If You Want New Music Please Stop With The Leaks Bullshit

wkuk04

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if GNR functioned like a half normal band and didnt lead us on through their history im sure us fans would be more than happy to wait a while, but sadly not much is certain anymore. I want any leak I can get because remember im sure it's not Axl's intent to release ALL the demos/recordings ever made in the CD era or after, so as a TRUE fan i want to hear everything i can get, cuz a lot will likely never be intended for official release. Like say a demo of Atlas Shrugged that maybe bucket played on, cuz now hes out of the band so when this song is released someone else will play on it, or it will flat out just be different...see what im saying here? a true fan would want to hear everything

and in regard to the statement of demos not being finished material so why would you want to hear them? well last time i checked A LOT of people preferred so called unfinished demo versions to final CD songs........

but yes, i can also see the harm in what leaks can do to the band

Edited by amacfantasy

I think people don't have new music since 2001 when the first leaks of Chinese Democracy were released. The album was released in 2008 but by that time, people knew at least what half of the album would be like.

I think it gets frustrating to some but I say WAIT. With Axl Rose and his band you never know. They may or may not be in the studio right now, who knows?

Edited by pi2loc

Leaks are part of the music business. It's like riots or hooligans at a soccer game - it's going to happen. I sincerely doubt that the leaks were what held up Chinese Democracy. Why would Chinese Democracy be treated any different than an album release by another large music star. Leaks happen all the time to Eminem, 50 Cent, Beyonce, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. They still manage to work within the system and release material regardless of the disruption caused by leaks.

If anything, a leak here or there would likely return interest to the band. I think leaks only hurt the band if they do not live up to expectations, and that's what ultimately hurt Chinese Democracy. Everyone was waiting what seemed like forever to hear new music from this new version of Guns N' Roses to see if Axl was warranted in carrying on the new name. I think the situation now is different; most people have moved on from Axl's band and would only be interested in a leak if it was awesome. And if the leak changed people's perception of the current state of Guns N' Roses, that most likely would be a positive thing. I don't believe in leaking the entire album, but a song here or there would help muster up interest again in this band that people have considered a nostalgia act (75% of live material is from the old band, and most of the remaining new stuff is ten years or older).

And before you get all pissy about leaks, ask yourself if you listened to any of the Chinese Democracy leaks. You can't be angry of leaks if at one point you too were happy to hear them.

Cheers,

Andrew

If they were on New Guns album 3 now with Bucket, Robin and Brain and had released a load of singles and videos, done interviews with full band pics, a live album and DVD etc then i'd say absolutely no way.

As it stands and will probably continue to stand for years, I hope someone leaks the whole damn lot whilst Axl's still opening the Chinese tour with Jungle, Easy and Brownstone 11 years in.

I think there's nothing out there anyways, and even if there were, after what happened to Skwerl no ones gonna leak diddly squat.

In a way that will make the next Guns album very special, as it will be a full album of new songs ( if it ever sees the light of day)

It is interesting that people will download a movie illegally on line, but then freak out if people listen to a leak of a song?

How is listening to a leak stealing the property of a band? If people are saying it is stealing because YOU didn't purchase it..........then that means we are stealing when we listen to a friend's album? Or if I listen to a song on youtube that I didn't purchase?

I'm going to buy every official song/album that GnR releases. So if a leak comes out, all it is doing is giving us music until something official is released.

Leaks don't kill the sales of the upcoming album. If the song is good - the leak will help the sales. If the song is bad - then the quality of the song people have heard might hurt the sales of the future album.

Finally, why are leaks only really a problem with Guns n Roses? Some bads purposely leak songs. Some bands purposely put out songs in advance to start building up hype and excitement for their upcoming album. Most bands have a give-give relationship with their fans. They want to put their music into the hands of their fans.........but with GnR it's the exact opposite. Axl has integrity by NOT releasing more music and because he doesn't cater to his fans.

If a song is leaked before an album is released, most bands reaction would be "What did the fans think of it?" But with GnR the reaction is "We better sue whoever leaked it."

I think some people on this forum forget that we are talking about rock music. An unreleased GnR song isn't going to cure cancer or doesn't contain secret information that is vital to national security. It's a rock n roll song.

AND, leaks wouldn't be such a big deal if the band routinely put out music, like most other bands do. When you only put out one album every 15 years, then fans start craving new music. It has NOTHING to do with having a sense of entitlement. It has everything to do with loving your favorite band's music. Big difference.

Luckily though, we have Forum Police who dictate to other fans what they can/cannot think. :rolleyes:

I think people don't have new music since 2001 when the first leaks of Chinese Democracy were released. The album was released in 2008 but by that time, people knew at least what half of the album would be like.

That's it exactly.

In a perfect world, nobody would want to listen to a leak.

But in the world of GnR, Atlas could be leaked tomorrow.........but there may not be a new album until 2017.

That's one reason people will always listen to the leaks.

I had the Blues, Madagascar and Rhiad in my constant playlist for seven years before the album came out.

I enjoyed a batch of GnR songs for 7 years. Somebody who didn't listen to them.......

Bla bla bla.

I'll take anything I can get as far as leaks go.

I'll also buy anything that get's released.

But for the love of all that is holy, please stop all the bullshit regarding these tracks.

No more fat turds showing how much stuff they have on youtube video's.

No more attention whores trying to stir shit up and/or get their 5 minutes of fame.

No more public trading threads.

No more I have this and I want this.

Just stop dangling carrots in front of people if you're not going to give anything.

Stop stirring shit up just to end up doing nothing.

If you have stuff either leak it or shut up about it.

I don't advocate stealing from a band simply to satisfy your personal agenda,

Aside from wanting to hear new music from an album that they'll buy anyway (whenever it does come out), what "agenda" could a fan have?

Lol, calm down people, nothing leaked, just the usual thing: a newbie tried to scam people here by saying he had Atlas. If something real leaks, you'll see at least three topics here: one about the song, other complaining about not having something (Bucket, Robin or whatever) and other complaining about Axl's voice not having rasp/clean enough.

Us as real gnr fans should let axl release music in his own time, whats the point of listening to unfinished music its like buying an unfinished piece of art so please im asking you no more leaks. Be patient, its coming.

sorry buddy, but i am a REAL fan just like you. and as a fan, i want to hear new music. Songs leak every day, it doenst stop any other band from releasing an album. Heres an idea, dont take 16 years to release it this time. But i will be listening to any new music that hits the net.

Aside from wanting to hear new music from an album that they'll buy anyway (whenever it does come out), what "agenda" could a fan have?

Great point.

My "agenda" is wanting to hear new music from my favorite band.

Leaks are part of the music business. It's like riots or hooligans at a soccer game - it's going to happen. I sincerely doubt that the leaks were what held up Chinese Democracy. Why would Chinese Democracy be treated any different than an album release by another large music star. Leaks happen all the time to Eminem, 50 Cent, Beyonce, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. They still manage to work within the system and release material regardless of the disruption caused by leaks.

If anything, a leak here or there would likely return interest to the band. I think leaks only hurt the band if they do not live up to expectations, and that's what ultimately hurt Chinese Democracy. Everyone was waiting what seemed like forever to hear new music from this new version of Guns N' Roses to see if Axl was warranted in carrying on the new name. I think the situation now is different; most people have moved on from Axl's band and would only be interested in a leak if it was awesome. And if the leak changed people's perception of the current state of Guns N' Roses, that most likely would be a positive thing. I don't believe in leaking the entire album, but a song here or there would help muster up interest again in this band that people have considered a nostalgia act (75% of live material is from the old band, and most of the remaining new stuff is ten years or older).

And before you get all pissy about leaks, ask yourself if you listened to any of the Chinese Democracy leaks. You can't be angry of leaks if at one point you too were happy to hear them.

Cheers,

Andrew

If they were on New Guns album 3 now with Bucket, Robin and Brain and had released a load of singles and videos, done interviews with full band pics, a live album and DVD etc then i'd say absolutely no way.

As it stands and will probably continue to stand for years, I hope someone leaks the whole damn lot whilst Axl's still opening the Chinese tour with Jungle, Easy and Brownstone 11 years in.

If you combine these three posts, you get my point of view. Excellent posts, too.

Do we want "new" music or just unreleased stuff from the CD sessions? Because new music is gonna take time to write & record.

I would like anything with Axl's voice on it. I don't care if it is from 1986, 2006 or from yesterday.

Just songs with my favorite singer singing.

Do we want "new" music or just unreleased stuff from the CD sessions? Because new music is gonna take time to write & record.

I would like anything with Axl's voice on it. I don't care if it is from 1986, 2006 or from yesterday.

I wouldn't mind a few leaks, but I really don't want to know 90% of the album before it launches again. That made the whole thing pretty anti-climatic imho.

If Axl wanted to stop the demand for leaks from being so high, he could throw us a bone once in a while. Seriously, almost 4 years on from CD and he's not said a single word about a follow-up album. Just bits from hired hands who are unreliable sources.

Until Axl says they've been working on a new album, and some sort of timeframe as to when he hopes to have the album out, i'm sorry but I would fucking love a leak.

like pretty much everyone said, leaks are a big deal just for gnr, every other major band has found a way to work with it and make it profitable in some way. it's amazing how axl and his management are stuck in the last century and see the internet as an enemy.

If Axl wanted to stop the demand for leaks from being so high, he could throw us a bone once in a while. Seriously, almost 4 years on from CD and he's not said a single word about a follow-up album. Just bits from hired hands who are unreliable sources.

Until Axl says they've been working on a new album, and some sort of timeframe as to when he hopes to have the album out, i'm sorry but I would fucking love a leak.

This. Well said. :thumbsup:

MSE