Who is your favorite member of NWA?

ITW 2012

Who is your favorite member of NWA?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why the fuck was my post edited? lol

Because I said Eazy was gay?

I didn't say anything bad about him, just mentioned he was gay, wtf?

I like Ice Cube. Eazy E was gay.

What the actual fuck, mods? lol :rofl-lol:

I edited, because in the context of the post it looked like you were using the term as an insult. His sexual orientation has no relevance on your favorite member of the group :shrugs:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So gay is an insult to you?

Way to go setting an example of tolerance as a mod.

I said in the context of the post. You said a member of the group was gay, then posted another was your favorite. That sure as hell looks like you're using the word as an insult to me.

Mc ren. As far as contributions to nwa. Some of his verses were so raw, and he had a crazy flow. Kiss my black azz is a sick cd too.

I generally have to bust out to all of Ren's verses when I'm listening to NWA. Most Valuable Player, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I might have to re-evaluate. Ren sounds so raw.

Eazy-E was gay, that is known. Dre talked about it lots of times.

I don't know how my context was wrong. I put two empty lines between one subject or another. I mentioned he was gay, for people who didn't know, then put a period, two lines down, stated who my fav member was. What is this preoccupation with looking for people who try to insult gay people. Gay is not an insult, chillax, dude. Seems to me like you need to sort some things out with yourself.

Anyway, you're the boss. So be it.

I don't know how my context was wrong. I put two empty lines between one subject or another. I mentioned he was gay, for people who didn't know, then put a period, two lines down, stated who my fav member was. What is this preoccupation with looking for people who try to insult gay people. Gay is not an insult, chillax, dude. Seems to me like you need to sort some things out with yourself.

You're gonna get banned. :rofl-lol:

Watch yourself.

Watch yourself.

What forum rule did I break? :shrugs:

He's not gay, where the hell do you even get that besides that he got AIDS which is known as a disease gay people get?

Watch yourself.

What forum rule did I break? :shrugs:

Eazy E wasn't gay. It's pretty obvious that you are only saying he's gay because he died of aids.

Edited by ITW 2012

He was gangsta, sure, but he and jerry heller were the poison that killed nwa. Not to mention he never did more than contribute to a verse. All of his shit was written for him, and if he did contribute, his name was 3rd or 4th in order of importance. So he had the look and the swagger, but couldn't really write a verse to save his life.

That being said, the rest of the nwa guys, mainly ice cube wrote a killer album with eazy duz it.

b.g. knockout and dresta penned an incredible ep with 187um killer.

These albums worked. He was gangsta. But he never created his own music, and ultimately he killed the greatest rap group to come out of the west coast.

Id like to see some more love for ren. Where the hip hop heads at?

Guest Len B'stard
Whatever, barely any of that has to do with the music. Elvis didn't write either, but he sang. Eazy rapped. He was different from the others in the group. His style was unique and I would rather listen to him than any of the others. "Real hip hop heads," fuck outta here.

He has a point y'know. Hip Hop ain't just a type of music it's a culture and in that culture how real or fake you are means a lot to how the music is percieved or recieved. Just the ability to rap and rap VERY well ain't enough. Don't believe me, just ask Canibus.

Guest Len B'stard
Whatever, barely any of that has to do with the music. Elvis didn't write either, but he sang. Eazy rapped. He was different from the others in the group. His style was unique and I would rather listen to him than any of the others. "Real hip hop heads," fuck outta here.

He has a point y'know. Hip Hop ain't just a type of music it's a culture and in that culture how real or fake you are means a lot to how the music is percieved or recieved. Just the ability to rap and rap VERY well ain't enough. Don't believe me, just ask Canibus.

The topic is a subjective question. You can't say that real hip hop fans and voters for Eazy are mutually exclusive groups. So, no, there really isn't a point. Just another case of someone privileging their own point of view because they hold it.

I took that comment to be pertaining to the fact that everyones mentioned Cube and Eazy and to a point Dre and not MC Ren, i took the comment to be pointing out a lack of anything but a superficial knowledge of NWA. Then again they could just think he's shit i suppose :lol:

The topic is a subjective question. You can't say that real hip hop fans and voters for Eazy are mutually exclusive groups. So, no, there really isn't a point. Just another case of someone privileging their own point of view because they hold it.

I took that comment to be pertaining to the fact that everyones mentioned Cube and Eazy and to a point Dre and not MC Ren, i took the comment to be pointing out a lack of anything but a superficial knowledge of NWA. Then again they could just think he's shit i suppose :lol:

Thank you. I love eazy e. He got bitches galore, you might have a gang of bitches, but he got much more. I just think ren is the superior Mca, and don't think he gets the credit he deserves, outside ppl who are really into hip hop. Against all odds, take it easy. Ur obv a pac fan with that sn. I love em all, +just don't think ren gets the credit he deserves.

Guest Len B'stard

It would be an overstatement that Cube WAS NWA, i hate when people say that kinda stuff, y'know, such and such IS GnR or The Beatles or a football team or whatever. But it's worth noticing that post Cube, NWA didn't really do shit. Efil4Zaggin sold for a number of reasons, the NWA name, the novelty and controversy and hype of the sophomore album of the first gangsta rap group to make it real big and it's one of those albums that SOOO many people listened to that you get the feeling that it will always be loved, if only for reminding people of a time but as an album unto itself, it ain't really all that i don't. I mean it's good but it ain't a patch on SOC. I don't think it is anyway. Sounds kinda thin and cluttered production-wise, it's kinda more going for straight out shock tactics instead and it ain't really got decent rhyming on it. And this is all post Cube.

And quite frankly, NWA got fuckin dealt with by No Vaseline, nothing they said on that albums worth of jibes that measured up to how he just fuckin roasted em on that track. He levelled on them insults that are pretty much as bad as insults got, calling them house-n*****s, for being managed by a jew, Eazy for being a snake, Dre for being nothing but a producer, MC Ren for being a pussy and a fake and Yella just for being Yella :lol: But he absolutely took em apart with barbs that were like, grounded in reality and...yeah, quite frankly it's one of the best diss songs i've ever heard, you just don't come back from something like that.

Cuz you can't be the N i GGa 4 Life crew

With a white jew tellin' ya what to do

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohh! :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Efilzaggin is the greatest rap album of all time to us white kids who grew up in suburbia.

How many rap albums are you familiar with? I can list twenty off no problem. If I had to pick the best hip hop album of all time, id have to say ready to die. Hands down. But there are dozens of albums better than black personz4life. All their debut solo albums are better than black personz4life imo.