The next tour

Guns n' Swedes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until they create some new music, other than beard styles, I doubt much will change.

Maybe Gillette could be a future sponsor :D

A new member could pop up should an existing member exit.

Who know's what will happen in Axl's band. I very much Axl knows himself at the moment.

Edited by vaida

Another tour the same as the last will be just as good! I'm still attending 4 of the UK gigs, but it's risky to do it exactly the same. So i'm expecting a slightly different stage, slightly revamped setlist, and maybe 2 new songs to test the water with. Not too long before we find out. Roll on the 17th.

I have it on good authority that the mustache will stay.

Maybe there willl be a Get In The Rign pt.2 sometime in the future..

Axl spweing bile about Bic, Wilkinson etc all the while saying nothing about Gillette his prefered brand :D

Edited by vaida

They've been on the same tour since 2001, why would anything change? I'm sorry, but adding a small handful of songs (most of which are covers or 20 years old) to the set list over 11 years is fucking ridiculous. I've seen this band 7 or 8 times since '06, and I don't think I'd pay to go again. anyone who gets excited about these silly tours has clearly never seen shows by bob dylan, radiohead, nin, etc.

this "band" is just a silly juke box cover band, playing the same 15 songs night after night after night after night. :thumbsdown:

Edited by nonlinear

15 songs?

2003?

:rofl-lol:

sorry,i pushed the wrong key. i meant 2001. how old were you in 2001 - 4 or 5? I know you joined the forums relatively recently so you might not be as bored with the band as some of us who have been listening to appetite since the 1980s... but just because you've posted thousands of times in just over a year ( :rofl-lol: ) doesn't make your opinion more valid than the rest of us. don't you have something better to do, like posting some youtube videos or something. :rolleyes:

15 songs?

2003?

:rofl-lol:

sorry,i pushed the wrong key. i meant 2001. how old were you in 2001 - 4 or 5? I know you joined the forums relatively recently so you might not be as bored with the band as some of us who have been listening to appetite since the 1980s... but just because you've posted thousands of times in just over a year ( :rofl-lol: ) doesn't make your opinion more valid than the rest of us. don't you have something better to do, like posting some youtube videos or something. :rolleyes:

:scared:

since late 2009, and it always turns out to be basically the same tour

Is it not actually just still the same tour? I am not really sure what is what anymore.

The Up Close and Personal leg was obviously a new leg but the novelty there was the venues instead. Maybe just maybe maybe this will be the start of a new cycle into new material in 8 years time or something.

In fact, earlier I watched the start of The Ritz 2012 on youtube and it dawned on me, when they opened with Chinese Democracy, it was longer since the live debut of that song than it was for November Rain at Rio 2001. The distance between this upcoming tour and the first play of some of the 'new' songs they will be playing is far greater than the gap between the demise of old new gnr and the start of NewGNR.

Edited by Chinaski

It would be great if they introduced a couple of new songs. An oldie I would love to hear again is Out ta get me, which I'm sure they did a couple of times in the US last year. Would love Coma but I just think that would be too hard to to, it's a bit of an epic.