Outro from Far and Away (and solo from Standing in the Sun) can be heard in New Slash interview video!

Naupis

The length of a guitar solo doesn't matter. It just needs to be executed meaningfully. If you combine both of Slash's solos in Jungle, it's about 45 seconds. It's So Easy is a combined 35. Brownstone is 27. If you look at his more recent work, Slither is 28. I Hold On is 50. Slash definitely wanted to prove something as a guitar player on the Illusions, but I don't think he ever really cared for that grand, opulent shit..

-Kickingthehabit

The length of a guitar solo doesn't matter. It just needs to be executed meaningfully. If you combine both of Slash's solos in Jungle, it's about 45 seconds. It's So Easy is a combined 35. Brownstone is 27. If you look at his more recent work, Slither is 28. I Hold On is 50. Slash definitely wanted to prove something as a guitar player on the Illusions, but I don't think he ever really cared for that grand, opulent shit..

-Kickingthehabit

Very true. With the exception of Sweet Child, the solos on Appetite were relatively short. They became longer on Illusions.

-Kickingthehabit

Very true. With the exception of Sweet Child, the solos on Appetite were relatively short. They became longer on Illusions.

Nightrain is very long. And yes, I fuckin' loved the Illusions solos. I want long solos, big outros and Slash isn't providing that. So I'm just like... :shrugs:

I want long solos, big outros and Slash isn't providing that. So I'm just like... :shrugs:

you can be all :shrugs: all you want,

but it's about the song, not always about the solo, although there's some great ones on there, no doubt.

The fact that he put Myles' and Conspirators (Todd/Brent's) indicates this is much more of a band effort that the last album. And therefore much less of a "solo" album.

You can get long solos on any Buckethead, or Steve Vai album.

Edited by moreblack

I want long solos, big outros and Slash isn't providing that. So I'm just like... :shrugs:

but it's about the song, not always about the solo, although there's some great ones on there, no doubt.

The fact that he put Myles' and Conspirators (Todd/Brent's) indicates this is much more of a band effort that the last album. And therefore much less of a "solo" album.

Yup, but I want Slash solos. There's nothing wrong with expecting something your favorite guitarist used to provide. It gets generic, boring and repetitive the common "riff-chorus-riff-solo-riff-chorus-riff" type of song. At least for me.

That's it? Really Slash? A 20-second solo for "Standing in the Sun", I really hope not.

So you're distraught over 1 song having a minimum 20 sec solo? And we haven't even heard the whole song let alone the album?

Go squeeze a tennis ball, grab some fresh air. It will be alright. :lol:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Yup, but I want Slash solos. There's nothing wrong with expecting something your favorite guitarist used to provide. It gets generic, boring and repetitive the common "riff-chorus-riff-solo-riff-chorus-riff" type of song. At least for me.

then this album maybe isn't for you. You's wanting something else that this isn't.

Edited by moreblack

then this album maybe isn't for you. You's wanting something else that this isn't.

Maybe :)