Chinese Democracy song times

rumandraisin

I think it'd be pretty cool if we get a thread going of exact song points where different solo#s start and other stuff to work out exactly who does what.

On the song Chinese Democracy we have:

3:01 - Robin solo over the chorus?

3:15 - Robins Solo

3:29 - Bucketheads solo

Better:

1:15 - 1:32 - Franks drumming (the rest is Brain)

2:23 - Buckethead Solo

3:46 - Robin Solo

Street of Dreams:

1:11 - Buckethead acoustic stuff

2:14 - Dizzy/Chris backing vocals

2:23 - 3:07 - Robin Solo

3:59 - outro - Buckethead Solo

If The World:

0:26 - Drums start, but who does what drumming? Frank and Brain are both credited.

There Was A Time:

this one will be the most interested, anyone got any ideas of exactly when each guitarists stuff starts?

i know Axl wrote Robins bits in the first verse.

i';; do some more tomorrow, but this could be a really interesting thread :)

That was Bumblefoot doing the solo over the chorus in Chinese Democracy then it goes to Robin and then Buckethead

In TWAT Robin did the first two solos, first the long one than the short one and Bucketheads starts around 4:15 or something.

Street of Dreams is so complex but I don't know about the acoustics but I know Ron did rythmn tracks in the right channel. Robin did that whole solo, Buckethead did the outro.

That was Bumblefoot doing the solo over the chorus in Chinese Democracy then it goes to Robin and then Buckethead

In TWAT Robin did the first two solos, first the long one than the short one and Bucketheads starts around 4:15 or something.

Street of Dreams is so complex but I don't know about the acoustics but I know Ron did rythmn tracks in the right channel. Robin did that whole solo, Buckethead did the outro.

It cant be Bumblefoot as its in the demo, which is pre-Bumble.

There Was A Time:

2.45 - 3.27 - Robin solo

3.49 - 4.29 - second Robin solo?

4:31 - outro - Buckethead solo

Axl does the acoustic underneath the Robin solo

Really?

He's credited for the acoustic guitar in TWAT so I assume so.

Let's see... "Chinese Democracy"; rhythm tracks, and all the fretless stuff in the verses I came up with... "Shackler's Revenge"; riffs during the verses, rhythms, and all kinds of bends and tapping melodies at the end of the last chorus, and the guitar solos. Live I sing the chorus and play the tapping solo at the same time... "Better"; rhythm tracks, and a little slide in this one empty spot, on the fretless. In the second verse, I added some kind of bluesy riffs under the vocals... "Street of Dreams"; rhythm stuff and riffs... "If the World"; little solo riffs during the verses, and the chorus and rhythm tracks, and a couple of little solo things going into the choruses and under the choruses... "There Was A Time"; rhythms in the choruses with a riffy little lift towards the end of each, rhythms throughout... "Catcher in the Rye"; I came up with little parts for the guitars and melodies throughout the verses, rhythm tracks, the solo, the end solos, going back and forth with Axl's vocals... "Scraped"; rhythm tracks, solo on the fretless guitar... "Riad N' the Bedouins"; the main solo in the middle of the song, and rhythm tracks throughout... "Sorry"; rhythm tracks, and at the end of each chorus there's a solo guitar going on, that's my soloing there... "I. R. S."; just rhythm, and sleazy stuff throughout, riffy stuff throughout the song... "Madagascar"; rhythms in the choruses, and just slight riffy shit to the rhythms every once in awhile, breaking out in the choruses... "This I Love"; just rhythms underneath it all... "Prostitute"; just rhythms throughout... Yeah. That I believe is everything. I think (laughs).

By Bumblefoot

It cant be Bumblefoot as its in the demo, which is pre-Bumble.

Ron did rhythm guitar in SOD too. The demo had different rhythm guitars by Richard and Robin (and some from Paul Tobias, like the break before the ending section, and the accoustic by Bucket).

There Was A Time:

2.45 - 3.27 - Robin solo

3.49 - 4.29 - second Robin solo?

4:31 - outro - Buckethead solo

Axl does the acoustic underneath the Robin solo

Really?

He's credited for the acoustic guitar in TWAT so I assume so.

Actually he's credited for guitar, not accoustic. I think he said it was some very subtle recordings following his voice at the ending.

Some great stuff here guys! I think Bumble improved the album in places, but was he really needed on the title track, the rhythm parts of Better and other songs? The rhythm guitars just sound so cluttered in some songs, with 5 people doing the same riff

5 people doing the same riff

At no point did this actually happen.

what about in the first verse of the song and the choruses, it sounds like everyones doing the same riff, how else would you account for bumble, axl, paul, bucket, robin and richard all being credited

Edited by rumandraisin

Some great stuff here guys! I think Bumble improved the album in places, but was he really needed on the title track, the rhythm parts of Better and other songs? The rhythm guitars just sound so cluttered in some songs, with 5 people doing the same riff

Ron is only playing the fretless stuff on it, it has a very different feel. Bucket plays the very subtle killswitch rhythm in the verses and, of course, all those awesome leads througout the song. Robin plays the distorted intro and rhythm and also a mudded note in the 2nd part of each verse, complementing Paul's riffs. I believe Richard plays the other distorted rhythm guitar in the chorus with power chords along with Robin.

What really intrigues me is If The World. I would like to know who plays the wah, who plays the funky rhythm and who plays the distorted riff. Most likely, I think the funky is Robin and the rest is all Bucket. The leads before the solo may be also Bucket, but Im not so sure. Of course, Bumble is playing those leads througout the 2nd part of the song. Oh, and Brain is only playing the chorus, while Frank plays the verses.

"If the World"; little solo riffs during the verses, and the chorus and rhythm tracks, and a couple of little solo things going into the choruses and under the choruses... "

Bumble did more than that but I did not notice. Gonna listen to the demo and then the final version...

(Im responding to Voodoo...)

Edited by Bruno Poeys

"If the World"; little solo riffs during the verses, and the chorus and rhythm tracks, and a couple of little solo things going into the choruses and under the choruses... "

Bumble did more than that but I did not notice. Gonna listen to the demo and then the final version...

There's demo to If The World?

I think Bumblefoot added more guitar tracks because he felt the other tracks were too tight for a GN'R record.

Edited by BirdCatcher

There's demo to If The World?

Yep, with some awesome drums from Brain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7I3MHY8Jk4