or look forward to a new record, so I wouldn't be disappointed when it didn't happen. I told myself that I would just enjoy the live shows and not worry with new music.

That being said , it is starting feel like something may happen. Idk, I just have a good feeling that it might be a smooth release and not another ridiculous wait with member changes, lawsuits, producers, and managers...

But, ah, yea......., ah....N...N..N...Ne...Never gonna happen......

I hope he does, he just hasn't expressed any interest in it. I hope if another album is released, its done right this time. In 2008I we had waited forever, and the lack of promotion and excitement from axl was quite disappointing. Everything this band does is ass backwards. Things seem like they should b so simple, yet in the world of gnr, everything is fucked up. Sucks.