The case for Axl Rose being bipolar

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

I think it is everyone's job to speak for science...

Keep on thinking that :xmassrudolph:

Posting the smilies to emphasize your poorly made "points" makes you look like a cupcake stuck in 1997, and the fact that you just dissed science makes you even more of a loon.

Axl keeps his kind in tow, doesn't he?

I'm against organized religion,that said it isn't your job to "speak for science" :lol:

Well it's not your job to speak for the band, but sure enough in every single thread, there you are defending them.

They should put you on salary.

Science also says that you came from an explosion. Give me a fucking break. Someone that died was spotted getting back to life 2000 years ago. Dont you think that if it was all a lie this story wouldnt be heard by us? If you think that you have a heart and a brain (mind you, something that would never, ever be so perfect if it came from an explosion out of nowhere) because a smarter and evolving monkey was born before you, great. I will never buy this piece of crap that science explains. Biggest load of crap Ive ever heard. Science can suck my dick...HA.

Tell us about dinosaurs and how they were tamed by Jesus.

http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/most-popular/1236-scientists-prove-jesus-walked-with-dinosaurs.html

You realize that's a comedy news site, right?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm against organized religion,that said it isn't your job to "speak for science" :lol:

Well it's not your job to speak for the band, but sure enough in every single thread, there you are defending them.

Science also says that you came from an explosion.

No, that is a simplified and wrong understanding of the Big Bang theory. It wasn't an explosion, really. Besides, we as a species, or any other life forms on Earth, didn't come as an immediate result of the start of the Universe...First you had abiogenesis.

Someone that died was spotted getting back to life 2000 years ago. Dont you think that if it was all a lie this story wouldnt be heard by us?

Some lies are very persistent and some people are persistently stupid...

If you think that you have a heart and a brain (mind you, something that would never, ever be so perfect if it came from an explosion out of nowhere)

You seem to mix up the origin of the Universe with biological evolution...Biological evolution doesn't happen in explosions, but as a very slow process where small beneficial changes accumulate over time. When this process goes on for sufficient amount of generation the results can be rather spectacular.

because a smarter and evolving monkey was born before you, great.

That is not how evolution works. We have hearts and a brains because our species evolved from other species who also had hearts and brains and because it is a good adaptation.

I will never buy this piece of crap that science explains. Biggest load of crap Ive ever heard. Science can suck my dick...HA.

It's rather unfair of you to criticise science when you obviously doesn't understand it.

Posting the smilies to emphasize your poorly made "points" makes you look like a cupcake stuck in 1997, and the fact that you just dissed science makes you even more of a loon.

Science also says that you came from an explosion. Give me a fucking break. Someone that died was spotted getting back to life 2000 years ago. Dont you think that if it was all a lie this story wouldnt be heard by us? If you think that you have a heart and a brain (mind you, something that would never, ever be so perfect if it came from an explosion out of nowhere) because a smarter and evolving monkey was born before you, great. I will never buy this piece of crap that science explains. Biggest load of crap Ive ever heard. Science can suck my dick...HA.

jesus-dinosaur2.jpg

jesus-dinosaur2.jpg

Are you really so dumb that you just googled "dinosaurs jesus" and are posting random links instead of explaining yourself?

Just because something was painted doesn't mean it happened.

http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/most-popular/1236-scientists-prove-jesus-walked-with-dinosaurs.html

You realize that's a comedy news site, right?

Really?

jesus-dinosaur1.jpg

There is also a different between past-life regression therapy and regression therapy. They are not one and the same.

Axl underwent both then.

Erin Everly:

Axl's beliefs were different than mine.... [After my dogs died] Axl believed that he had the dogs' souls transferred [into new dogs].... He said that I wasn't appreciative that he had given me the opportunity to have [our dogs] Torque and Geneva back, and that I should call [the new dogs] Torque and Geneva.

And from a Rolling Stone article in 2000:

Axl, according to a confidant, believes he and Stephanie Seymour were together in fifteen or sixteen past lives.

Everly sat for a deposition. She testified that Axl believed that she and Seymour were sisters in a past life and were "trying to kill him." As far as her own relationship with Axl went, Everly said, "Axl had told met that in a past life we were Indians and that I killed our children, and that's why he was so mean to me in this life."

Please, defend that.

Someone defend Axl beating his wife because of his past-life regression "discovery" that Erin had killed their children in a past life.

Regression therapy involves recovering memories. Axl talked about that in his 1992 RS interview.

As far as Erin Everly's allegations, I'd say there is a difference between an accusation or allegation and a fact.

Especially in the case where no criminal charges have been filed an therefore no criminal proceedings have occurred.

Ali

jesus-dinosaur2.jpg

Are you really so dumb that you just googled "dinosaurs jesus" and are posting random links instead of explaining yourself?

Just because something was painted doesn't mean it happened.

Damn,and I thought those were photographs :lol:

Science proceeds on the presupposition that the world is naturally ordered and contained. Sorry, but that's faith if I've ever heard of it. Learn some philosophy and theology you jackasses and quit bashing religion to look like you're original.

Science is a footnote to philosophy, which is thoroughly intertwined with theology. Truth hurts.

There is also a different between past-life regression therapy and regression therapy. They are not one and the same.

Axl underwent both then.

Erin Everly:

Axl's beliefs were different than mine.... [After my dogs died] Axl believed that he had the dogs' souls transferred [into new dogs].... He said that I wasn't appreciative that he had given me the opportunity to have [our dogs] Torque and Geneva back, and that I should call [the new dogs] Torque and Geneva.

And from a Rolling Stone article in 2000:

Axl, according to a confidant, believes he and Stephanie Seymour were together in fifteen or sixteen past lives.

Everly sat for a deposition. She testified that Axl believed that she and Seymour were sisters in a past life and were "trying to kill him." As far as her own relationship with Axl went, Everly said, "Axl had told met that in a past life we were Indians and that I killed our children, and that's why he was so mean to me in this life."

Please, defend that.

Someone defend Axl beating his wife because of his past-life regression "discovery" that Erin had killed their children in a past life.

Regression therapy involves recovering memories. Axl talked about that in his 1992 RS interview.

As far as Erin Everly's allegations, I'd say there is a difference between an accusation or allegation and a fact.

Especially in the case where no criminal charges have been filed an therefore no criminal proceedings have occurred.

Ali

Thank you Ali :thumbsup:

I'm freelancing.

It's a shame someone would be put in a position to defend GNR on a GNR fan forum.

But it doesn't actually work:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/522/is-it-possible-to-recall-past-lives-through-hypnosis

Your opinion again :rolleyes:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/522/is-it-possible-to-recall-past-lives-through-hypnosis

I'm honestly convinced now that you're just trolling for the sake of trolling.

A highly-researched article is not opinion. Read it. Think for yourself.

I'm honestly convinced now that you're just trolling for the sake of trolling.

A highly-researched article is not opinion. Read it. Think for yourself.

I don't cupcake,I speak my mind.

A highly researched article does not equal a universal truth.

Science also says that you came from an explosion.

No, that is a simplified and wrong understanding of the Big Bang theory. It wasn't an explosion, really. Besides, we as a species, or any other life forms on Earth, didn't come as an immediate result of the start of the Universe...First you had abiogenesis.

Someone that died was spotted getting back to life 2000 years ago. Dont you think that if it was all a lie this story wouldnt be heard by us?

Some lies are very persistent and some people are persistently stupid...

If you think that you have a heart and a brain (mind you, something that would never, ever be so perfect if it came from an explosion out of nowhere)

You seem to mix up the origin of the Universe with biological evolution...Biological evolution doesn't happen in explosions, but as a very slow process where small beneficial changes accumulate over time. When this process goes on for sufficient amount of generation the results can be rather spectacular.

because a smarter and evolving monkey was born before you, great.

That is not how evolution works. We have hearts and a brains because our species evolved from other species who also had hearts and brains and because it is a good adaptation.

I will never buy this piece of crap that science explains. Biggest load of crap Ive ever heard. Science can suck my dick...HA.

It's rather unfair of you to criticise science when you obviously doesn't understand it.

How can you prove that what happened 2000 years ago was a lie? You cant. You are the stupid here, watch out your own stupidity before calling someone out. I am not the one that believes a brain and a human body actually have anything to do with big bang. It doesnt matter how much years have passed since the big bang, a brain would never, ever be so much complex and whatnot if it came from...the big bang. Evolution, monkeys...yada yada. Bullshit. Dont you actually have a brain to think about that? That doesnt make sense. Science was proven wrong many times and you cant prove the bible wrong. Oh, and the dinossaurs you see painted everywhere were described in the bible several times.

How can you prove that what happened 2000 years ago was a lie? You cant. You are the stupid here, watch out your own stupidity before calling someone out. I am not the one that believes a brain and a human body actually have anything to do with big bang. It doesnt matter how much years have passed since the big bang, a brain would never, ever be so much complex and whatnot if it came from...the big bang. Evolution, monkeys...yada yada. Bullshit. Dont you actually have a brain to think about that? That doesnt make sense. Science was proven wrong many times and you cant prove the bible wrong. Oh, and the dinossaurs you see painted everywhere were described in the bible several times.

None of what you say makes any sense because you're basing what you say off a piece of fiction.

Stop drinking the kool-aid and think for yourself.

First off, did you notice your link has the term "past lives" in it?

Second, where did I say it "worked"? I said there is a distinction between regressing into past lives and trying to recover your own memories.

I'm not commenting on its efficacy as I've never tried it.

Ali

Why are some of you acting like calling Axl bipolar is an insult? It's not. As some of the people with the disorder (and as I, a person who lives with three people with the diagnosis) have pointed out, he does exhibit the behaviors of one who is bipolar. Of course, you'd have to know him in his personal life, but countless interviews by people who have interacted with him/are friends with him/used to be friends with him have alluded to it.

It's fine. It doesn't mean Axl's a terrible, mental person. Not at all. It's just an explanation for some rather illogical behavior. And it's a good explanation. I don't know why people are so thrown off by "labels." Labels are just an easier way of keeping track of people with a similar disorder. :lol: I can't believe I have to say that. Should we just say his symptoms and not put the official label on it? Okay, if you say so, but that's a lot of typing.

Why are some of you acting like calling Axl bipolar is an insult? It's not. As some of the people with the disorder (and as I, a person who lives with three people with the diagnosis) have pointed out, he does exhibit the behaviors of one who is bipolar. Of course, you'd have to know him in his personal life, but countless interviews by people who have interacted with him/are friends with him/used to be friends with him have alluded to it.

It's fine. It doesn't mean Axl's a terrible, mental person. Not at all. It's just an explanation for some rather illogical behavior. And it's a good explanation. I don't know why people are so thrown off by "labels." Labels are just an easier way of keeping track of people with a similar disorder. :lol: I can't believe I have to say that. Should we just say his symptoms and not put the official label on it? Okay, if you say so, but that's a lot of typing.

To further stretch your point, MOST geniuses have Bi Polar. So in some ways, having it and being an artist is sort of a badge of honor. It makes him special imo.

To further stretch your point, MOST geniuses have Bi Polar. So in some ways, having it and being an artist is sort of a badge of honor. It makes him special imo.

I agree with this. Honestly, it makes me love Axl more that he's bipolar (in a sick kind of way).

I agree with this. Honestly, it makes me love Axl more that he's bipolar (in a sick kind of way).

Not really a sick kind of way, it makes him special as was mentioned above. However he hasn't been diagnosed as such from what we know & do we really care? He's stayed out of trouble (from what I know of him) for some time now & that's certainly a turn for the better :rolleyes:

Science proceeds on the presupposition that the world is naturally ordered and contained.

Sorry, but that's faith if I've ever heard of it. Learn some philosophy and theology you jackasses and quit bashing religion to look like you're original.

Science is a footnote to philosophy, which is thoroughly intertwined with theology. Truth hurts.

But you obviously don't know the truth, and I guess that hurts more :D. Because science does not "proceed on the presupposition that the world is ordered and contained". That is just rubbish. In fact, this is just an argument that religious nutcases who doesn't understand science has come up with to attack science.

Religion, or more precisely, theism, on the other hand, IS irrational faith.

It's not the article that's been researched, but I guess you weren't the one to say that first :). And yes, one scientific paper does not necessarily speak the truth, conclusions from the article may be adjusted, polished and even discarded in the light of new evidence from other publications. But still, support from one research publication in a peer-reviewed journal is immensely better than unqualified opinions.

By pointing out that critical parts of the dogmas of Christianity definitely violates numerous laws of nature. Ta-da!

Again, you are mixing up Big Bang and biological evolution again.

I can't prove the Bible wrong? I can point out that the creation myths (there are two of them) in the Bible is in stark disagreement with scientific evidence of how the Universe was created. Ta-da!

I don't know why people are so thrown off by "labels." Labels are just an easier way of keeping track of people with a similar disorder. :lol: I can't believe I have to say that. Should we just say his symptoms and not put the official label on it? Okay, if you say so, but that's a lot of typing.

As long as we don't have evidence for Axl suffering from bipolar disorder today, and rather try to diagnose him based on a cross-section of symptoms from his 25 year-old career, we risk labelling him with the wrong diagnosis. It is much better actually discussing his behaviour today, rather than make the potential mistake of over-simplifying it by imprecisely labelling him with a disorder he very well might not suffer from (any more).

To further stretch your point, MOST geniuses have Bi Polar.

Hah, no. There is weak correlation between intelligence (especially as manifested in social sciences like literature and other creative arts) and bipolar disorder, but that does not mean that "MOST geniuses" suffer from this mental illness. In fact, if you look at a random selection of Nobel laureates most would not be diagnosed with bipolar... It does seem to be more prevalent among artists, though.

Science proceeds on the presupposition that the world is naturally ordered and contained.

Sorry, but that's faith if I've ever heard of it. Learn some philosophy and theology you jackasses and quit bashing religion to look like you're original.

But you obviously don't know the truth, and I guess that hurts more :D. Because science does not "proceed on the presupposition that the world is ordered and contained". That is just rubbish. In fact, this is just an argument that religious nutcases who doesn't understand science has come up with to attack science.

Religion, or more precisely, theism, on the other hand, IS irrational faith.

It's not the article that's been researched, but I guess you weren't the one to say that first :). And yes, one scientific paper does not necessarily speak the truth, conclusions from the article may be adjusted, polished and even discarded in the light of new evidence from other publications. But still, support from one research publication in a peer-reviewed journal is immensely better than unqualified opinions.

I partially agree with you on the issue that research certainly speaks louder than supposition,and irrational assumptions coming from an uninformed public, but even research isn't infallible.

I don't beloved in Organized Religion,and the brainwashing tactics they employ,the carefully guarded mindset they encourage and the right wing nutjobs that hide behind the guise of religion.

I do consider myself spiritual,and everyone's belief system is a personal choice.

but even research isn't infallible.

I don't think anyone here would make that claim, either.

The scientific method is the best method we have to figure out how the world works. It is far from perfect, but better than any other we have ever come up with and tinkered with. The best part of the scientific method is of course that it only present working models for how things are. And these models are continuously improved as new scientific evidence comes in, making these models more and more perfect at describing real world phenomena. Hence, science never claims to present "universal truths", only models with varying degrees of confidences. Some of these models are the heliocentric theory (Earth revolves around the Sun), the atomic theory (structure of atoms) and theory of evolution (how life on Earth evolves). All of these have such a high confidence that they are in practical terms proven, although they also all contains elements that are still not fully understood.

Edited by SoulMonster