If You Want New Music Please Stop With The Leaks Bullshit

wkuk04

Us as real gnr fans should let axl release music in his own time, whats the point of listening to unfinished music its like buying an unfinished piece of art so please im asking you no more leaks. Be patient, its coming.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dude that claimed to have Atlas Shrugged linked me to the Asshole Song in a PM haha.

Leaks suck, but they happen. It gets blown significantly out of proportion in terms of Guns N' Roses because Axl comes off as a hoarder. If we know we're gonna have new music in a timely fashion, ie 2-4 years for a new record (and that means stuff that hasn't been recorded and completed for 10+ years), it's not that big of a deal.

It's a tad ridiculous to sit on so much and not have some sort of plan to get it out. I don't hope for leaks, but there's almost no way to stop them. They're gonna get out if they want out. And I'll listen, mainly because I have some doubt as to when we'll ever get a follow-up release to Chinese Democracy.

Edited by DaneisKing1389

bring on the leaks

E

whose to say anything will b officially released in our lifetimes? If sumthing leaks I'd def cheat and listen once..

Unless you're 88 or have terminal cancer, shut up and wait.

I don't advocate stealing from a band simply to satisfy your personal agenda,it clearly shows what a sense of entitlement some "fans" have.

The unreleased material doesn't belong to you,expecting it to be released on your timetable is unrealistic.

I think the reason people want leaks so badly is because deep down they know they will probably never be released any other way. Plus, it does prove there is material out there that was recorded and not included on CD. It basically justifies GNR still being a recorded band. The fear is we haven't had any leaks (made public) that weren't included on CD.

It is my opinion that the material on CD is the only finished material (with vocals) that GNR have. If there are other songs out there they would have been recorded probably ten years ago. This material surely would have leaked by now. Nothing is secure in the information age.

I think that the songs on CD were planned for release, and being first on the list for mixing and finalizing, they got passed around far more often, and were thus far more likely to have been leaked than the others being saved for the future releases.

Edited by Flayer

I will always listen to leaks if they come out. I truly believe that anybody posting on this board would. Aren't you here because you love the music?? That's also the reason that all of us on here will also BUY anything that is released, as well.

I'm against them in general due to the fact of the record sales it prevents from the casual fans. I totally get that. If leaks stayed here among the crazy fans like us who buy everything also then it wouldn't be a big deal.

I don't advocate stealing from a band simply to satisfy your personal agenda,it clearly shows what a sense of entitlement some "fans" have.

The unreleased material doesn't belong to you,expecting it to be released on your timetable is unrealistic.

Yeah and it clearly shows what a sense of entitlement some musicians have...

The unreleased material belongs to his creator, but you probably understand the excitement...

If a band/musician doesn't release a damn thing for ages, then finally released an album, but the musician hints some unreleased songtitles, rumors etc. i think this is natural .

Edited by Motivation

Would I download a leak if it was available? Sure. Would I prefer to here it as intended, mix and mastered through official channels? Yes, definitely. I'm glad nothing has leaked yet. Getting a whole new album of Guns songs will be awesome when it happens. All those people fishing for leaks need to get a real hobby. Pick up a guitar or learn a martial art rather than try and obtain one song...

Yeah and it clearly shows what a sense of entitlement some musicians have...

The unreleased material belongs to his creator, but you probably understand the excitement...

If a band/musician doesn't release a damn thing for ages, then finally released an album, but the musician hints some unreleased songtitles, rumors etc. i think this is natural .

Of course the Musician that created the music is perfectly entitled to release it when and if he chooses to do so.

Fans are understandably anxious and excited to hear new music,but to take/steal someone's intellectual property is simply wrong.

Leaks among us are fine, because we're guaranteed to buy the new music, and give feedback on what we've heard. If it makes it out into the media and radio stations, different story.

He could always go on Bumble or Ashba's Ustream and have them play unreleased songs on it, and just go "here you go, bootleggers". Better than taking it into a strip club, and you KNOW it would just be fans in there.

Does Axl even Skype?

A 30 second- 1 minute leak doesn't help or hurt, it gives you really vague ideas about a song.

Leaks among us are fine, because we're guaranteed to buy the new music, and give feedback on what we've heard. If it makes it out into the media and radio stations, different story.

He could always go on Bumble or Ashba's Ustream and have them play unreleased songs on it, and just go "here you go, bootleggers". Better than taking it into a strip club, and you KNOW it would just be fans in there.

Does Axl even Skype?

A 30 second- 1 minute leak doesn't help or hurt, it gives you really vague ideas about a song.

It would make the hunger for new material much much worse though... I prefer nothing than a tease followed by nothing.

At what point are you people against leaks going to be okay with leaks? If the Euro tour ends with no hint of new music? If there is a long period of silence after Euro tour? If another tour after that passes with no music? If Axl retires? Never?

It's not like the leaks held up the release of Chi Dem. If they had the scenario would have been Axl choosing or having to record other songs, which didn't happen, clearly they either sped up the release because they forced him to choose those songs since they were already out or (more likely) they were the songs always intended for the release anyway and helped speed up the release for fear of more leaks.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

Does Axl even Skype?

Definately superior than playing it in a strip club,but hindsight is 20/20

Fact: if Skwerl wouldn't have leaked those demos a few years ago and forced Axl's hand, it's possible Chinese Democracy would still be sitting unreleased right now

Bring on the leaks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the origin of the leaks was someone who worked for the record company.

I mean I'm fairly convinced a few rounds of the leaks were done on purpose as a sort of litmus test, but not the times where 8 songs came out at once. If it leaks, fuck yeah I'm downloading it but I'm not checking my computer every hour refreshing this page looking for one.

leaks are actually a positive thing for a band like gnr. it's a good way to test the listeners and i do believe puts pressure on axl. it also gives the fans the chance to hear new music without axl dictating the time.

so yeah, if anything new leaks, i'll get it in a heartbeat. if that's the only way to hear new music without waiting for a lifetime.