This is the quality merchandise you can expect to get with a premium membership to gnr forum

Guest Gunns

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=63790.240

Cylian

Much as I dislike being the bearer of disappointing news, I'm afraid to say that my fan club membership package arrived this morning and the items are exactly as per the photo on the previous page of this thread. I didn't have high expectations to start with but this has plumbed the depths, I mean, seriously, an AFD cross t-shirt?! Perhaps the merchandise contract should have been contracted out to ASHBA Swag, at least we might have received something slightly more interesting.

Guest gunns5

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=63790.240

Cylian

Much as I dislike being the bearer of disappointing news, I'm afraid to say that my fan club membership package arrived this morning and the items are exactly as per the photo on the previous page of this thread. I didn't have high expectations to start with but this has plumbed the depths, I mean, seriously, an AFD cross t-shirt?! Perhaps the merchandise contract should have been contracted out to ASHBA Swag, at least we might have received something slightly more interesting.

From GnR Admin - April 28 (gnr.com/forum)

The shirts in the picture were not the correct ones

not only has ground control contradicted themselves, they have also shown to be dishonest.

I hope GnR cancels all affiliation with this 'company' like they did with iclips.

Edited by gunns5

This is why legacy brands like the GNR name don't hire the house keeper to run a tens of millions a dollars a year business.

It's not professional, and it permeates every part of the band.

If you needed brain surgery, you wouldn't let your auto mechanic do it even though you trust him. When you need someone to run a massive business like that, you don't turn to the house keeper and her spawn because you trust them. You hire someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

THIS

This is why legacy brands like the GNR name don't hire the house keeper to run a tens of millions a dollars a year business.

If you needed brain surgery, you wouldn't let your auto mechanic do it even though you trust him. When you need someone to run a massive business like that, you don't turn to the house keeper and her spawn because you trust them. You hire someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

Since Beta et al took over management duties things seem to have improved a lot in the GN'R camp: successful tour with no cancellations, Axl on Eddie Trunk, new website, streamed shows.... In fact, what you perceive to be an unprofessional amateur seems to have more of a handle on the job than numerous professionals previously.

Since Beta et al took over management duties things seem to have improved a lot in the GN'R camp: successful tour with no cancellations, Axl on Eddie Trunk, new website, streamed shows.... In fact, what you perceive to be an unprofessional amateur seems to have more of a handle on the job than numerous professionals previously.

Yes,and the constant references of her being "the housekeeper" are disrespectful,uncalled for and cowardly coming from faceless keyboard jockeys.

I dare anyone to back up their comments in person.

Whether you like it or not,Beta is the mgr. of Guns N' Roses.

Edited by sailaway

You really think it's her skills that have made things improve? You really think she has managerial skills all the previous dudes were missing? Or is it more likely that simply do to the fact Axl trusts her he goes for more of her ideas than previous "money hungry, reunion pushing, back stabbing, lazy, lyring" managers?

Yes,and the constant references of her being "the housekeeper" are disrespectful,uncalled for and cowardly coming from faceless keyboard jockeys.

crying_baby-1.jpg

You really think it's her skills that have made things improve? You really think she has managerial skills all the previous dudes were missing? Or is it more likely that simply do to the fact Axl trusts her he goes for more of her ideas than previous "money hungry, reunion pushing, back stabbing, lazy, lyring" managers?

I have no idea what she has done to make all these things happen, I just observe that they happen while she is in charge, and that is sufficient for me to acknowledge and respect the work she does. Whether it is business acumen, network, being able to persuade Axl, I don't know and I don't care.

Yes,and the constant references of her being "the housekeeper" are disrespectful,uncalled for and cowardly coming from faceless keyboard jockey

crying_baby-1.jpg

you_are_an_idiot_dead_hamster_bumper_sticker-p128023277156223764z74sk_400.jpg

This guy is after backstage passes!!!

This guy is after backstage passes!!!

Sure,Damn you guessed it skippy :lol:

Why else would he fire every manager he's ever had, but suddenly someone close to him with no business experience on this magnitude comes in and works magic?

I agree with your overall sentiment but I believe you downplays Beta's experience. Remember she has been working close to Axl for maaany years now, partially being a manager before. She might not have an education in managing rock bands (and few does ;)) but she definitely has experience now from managing GN'R and she definitely knows Axl (the no. 1 skill needed to manage GN'R).

Edited by SoulMonster

Why else would he fire every manager he's ever had, but suddenly someone close to him with no business experience on this magnitude comes in and works magic?

I agree with your overall sentiment but I believe you downplays Beta's experience. Remember she has been working close to Axl for maaany years now, partially being a manager before. She might now have an education in managing rock bands (and few does ;)) but she definitely has experience now from managing GN'R and she definitely knows Axl (the no. 1 skill needed to manage GN'R).

I agree that Beta is probably the most adept person to deal with Axl. She has been around the band for awhile, but I'm not sure if that qualifies her to be an A-list manager. The bottom line is does she know what moves are best for GNR.

My personal opinion is that if Axl wants Beta as a manager, then she could be his "personal" manager. But a band as big as GNR should have an accomplished business manager running the operation.

I am not so concerned about whether she (and the rest of the management team) knows what moves are necessary to get GN'R in the right direction, I am more worried about a possible lack of extensive business network and legal understanding (drafting agreements and so on) that may prevent them from executing on these moves. But I'll await my judgement till they've worked a few years. So far I am positively surprised by all that has happened in their short reign and I consider the merchandise thing to be a minor nuisance.

I agree with your overall sentiment but I believe you downplays Beta's experience. Remember she has been working close to Axl for maaany years now, partially being a manager before. She might now have an education in managing rock bands (and few does ;)) but she definitely has experience now from managing GN'R and she definitely knows Axl (the no. 1 skill needed to manage GN'R).

Definately,She has been involved w/gnr and performs a variety of purposes,she is most knowledgeable about the workings of GNR,and a genuinely nice person.

No cancellations? Tell that to the fans who bought tickets for Southaven and Albany late last year.

My personal opinion is that if Axl wants Beta as a manager, then she could be his "personal" manager. But a band as big as GNR should have an accomplished business manager running the operation.

For the record, I like Beta and her kids. They are good people, and Axl is comfortable around them and trusts them which is very important.

But the band is nowhere near promoted as well as it should be, the North American Tour shows didn't sell nearly as well as they should have, and there always seems to be crap happening to turn off the fans.

wade(ctrl) wrote:

AeroGuns wrote:

Will definitely be doing the exchange. Will the info be going to email or somewhere on here? Thanks!

Good question. Information will be emailed, but as soon as I see any info, I will also post it.

Hope the exchange isn't at the buyers expense who pays the postage on that?The return postage would be the same as the value of the AFD shirt

Since it's ground cntrl's mistake in the first place

Guest gunns5

what a joke, they expect us to pay with our time and money to send back the appetite shirt?

Has this company been in business longer than a day?