Your university/college experience

GivenToFly

Guest Len B'stard
I did awful in high school, never really tried, and barely graduated. From there I went to community college, went to school full time and worked part time. At first I was alright with it, but after a while the stress got to me and I gave up much like I did in high school. I'm sure this'll sound immature but I absolutely hate sitting in a classroom, I hate force motivating myself outside of a classroom to work on homework, I just can't do it. I'm incapable. I gave up on college all together this past semester after 4 years of attending part time. Waste of my fucking time and money. I envy those who know exactly what they want to do with their future and can comfortably live taking classes full time, doing everything they're suppose to do. I could never do that.

Thats pretty much a word perfect assessment of my situation too, i just literally can't pay attention in that situation, even if i try REALLY hard to concentrate like this there and go alright, no fuckin' about now get on and do this all that happens is i end up listening to myself drilling myself to concentrate and before you know it you've lost the thread of what the teachers fuckin saying :lol: But yeah, i can totally relate to every word of that.

Got onto a Creative Writing course while my brain was going all sorts of bonkers in my head due to medications and whatnot. Spent every day drunk and did not even go to any introductory lectures of anything. Spent a year in the flat (it was a nice flat and I had already paid for it - although I was in a flat with four girls, all of whom were the kind of odd mad religious types who end up being the most intolerable kind of humans known to man) and had the good sense to quit after a year. Probably the best decision I have made to leave when I did. I would have ended up far more in debt than I was (debt I have already got rid of after 18 months) with a pretty useless degree and spent three years in a place I was not overly fond of.

Starting college this fall. I'm pretty excited. My major is undecided right now and will be for my freshman year but I'd love to have a career in something artistic like music or film. Who knows what I'll end up doing though. I'd really like to produce. So I might end up majoring in management or something like that.

• 2 years later...

College has ruined my life.

My life has been miserable since high school. Pure fucking shit. I've become a mold of what is acceptable to my parents and I haven't been following my own dreams and desires.

I'm happy I'm not in debt. Quite frankly I wouldn't suggest college to anyone. It's a fucking grind house to get some job you're probably going to hate anyway. So fuck it.

I'm actually ashamed of my degree. I'm hoping that lower hierarchal jobs will accept me as a candidate and not spout some 'over qualified' bullshit. I think I will omit my college years from my resume.

• Like 1

I went to community college, majored in Japanese, minored in everything else.

I partied, really, I was the one who used to go to college everyday with a bottle of Jack Daniels, to myself, and one day when I befriended the stoners, I played The Godfather Theme, smoked a Marlboro red and had my Jack Daniels, just because I was me and next thing I know I got called Slash and the name stuck.

College was really about getting drunk and trying to get into girls panties, guitar was work, I was working on getting myself in shows in town, that worked.

Even though I tried pot, it really was all about the alcohol and the girls, and also the pot.

• Like 2

My life has been miserable since high school. Pure fucking shit. I've become a mold of what is acceptable to my parents and I haven't been following my own dreams and desires.

I'm happy I'm not in debt. Quite frankly I wouldn't suggest college to anyone. It's a fucking grind house to get some job you're probably going to hate anyway. So fuck it.

I'm actually ashamed of my degree. I'm hoping that lower hierarchal jobs will accept me as a candidate and not spout some 'over qualified' bullshit. I think I will omit my college years from my resume.

Oh do shut up you whining little fucking girl!!!! <_<
  • Like 2

Why has it ruined your life ? You're only 22 or so, aren't you ? And what are your desires and dreams ? You can still do anything you want, it's not as if college determines your whole life.

:facepalm:

Uni was great. Studying, playing video games, drinking, partying, hooking up with girls, getting girlfriends, getting new friends, new hobbies, and after 8 years graduating. It was a very care-free period of my life that I will always look back at with fond memories.

8 years? Lucky bastard. :lol:

Meanwhile in Gaza

israel-gaza-shoes_2402255b1.jpeg

• Like 1

At least little girls in Gaza can look forward to freedom. What does Nate have?

Nothing. Everything is awful.

I bet those girls don't have annoying parents either.

They'd probably hate going to college too.

Their biggest fear: becoming overqualified for lower hierarchal jobs.

• Like 1

I did awful in high school, never really tried, and barely graduated. From there I went to community college, went to school full time and worked part time. At first I was alright with it, but after a while the stress got to me and I gave up much like I did in high school. I'm sure this'll sound immature but I absolutely hate sitting in a classroom, I hate force motivating myself outside of a classroom to work on homework, I just can't do it. I'm incapable. I gave up on college all together this past semester after 4 years of attending part time. Waste of my fucking time and money. I envy those who know exactly what they want to do with their future and can comfortably live taking classes full time, doing everything they're suppose to do. I could never do that.

Thats pretty much a word perfect assessment of my situation too, i just literally can't pay attention in that situation, even if i try REALLY hard to concentrate like this there and go alright, no fuckin' about now get on and do this all that happens is i end up listening to myself drilling myself to concentrate and before you know it you've lost the thread of what the teachers fuckin saying http://www.mygnrforum.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/laugh.gif But yeah, i can totally relate to every word of that.
To be honest I think classes just give you an idea or starting point then people go off and read or whatever. Basically if it was a history of rock n roll or whatever wed enjoy it but if its biology it's hard to concentrate. Also people with good memories do well, in a way that isn't thinking.

I went to art school where you have to come up with stuff to do yourself. One hand it's easier or would appear so but you have to be self propelled otherwise come judgement day you will be embarrassed.