This is the quality merchandise you can expect to get with a premium membership to gnr forum

Guest Gunns

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suprised Axl went along with having the old AFD shirt as the including merch. Would have made more sense having the DJ(?) designed shirt with the new members on that they sold during the 2010 leg, or some other cool new design.

I was waiting too see what you'd get, seeing this it's an easy desicion not to buy a membership.

Edited by Enties87

Guest gunns5

I doubt Axl or GnR management had a final decision in this.

However, my dealings with ground control ever since I purchased my membership, have been anything but professional.

I say its them instead of gnr

I'm suprised Axl went along with having the old AFD shirt as the including merch. Would have made more sense having the DJ(?) designed shirt with the new members on that they sold during the 2010 leg, or some other cool new design.

I was waiting too see what you'd get, seeing this it's an easy desicion not to buy a membership.

My understanding is any sales of merchandise with the AFD logo result in royalties being paid to the other AFD bandmates, therefore if those AFD shirts were made ages ago and have been hanging around ever since then it's a clever moneysaving idea to give them away as part of the package. This way they get rid of the stuff without having to pay the old bandmates a dime, and they don't have to incur the cost of giving away newer shirts that can be sold for $40 at shows or the cost of manufacturing brand new ones to satisfy those who purchased a membership.

This really isn't surprising to me, and shouldn't be to anyone else. It would have been cool to get merchandise with the UCAP girl on them, and normally reasonable to expect considering that logo is plastered all over the official website, but really other than great 3-hour shows NOTHING should ever be assumed or expected with GNR these days.

You really shouldn't be surprised man. Clearly this band is not in it to make music or they would have at least tried by now. This is simply a way they can get rid of the stuff that didn't sell from the CD box-set and they're throwing in AFD shirts because either a. they're cheap to make since there's tonnes of presses to print them already or b. they already have tonnes of these shirts. If you think they decided specifically on the AFD shirt and Axl specifically wanted to use this other merch because of how cool it is you're off your rocker (not you in particular, not an attack).

Axl lives an expensive lifestyle and nu gnr arn't the hot commodity old gnr were. This is a cash grab no doubt about it. I for one won't be giving Axl a dime until SOMETHING new is available. If my copy of UYI2 breaks, I'll have to go without. If gnr comes to my town, I'll have to not go. By buying into this bullshit and going to these endless repetitive tours we're allowing Axl to get away with doing nothing. I just hope you guys are aware of this.

Did we really expect anything more? I'm not disregarding our disappointment but really, when was the last time(other than putting on a great show) that Guns have done anything more than half-assed? No promotion for Chidem a very basic website(although an improvement over the old), rushed booklet and artwork, very little activity other than touring etc etc. It's not going to change sadly. Even if the next record is released, I don't expect the red carpet treatment at all. Probably just a CD released through Best Buy again with maybe one Axl interview. No concert Blu Ray, no media blitz, no taking over the world.

Did we really expect anything more? I'm not disregarding our disappointment but really, when was the last time(other than putting on a great show) that Guns have done anything more than half-assed? No promotion for Chidem a very basic website(although an improvement over the old), rushed booklet and artwork, very little activity other than touring etc etc. It's not going to change sadly. Even if the next record is released, I don't expect the red carpet treatment at all. Probably just a CD released through Best Buy again with maybe one Axl interview. No concert Blu Ray, no media blitz, no taking over the world.

I don't think this was the band's doing. GN'R have a bunch of new merchandise they could have sent out, why would it be a shirt that is from 1987? It's not exclusive to any of us, none of the stuff is.

I don't think this was the band's doing. GN'R have a bunch of new merchandise they could have sent out, why would it be a shirt that is from 1987? It's not exclusive to any of us, none of the stuff is.

With all due respect, if this is not band's(namely Axl) doing than what does that say about the control Axl actually has? Does he not have a say in what merchandise is given to paying members of his band's forum? Does his say not count? Does he not care? Is he just not involved? Is it not important to him? All scary implications...

Edited by Young_Gun

With all due respect, if this is not band's(namely Axl) doing than what does that say about the control Axl actually has? Does he not have a say in what merchandise is given to paying members of his band's forum? Does his say not count? Does he not care? Is he just not involved? Is it not important to him? All scary implications...

There is no question that this is hella-lame, but I never expected Axl to get involved with something as trivial as fan club merchandise. The only suggestion that makes sense is that somebody decided to go with products that they had piled up in a warehouse somewhere, so they wouldn't have to spend any money on making new stuff.