MCA died

theman

Adam was great for so many reasons other than the Beastie Boys as well. The fucking Dalai Lama even gave his respects to the dude.

RIP Adam...but the Beasties are nothing but a singles band. 2 or 3 great tracks on each album and the rest in shit.

My RIP to Adam is real, as I'm always sad about death, but this idea that the Beasties where great is wrong....

Man, have you heard their newest one? Hot Sauce Committee Part 2? I only remember there being one single, Make Some Noise, but the rest of the album is just as good and half of it is even better:

Too Many Rappers

OK

Long Burn The Fire

Say It

All better than the single.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

RIP Adam...but the Beasties are nothing but a singles band. 2 or 3 great tracks on each album and the rest in shit.

My RIP to Adam is real, as I'm always sad about death, but this idea that the Beasties where great is wrong....

they were the complete opposite of a singles band, unless all you wanted were singles. 'paul's boutique' is one of the most eclectic, experimental hip-hop records ever released.

Adam was great for so many reasons other than the Beastie Boys as well. The fucking Dalai Lama even gave his respects to the dude.

Man, have you heard their newest one? Hot Sauce Committee Part 2? I only remember there being one single, Make Some Noise, but the rest of the album is just as good and half of it is even better:

Too Many Rappers

OK

Long Burn The Fire

Say It

All better than the single.

I listened to HSC for the first time only after MCA died, just because Too Many Rappers has such a cool fucking beat to it. It's awesome.

This is very sad. I've always loved the Beastie Boys since I bought License To Ill on cassette. No Sleep Till Brooklyn brings back a lot of good memories...

RIP

Yes...and yes. Loved the Beasties.

Very sad, that's way too young. :(

Edited by Turn_It_Up