Kurt Cobain Was Recording A Solo Album

Chewbacca

I think he talked to Michael stipe about it. Basically he was going more acoustic or like All apologise. I guess he wanted to get away from the more metal crowd. Whereas the band were pushing for more tours.

When an artist has obligations, they react in all sorts of weird ways sometimes.

It's kind of funny that Kurt bit Axl's hand, yet when Nirvana headlined, he couldn't handle it either. It's just this big machine, and guys like Springsteen, Jagger, and Bono know how to work the stage. One of the things I wasn't a big fan of the Illusions tour was the amount of running Axl did, but for performance sake, and trying to get to all angles of the arena, was needed. Now you have all sorts of shit in an arena to bring the singer to the nosebleeds. On one of Prince's 21 Nights shows, he went bike riding through the crowd. Last night, Springsteen came out an hour early with his acoustic and did a couple of songs, basically being his own opening act.

It wasn't just a metal crowd, but it was the jocks and bullies, the same ones that fucked with Axl and Kurt as teenagers, being the most aggressive at the shows. I know Kurt's said it, some of you know if Axl's said it.. I'm pretty sure on this. You see a lot of them at the Tool concerts, and Keenan's real dweeby, but he's also reinforcing the mystique of their shows and not making it all about him. He doesn't shut out the jock element at the shows, but would be the guy who would spike the Gatorade cooler with acid at a football game.

With the Rome incident, I don't know if Krist and Dave were pushing for more tours, but it's possible Dave would've been out of Nirvana after In Utero and went on to do Foo Fighters.

And if you watch Back and Forth, Dave can say what he wants about GnR, he can't keep his fucking band lineup together either. But he WAS Foo Fighters from the beginning like Reznor's NIN.. and Dave can def. play all instruments.

wasn't it well known he had plans to release a solo album produed by michael stipe from REM?

Yeah I read that somewhere, apparently it was gonna be really mellow and have some stuff with violins and shiz. Would no doubt have been interesting.

On one of Prince's 21 Nights shows, he went bike riding through the crowd.

Good post gotta love Prince :rofl-lol:

Guest Len B'stard
It's kind of funny that Kurt bit Axl's hand, yet when Nirvana headlined, he couldn't handle it either.

How are the two things related?

I think he talked to Michael stipe about it. Basically he was going more acoustic or like All apologise. I guess he wanted to get away from the more metal crowd. Whereas the band were pushing for more tours.

When an artist has obligations, they react in all sorts of weird ways sometimes.

It's kind of funny that Kurt bit Axl's hand, yet when Nirvana headlined, he couldn't handle it either. It's just this big machine, and guys like Springsteen, Jagger, and Bono know how to work the stage. One of the things I wasn't a big fan of the Illusions tour was the amount of running Axl did, but for performance sake, and trying to get to all angles of the arena, was needed. Now you have all sorts of shit in an arena to bring the singer to the nosebleeds. On one of Prince's 21 Nights shows, he went bike riding through the crowd. Last night, Springsteen came out an hour early with his acoustic and did a couple of songs, basically being his own opening act.

It wasn't just a metal crowd, but it was the jocks and bullies, the same ones that fucked with Axl and Kurt as teenagers, being the most aggressive at the shows. I know Kurt's said it, some of you know if Axl's said it.. I'm pretty sure on this. You see a lot of them at the Tool concerts, and Keenan's real dweeby, but he's also reinforcing the mystique of their shows and not making it all about him. He doesn't shut out the jock element at the shows, but would be the guy who would spike the Gatorade cooler with acid at a football game.

With the Rome incident, I don't know if Krist and Dave were pushing for more tours, but it's possible Dave would've been out of Nirvana after In Utero and went on to do Foo Fighters.

And if you watch Back and Forth, Dave can say what he wants about GnR, he can't keep his fucking band lineup together either. But he WAS Foo Fighters from the beginning like Reznor's NIN.. and Dave can def. play all instruments.

from Heavier than Heaven I got that Chris and Dave were basically encouraging Kurt to come back right away and tour or do another album. Just keep this thing going. He kind of used Live in NY to delay it. Kurt was kind of trying really hard to stay punk rock to such a self flagellating degree that he was...he was just hanging out purely with junkies. He didn't trust anyone else. He was doing a bit of an Axl in a way trying to find a way to work, but it was isolating him. I felt when reading that book was that they were both under the influence of Lennon. They wanted a lay off, maybe as a way of recharging or gaining control. So when people did interventions on Kurt at his hose he screamed "I know what I'm doing!" he didn't want to go back on tour. He didn't want to go to work his ass off around the world again. Courtney was no use she was pushing as well to get out and earn for the family, be a rock star like Bono. So his only friends were these junkies that didn't really care if they or he lived or died really but at least they didn't treat him different etc. or try to get him to go on tour. But all that crazy unwillingness to conform was driving him crazy but if you watch Live tonight Sold Out, it created these amazingly bitter angry shows. It really seemed to matter to him but you can see that no matter how much he vented on stage it just wasn't going to be enough.