Is anybody else hoping that GNR brings back the misogyny on CD II?

ITW 2012

Guest Len B'stard

Wasn't CD full of misogyny anyway? I mean there's a song on it called TWAT that appears to be about a bloke whoose been done wrong by a woman.

No. Axl's in his fifties. He should write about things relevant to his life now. The only problem is that it is hard to identify with an aging rockstar with a messiah complex. Not dissing Axl, but I found that to be the case with CD. Aside from "Street of Dreams," "Better," and "This I Love" I had a hard time identifying with the lyrics.

THIS!

No. Axl's in his fifties. He should write about things relevant to his life now. The only problem is that it is hard to identify with an aging rockstar with a messiah complex. Not dissing Axl, but I found that to be the case with CD. Aside from "Street of Dreams," "Better," and "This I Love" I had a hard time identifying with the lyrics.

THIS!

Sure,because 50 is ancient :rolleyes:

Weren't the songs written 20 years ago though :lol:

Edited by Coma16

THIS!

Yes, 50 is ancient. In this case.

THIS!

Yes, 50 is ancient. In this case.

Disagree,I would imagine 50 seems ancient when you are 15,but age is relative depending on where you are looking from. ;)

As far as age in rock music goes, over 40 is "ancient". You have to take into account there's people around 5 years old playing music, it's not like you wait until you have your degree, then become a professional musician. As soon as you get any sort of money, you're a "pro". Duff said he was 13 when he went pro, and Slash played pro as a teenager. Sometimes people were "done" as an adult in the rock and roll game. Syd Barrett had 1 year and was "done" at 22.

The "rules" have changed, even getting discovered in your 30s and 40s isn't weird anymore.

You can be badass, edgy, and exciting without being a buffoon about women. Yes, Axl has done this in the past too. Take a look at Perfect Crime, Shackler's Revenge, Garden of Eden...

I just assume someone would want the misogyny back because they don't think the lyrics to songs like This I Love or Madagascar are exciting or edgy. You're probably not even serious but there you go.

EDIT: Why does this say in the users here "Facebook" is online but you can't click the profile? Is Mark Zuckerburg (sp?) a member? lol..

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

You're talking about a time in someone's life where women degraded themselves for bragging rights that they banged a rock star, or had an agenda to get pregnant by one, and it was pretty much the same things Eminem was writing about.

Just grow out of it, get the therapy, and try to work on being a better person. It's not something he's going to go into with fans, and prob. the right time and place will come for him to get into it.

It doesn't mean he can't write about one particular woman being evil, or a composite of women, if the music brings it out of him.

The Stones never had a problem writing songs with a little misogyny when they were in their fifties.

It's So Easy 2012 version: "Turn around bitch, I got some dishes for you/Just ate my lamb dinner, and I'm bored."

Edited by ITW 2012

We want Axl to be crazy, sexy, cool without chasing waterfalls; stick to the street of dreams that he's used to. But I know that Axl's gotta have it his way or not at all. I just think he's moving too slow.

Edited by ITW 2012