The next tour

Guns n' Swedes

it's mostly, the same tour for almost 10 years. it must even have a script or something. when you use pyro or cool effects you should do it like rammstein or nin or just drop it, looks dated.

new tour will be the same as the last legs of the Chinese Democracy Endless World Tour. I could bet on it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at my official "Chinese Democracy World Tour 2002" T-shirt only yesterday! That actually made me wonder a little bit. Which other band has the same tour for 10 years?????????

Not complaining here, as I always enjoy seing Guns, but I never really thought about that this is actually the same tour for 10 years now! Must be a world record ;)

Are you talking about the name of the tour or the content of the tour? If you are talking about the name: I don't think the European tour is named "Chinese Democracy World Tour", and I know the recent US tour wasn't, so you are wrong. If you are talking about content then you should know that the setlists have changed a lot in the time from 2002 till 2012, so again, you would be wrong. In other words, it is not the same tour.

There is also nothing remarkable in having toured for 10 years with only one new record released in this period. Bands/artists are able do that when they have a product (strong back catalogue and great show) that people are willing to pay money for.

Were there actually names for all the other tours? Except South America Tour XXXX or North America Tour XXXX ?

I was looking at my official "Chinese Democracy World Tour 2002" T-shirt only yesterday! That actually made me wonder a little bit. Which other band has the same tour for 10 years?????????

Not complaining here, as I always enjoy seing Guns, but I never really thought about that this is actually the same tour for 10 years now! Must be a world record ;)

Are you talking about the name of the tour or the content of the tour? If you are talking about the name: I don't think the European tour is named "Chinese Democracy World Tour", and I know the recent US tour wasn't, so you are wrong. If you are talking about content then you should know that the setlists have changed a lot in the time from 2002 till 2012, so again, you would be wrong. In other words, it is not the same tour.

There is also nothing remarkable in having toured for 10 years with only one new record released in this period. Bands/artists are able do that when they have a product (strong back catalogue and great show) that people are willing to pay money for.

Were there actually names for all the other tours? Except South America Tour XXXX or North America Tour XXXX ?

I have no idea, I just know that the last tour was the Up Close And Personal tour, hence not the same name as the tour in 2002.

Counting your example alone, new songs in the setlist (not including AC/DC covers and solos) include Chinese Democracy, Sorry, You're Crazy, Estranged, This I Love, Used to Love Her, Shackler's Revenge, Don't Cry, Better, Civil War, My Michelle, and Mama Kin.

And in other shows over the course of 2006-2010 they've also played Scraped, IRS, Catcher in the Rye, If The World, Nice Boys, TWAT, Down on the Farm, a couple of Prostitutes and Riad N' The Bedouins, and various additional covers.

2002 and 2012 were not the same shows by any means. There were also no shows in 2003, 2004 and 2008, and only four shows each in 2001 and 2009, and only half-length (~20-25 shows) tours in 2002 and 2007. It was really about five years of touring, to call it ten is like saying Grover Cleveland had a twelve year presidency (sorry to any non-US people who'd have to look up that reference).

Don't start this argument again.

Edited by Flayer