Insurance denies Bumblefoot additional treatment

Georgy Zhukov

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BF forever the drama queen. You'd have thought Axl might have bunged him a few dollars to sort himself out. Times must be tight.

It's not the cost, it's the timing:

"Cost of treatment is not the issue, it's that there's now not enough time to get it done & be healed before the tour starts. *Time is the enemy* "

This is why I don't understand America. Why is healthcare got to do with how much money you got? Or why is your illness up to an insurance company to handle?

If you were ill it would be handled by a government bureaucrat who decided which medications and diagnostic tests were available to you.

The "on time" was definitely a friendly(?) jab a Axl. The UCAP tour they didn't seem to be any or many issues with the band going on late. By late I mean too much time between sets (not actual stage time).

I work in the Insurance industry. No one is denied benefits "day of" unless he violated a policy condition, in which case they have every right to deny. Assuming his auto carrier was covering the treatments, protocol is to give at least 7 days notice that they will no longer pay for his medicals. And if his auto insurance cuts him off, he can always submit his bills to his private health insurance.

Obviously the treatment he's been receiving for months now isn't the right treatment if he's not getting better.

I work in the Insurance industry. No one is denied benefits "day of" unless he violated a policy condition, in which case they have every right to deny. Assuming his auto carrier was covering the treatments, protocol is to give at least 7 days notice that they will no longer pay for his medicals. And if his auto insurance cuts him off, he can always submit his bills to his private health insurance.

Obviously the treatment he's been receiving for months now isn't the right treatment if he's not getting better.

1. The way things are supposed to go. A fuckup, by definition, is not the way things are supposed to go.

2. There's no way of knowing that. Long-term pains and debilitations are long-term. Full recovery can take years.

how about we have an injured man who's at risk of being nearly disabled, instead of corporate greed and trying to find out excuses not to pay for his treatment. Who makes those decisions? Why should they decide who lives comfortably and ho has to suffer, i'm sure 'they' wouldn't have to wait 2 years for the right treatment.

This is why I don't understand America. Why is healthcare got to do with how much money you got? Or why is your illness up to an insurance company to handle?

If you were ill it would be handled by a government bureaucrat who decided which medications and diagnostic tests were available to you.

Judging by the fact that he's Scottish, not American and seems content with the healthcare he gets and critical of the problems Ron's experiencing... It might not be a wild stretch of the imagination to say that I don't think he (or I for that matter) feel like that's a problem.

how about we have an injured man who's at risk of being nearly disabled, instead of corporate greed and trying to find out excuses not to pay for his treatment. Who makes those decisions? Why should they decide who lives comfortably and ho has to suffer, i'm sure 'they' wouldn't have to wait 2 years for the right treatment.

Oh please. Spare me the big bad insurance company schtick. Decisons on a persons health and course of tratment are not made arbitrarily. The companies are closely monitored and and have to follow strict guidelines. Tneir compliance to these regulations and quality control are all geared for the consumer, not the company. Bumblefoot lives in New Jesey and has access to to some of the best doctors in the country, if not the world. If he's seen no relief from his pain, and there's been no improvement, he's obviously getting the wrong type of treatment, and could potentially be causing more harm than good. Like it or not, Insurance companies aren't there to to pay medical bills for treatment that doesn't help.

Oh please. Spare me the big bad insurance company schtick. Decisons on a persons health and course of tratment are not made arbitrarily. The companies are closely monitored and and have to follow strict guidelines. Tneir compliance to these regulations and quality control are all geared for the consumer, not the company. Bumblefoot lives in New Jesey and has access to to some of the best doctors in the country, if not the world. If he's seen no relief from his pain, and there's been no improvement, he's obviously getting the wrong type of treatment, and could potentially be causing more harm than good. Like it or not, Insurance companies aren't there to to pay medical bills for treatment that doesn't help.

I won't say too much here but I will say this, his treatment DID help him, he need's more treatments to further help the pain. He has only had one treatment of this kind so far, it is not a one treatment kinda thing.

If insurance companies are always right then tell me why my mother-in-law just won a suit out of court for their mistakes and why my boses mother is doing the same thing.

Insurance companies are run by humans, errors happen all the time, I also find they are fast to take your money but make it very hard to get for those in need of it.

He was in a car accedent with insurance, he aint asking for something that he is not entitled to m8.

Anyway even if they messed up and they are now willing to do it for him there is no more time, the tour is to begin soon and with a 2 week resting fter treatment he cannot do it and do Guns tour.

I hope that Rons' back doesn't bother him too much, and that this was more of a check-up rather than a much needed appointment. I'd hate to see Ron up there on stage in obvious pain, and I also hope he can complete the tour without any dropouts or replacements.

I hope that Rons' back doesn't bother him too much, and that this was more of a check-up rather than a much needed appointment. I'd hate to see Ron up there on stage in obvious pain, and I also hope he can complete the tour without any dropouts or replacements.

I think that is why he is going to tour, he does not want someone else to fill in type thing, just my thoughts

A (ahem) "rock star" (I use that term with this guy loosely) complaining about health insurance. WTF. Wierd.

u need some help.

Seriously- lets flip Ron with Slash. Then let's see the reaction on here.

The fuck are you talking about?

So what if it was Slash who had a fucked up back and complained about his insurance screwing him over? How would the reaction be any different at all?

Edited by Flayer

@bumblefoot

So this tour'll either be 1) liveable, or 2) toxic over-medicating & freak outs & suicide watches & black outs. Rock n roll, let's do this.

if the guy needs help that's fine and i wish him all the best, but he does seem to enjoy creating some attention for himself with these suicidal-type twitter posts.

A (ahem) "rock star" (I use that term with this guy loosely) complaining about health insurance. WTF. Wierd.

u need some help.

So what if it was Slash who had a fucked up back and complained about his insurance screwing him over? How would the reaction be any different at all?

Nice reaction "what the fuck..." anyways I digress. Point being if it was Slash commenting about insurance ($$) not paying for something people would be all about the "$lash" comments. When it's Axl (other site charging $$$) or Thal (complaining about ins $$$$) it's no prob at all.

Wait a minute. I thought it was the Axl fans that thought that everyone was out to get Axl, not the Slash fans thinking that everyone is out to get Slash.

You're mixing up your role here.

u need some help.

Nice reaction "what the fuck..." anyways I digress. Point being if it was Slash commenting about insurance ($$) not paying for something people would be all about the "$lash" comments. When it's Axl (other site charging $$$) or Thal (complaining about ins $$$$) it's no prob at all.

Wait a minute. I thought it was the Axl fans that thought that everyone was out to get Axl, not the Slash fans thinking that everyone is out to get Slash.

Where do the fans fall in that will wait until Axl let's us know his opinion on insurance, before they make up their minds?

u need some help.

Where do the fans fall in that will wait until Axl let's us know his opinion on insurance, before they make up their minds?

I don't know. You find me one of those fans and I'll ask them.

I won't say too much here but I will say this, his treatment DID help him, he need's more treatments to further help the pain. He has only had one treatment of this kind so far, it is not a one treatment kinda thing.

Like I said, no Insurance company notifies the person "the day of" and denies all their benefits. People are given a minimum of 7 days notice. This is a fact. If he doesn't know why his benefits were cut off, or doesn't agree with the decuision, maybe he should contact the representative handling his claim and discuss it. Posting it on Facebook won't reinstate those benefits.

If insurance companies are always right then tell me why my mother-in-law just won a suit out of court for their mistakes and why my boses mother is doing the same thing.

How can I possibly tell you why if I don't know the facts? If it went before a jury, they almost always award for the plaintiff. Very few cases go that far. If it was settled prior to litigation, the Insurance carrier most likely felt that it was more cost effective, in an effort to keep premiums at a reasonable rate for the rest of their policyholders, but that doesn't assume they did something wrong.

You do realize the more lawsuits filed, the more it effects every other policyholder who winds up having to cover those costs.

Insurance companies are run by humans, errors happen all the time, I also find they are fast to take your money but make it very hard to get for those in need of it.

You certainly have the option of not buying insurance. Of course if you get into an accident and are hurt, or held liable for someone else's injuries - good luck to you. I've paid thousands of dollars in insurance premiums over the years, and thankfully have never had to use it. Insurance companies are required to pay what's fair and reasonable. Unfortunatley in a society of entitelment, everyone feels their piece of shit car is worth more than it is, they weren't at fault whatsoever for the accident, they should keep treating even if they aren't getting better and in fact could be causing more damage.

He was in a car accedent with insurance, he aint asking for something that he is not entitled to m8.

They haven't been paying for months of treatment and medication?

Anyway even if they messed up and they are now willing to do it for him there is no more time, the tour is to begin soon and with a 2 week resting fter treatment he cannot do it and do Guns tour.

So basically, blaming the Insurance company is really not the problem here, unless you think they should also be held responsible for the tour schedule.

Like I said, no Insurance company notifies the person "the day of" and denies all their benefits. People are given a minimum of 7 days notice. This is a fact. If he doesn't know why his benefits were cut off, or doesn't agree with the decuision, maybe he should contact the representative handling his claim and discuss it. Posting it on Facebook won't reinstate those benefits.

How can I possibly tell you why if I don't know the facts? If it went before a jury, they almost always award for the plaintiff. Very few cases go that far. If it was settled prior to litigation, the Insurance carrier most likely felt that it was more cost effective, in an effort to keep premiums at a reasonable rate for the rest of their policyholders, but that doesn't assume they did something wrong.

You do realize the more lawsuits filed, the more it effects every other policyholder who winds up having to cover those costs.

You certainly have the option of not buying insurance. Of course if you get into an accident and are hurt, or held liable for someone else's injuries - good luck to you. I've paid thousands of dollars in insurance premiums over the years, and thankfully have never had to use it. Insurance companies are required to pay what's fair and reasonable. Unfortunatley in a society of entitelment, everyone feels their piece of shit car is worth more than it is, they weren't at fault whatsoever for the accident, they should keep treating even if they aren't getting better and in fact could be causing more damage.

They haven't been paying for months of treatment and medication?

So basically, blaming the Insurance company is really not the problem here, unless you think they should also be held responsible for the tour schedule.

Wow. Great post.

I just finished a claim with an insurance company and they went out of their way to make sure I was happy.

They even paid for acupuncture sessions when nothing else was working.

I was in a car accident, caused by the other driver. Her insurance was so good and helpful I'm thinking of switching my car insurance over to them.

People always want to blame others when they don't get what they want. I would love to hear the insurance side to why they denied his claim.