I miss the way Bumble played the Nightrain solo

merces

I miss the way Bumble played the Nightrain solo, In 2006 Bumble killed it when he wasn't playing the fretless.

I don't mind it on the new songs since that's how some songs are recorded but the way Bumble used to shred on his Les Paul gives me goosebumps, I miss that energy, see this performance :

Hope he feels better soon, and rips this solo like he used to !

I miss the way Bumble played the Nightrain solo, In 2006 Bumble killed it when he wasn't playing the fretless.

I don't mind it on the new songs since that's how some songs are recorded but the way Bumble used to shred on his Les Paul gives me goosebumps, I miss that energy, see this performance :

Such an epic performance!!! I love it!!!! rock3

I miss the way Slash played the Nightrain solo.

Argentina 1993, best Nightrain ever.

Fuck that one's great! Never seen it before. And whats with Gilby starting the solo? Never seen him do that before. Gilby and Slash had a great chemistry on stage. I think he was pretty much worthless in terms of song righting, whereas Izzy was the foundation for a lot of songs. For a live show, I really couldn't care less if it was Gilby or Izzy on stage. Both of them fucking rock.

Fuck that one's great! Never seen it before. And whats with Gilby starting the solo? Never seen him do that before. Gilby and Slash had a great chemistry on stage. I think he was pretty much worthless in terms of song righting, whereas Izzy was the foundation for a lot of songs. For a live show, I really couldn't care less if it was Gilby or Izzy on stage. Both of them fucking rock.

Thats the way its always been played - look at any video with Izzy (or any second guitarist Slash has played with for that matter). Also Fortus plays that part these days. And I'm sure if you looked at something like Rio 2001 it would be Huge for that part followed by Bucket

AWESOME!

He's playing the main solo on a fretted guitar nowadays. If you pay attention he's playing the main bit of the solo and when Axl start singing again he switches to the fretless - on the last few shows of the UCAP tour he even played the whole main solo on the fretted neck and the outro on the fretless. The only difference now is the wah...

AWESOME!

You gotta be kidding. That was sloppy as shit.

AWESOME!

I love that Argentina version

That video of BBF shredding was cool too, I like his version nowadays a bit better though, IMO it fits the song more

Wow... Ive never listened to anything between 1993 and 2011, but his voice there fuckin rocks ballz

AWESOME!

Completely agree. I could probably find a better Slash performance by typing Nightrain live in the YouTube search box and picking the first video I see.

It wasn't even one of Axl's best performances. This shouldn't be used as a showcase for anything other than showing that the band had off nights.

It was interesting to see Duff in full on bloat mode though.

AWESOME!

Uhm, better than finger-tapping bullshit in a rock-and-roll late-80s song. :thumbsup:

AWESOME!

Uhm, better than finger-tapping bullshit in a rock-and-roll late-80s song. :thumbsup:

:no:

AWESOME!

Completely agree. I could probably find a better Slash performance by typing Nightrain live in the YouTube search box and picking the first video I see.

It wasn't even one of Axl's best performances. This shouldn't be used as a showcase for anything other than showing that the band had off nights.

It was interesting to see Duff in full on bloat mode though.

I don't really get this point of view. I'm not really impressed by technically great performances. I'd rather see these guys having a good time and improvising on their own songs. Unless a band is promoting a new album, it seems kind of silly for them to play the song EXACTLY the same way it was played on the album. Just my opinion though.

As for Duff, it's great to see that he is in terrific shape, and healthy these days. However, bloated tranny Duff fuckin rocks!!! :D

I don't really get this point of view. I'm not really impressed by technically great performances. I'd rather see these guys having a good time and improvising on their own songs. Unless a band is promoting a new album, it seems kind of silly for them to play the song EXACTLY the same way it was played on the album. Just my opinion though.

As for Duff, it's great to see that he is in terrific shape, and healthy these days. However, bloated tranny Duff fuckin rocks!!! :D

I have an honest question for you. How exactly did you pull that out of my post, when all that I was saying was that there were way better performances by the old band? There were. It has nothing to do with sounding like the album.

I have an honest question for you. How exactly did you pull that out of my post, when all that I was saying was that there were way better performances by the old band? There were. It has nothing to do with sounding like the album.

It had more to do with the post you were quoting by TiedHands. He said they were sloppy as shit. The opposite of sloppy as shit would be sounding just like the album. I suppose you could still improvise on the songs and not be sloppy, but whatever...

I agree with you though, there are way better performances by the old band.

It had more to do with the post you were quoting by TiedHands. He said they were sloppy as shit. The opposite of sloppy as shit would be sounding just like the album. I suppose you could still improvise on the songs and not be sloppy, but whatever...

I agree with you though, there are way better performances by the old band.

I see your point. Thanks for the explanation.