Checkmate - the song

vicious

The mid section in Better is heavy than most of the album. Also, Scraped's pace and lyrics are far from slow.

you really think those songs are "rockers?" LOL

No, I dont think, I am pretty sure. But I see you dont even know what you're talking about, so nevermind.

Yes, I agree with Voodoo. Also... Scraped and Prostitute never had a few seconds leaked. In fact Scraped leaked a few days before the album came out.

IRS is a rocker too. Prostitute's faster moments are also from a Hard Rock song, no doubt. Axl's screaming vocals and the guitar attack are heavy, hard rock. TWAT has some rock-ish moments - would you call the choruses and the outro ballad? I dont think so. Just like SOD outro. Fact is - most (All?) GnR ballads have its rocker moments.

This guy would claim that Bumblefoot's Invisible isnt a rocker because of the bluesy ending :P

I think it will be pretty awesome if it's like that the whole song I agree with nonlinear that I will be disappointed if it turns out like prostitute which is not a bad song just a little slow. Also I think the 37 seconds of this song it will sound weird if they go to a slow song but how am I supposed to know.

We don't have 37 seconds, we have about 12. That clip is looped 3 times.

And I'd hesitate at making any big calls from it of "best new song" or "hardest rocking" one. The new songwriting is all pretty diverse throughout. You could listen to twelve seconds of just about anywhere in TWAT and not realize its the best song on the album. You could listen to the twelve seconds right after the IRS scream finishes and conclude that IRS is a heavy rocker.

Edited by Flayer

I think it will be pretty awesome if it's like that the whole song I agree with nonlinear that I will be disappointed if it turns out like prostitute which is not a bad song just a little slow. Also I think the 37 seconds of this song it will sound weird if they go to a slow song but how am I supposed to know.

Yeah it bugs me when people upload the clip on youtube and decide they need to loop it for some reason

Oh didn't notice it.

thanks for the info guys. i doubt he could turn this into a "piano" song. sounds like a kick ass rock n roll song. really really want to hear it. and the guitar solo to go with it!

This thread would have been relevant maybe 4 years ago.

It's a real GN'R song with the working title "Jackie Chan" according to Dexter.

how is it no longer relevant? its a new GnR song and this is the GnR news and discussion section. we are discussing this song.

i don't come to this section much any more so news like that passes me by. its hard to find factual information when this section is FULL of bullshit fighting and stupid threads like "bump until axl releases new music" <-- really??

and the open questions to axl section is full of crap also

rather than sift through years of bullshit posts i thought i'd ask what the situation was with this song and then start a discussion for it

yes it was a 16 second clip. and actually, I think it leaked twice. it was the same clip but in one case it ended a little bit later and you could hear axl start singing the next line "all in good faith" or whatever it is. I have this longer version on my NAS, but it's not on and i'm too lazy to get up and start it right now.