Your university/college experience

GivenToFly

I'd actually be interested in doing some business training as Snakes is; just would like my confidence boosting when dealing with the financial side of it all.

In February I'm gong to start my Level 3 in Training and Education. It's a pre-cursor to Level 4 or the PGCE, which will qualify me for teaching . I don't know if I actually want to progress further than Level 3. I'm doing it because I've wanted to continue studying for a while, it will look great on my CV, and it might be a path I can take in the future. In the short-term, it will give me skills in presenting complex ideas to people, something that my career requires but I can get quite nervous about doing. My aim for this course is to get 100%. I was always a very average student, never got an A in anything, but now I have the time and am financially secure, I can focus on studying. I'm telling you this so I stick to it!

I also want to do a similar course in Photography, but wanted to try something completely different to what I do now. Photography might start in September, if I can get the money together.

I know I am a massive hypocrite, but I am going back to trade school. Tuition is $1,600 annually and I will be getting on-the-job-training with pay.

My point being that I will have to invest very little for something I can use for the rest of my life. I believe most degrees in college, with the exception of very few, provide absolutely nothing for graduates.

A lot of my graduating class haven't done much post university.

Good for you, Arnold. Find something that you like and something that will always provide you a career and have at it.
Arnold. Find something that you like and something that will always provide you a career and have at it.

Arnold. Find something that you like and something that will always provide you a career

Arnold. Find something that you like

:lol:

I have more ambition at this point in my life than I have since high school. I want to go to trade school, earn enough to start a practice, and invest in hospitality years from now. I want to be a business owner, specifically a stake in a hotel chain.

I know I am a massive hypocrite, but I am going back to trade school. Tuition is $1,600 annually and I will be getting on-the-job-training with pay.

My point being that I will have to invest very little for something I can use for the rest of my life. I believe most degrees in college, with the exception of very few, provide absolutely nothing for graduates.

A lot of my graduating class haven't done much post university.

Good for you, Arnold. Find something that you like and something that will always provide you a career and have at it.
Arnold. Find something that you like and something that will always provide you a career and have at it.

Arnold. Find something that you like and something that will always provide you a career

Arnold. Find something that you like

:lol:

I have more ambition at this point in my life than I have since high school. I want to go to trade school, earn enough to start a practice, and invest in hospitality years from now. I want to be a business owner, specifically a stake in a hotel chain.

Fair play to you if that's what you really want to do :).