Guns trivia

rumandraisin

I know, but that still doesnt tell anything about Paul's skills.

And I know you didnt say that, but I saw in another place people stating that Tobias recorded over Slash's lead, and thats not true at all. Even though Tobias had some leads with that mirror thing, as far as I know Slash solos or even rhythm were not modified or erased at all.

Obviously we don't have much to go on, unless we can ever get our hands on some of those 1997-2002 demos. Certainly the fact that Paul left the band, and most of his parts were re-recorded, lends credence to the idea that he didn't provide any earth-shattering guitar parts. I still haven't seen or heard a single thing that would lead me to believe he was a capable guitarist for Guns n' Roses.

We have Axl's quote about Paul, but that was more about him helping and encouraging Axl to keep the band going during those dark days. Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his skills as a musician.

What Paul contributed? Rose, Freese, Pitman, Finck, McKagan, Sorum, & Stinson have that story.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash drew the original gnr logo.

Nothing better than the original Gn'R logo.

Axl rose had a contest to give away his house in the early 90s.

Axl's manager gave him samples of albums produced by famous producers in 1999 to help him get excited and pick a producer for the new album, axl rose didn't listen to the samples and instead ran them over with a car.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Would you believe I found the name of the person who won this contest - it was a young girl around early 20s who wasn't sure what she was going to do with it. No details on the party etc.

Axl rose had a contest to give away his house in the early 90s.

Would you believe I found the name of the person who won this contest - it was a young girl around early 20s who wasn't sure what she was going to do with it. No details on the party etc.

Um, No. Well, not without a cite anyway! Who is she?...

Paul has writing credits on TWAT, Catcher, Prostitute, IRS, and Oh My God. Clearly, he had something going for him in the writing deparment. Playing-wise, from what little has been seen of him live he seems competent but not really notable in any way.