I would be ok with the European tour being canceled for BBF's sake

GivenToFly

If BF quit, they'd find a new player. That's how GN'R has always worked. Adler out, Sorum in, Izzy out Gilby in, Buckehead out BF in etc. As for the 'sound' it don't really matter.. as the classic GN'R sound died the moment Slash, Duff quit and Axl got old. That's life, things move on :shrugs:

Edited by vaida

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a temporary replacement? Just until BBF gets proper medical attendance and feels better. Couple of months would be enough for him to recover and at least don't cry on stage? I really feel sorry for him. Fuckin' car accident man!

I'm sure if bumble needed time off, robin would fill in for him. But the problem comes about that bumble isn't getting better, so chances are he probably wouldn't be able to return. It's sad because he's my favorite member, besides axl.

I'd prefer that too, but then again, I'm not going to any of the shows on the tour so it's easier for me to say that. But the guy really just needs to take a year off and get his fucking back sorted, he shouldn't just try to keep soldiering on.

To me Bumble would be hardest of the 3 to replace.

He does basically all the shredding and can also play the old stuff with feeling.

I bet all you people that say they better not cancel and that you would be pissed, If you had a physical injury that your job was just making worse you would most likely say I have to take off to get this fixed.

Things like this are the same for all people doing all different kinds of work, Bumbles job is to play on stage in front of X amount of people. Does that make his injury any different from anyone else, no they are one in the same when comes right down to it.

Pain is pain no matter how you look at it.

I hope all goes well and the tour goes as planned and for Bumble to be healthy enough to go through it without too much trouble, but if he can't that is part of normal everyday life.

Edited by bigcountry

Let Bumble stay at home and recover and go ahead with the tour. Just take a few songs out of the set: ex. Estranged, Shackler's Revenge, and replace them with a few songs that don't require shredding or feature Bumble so much. It will be fine and the fans will understand.

is there actually a reason for this post existing? Has anyone suggested BBF cant play, last I read he was getting ready to endure 3 months of pain, so whats changed?

Or is it just general chat for chats sake?

is there actually a reason for this post existing? Has anyone suggested BBF cant play, last I read he was getting ready to endure 3 months of pain, so whats changed?

Or is it just general chat for chats sake?

Isn't everything on a GNR forum chat for chat's sake?

Cancel a tour because BBF can't be there???

pfff .. I could see if it was Slash or Izzy or someone who mattered. But you could replace BBF with just about any swingin dick and you still wouldn't have gnr, regardless

nice, another retard on mygnr

Yeah,they are multiplying like cockroaches and almost as smart :lol:

I support Bumble to make his own decisions whatever they may be

Correct, It's his call, you guys thrive on Drama.

Edited by sailaway

If Bumblefoot can't do it, I say bring someone else with experience to fill in. Zakk Wylde would be nice but one can bet that the likelihood to that is slim to none.

What about Slash? :wub:rock3

This guy is a virtuoso

Picture-13-288x300.png

Nothing played in GNR is that mind bogglingly crazy that a competent professional musician couldn't handle it.

You sure? Find one, just one Shackler's or Riad performance that has the solo being played the way Ron plays it. Just... one, nothing else. Or maybe Chinese's fretless slides, or Scraped solo... or Chinese solo/outro, I.R.S. solo... whatever. The only person that I've ever seen playing Buckethead's stuff note per note flawlessly was Ron (Richard does some of his solos too, but not the hardest ones) - most covers sound average at best, a few sound great and they rarely play like Bucket, and when they do pratically all of them have a lot of flaws. So yea, I guess that playing like Ron or Bucket can be very, very complicated.