Leaks -Decision from the mod team

Montrealer

Hey all, I just deleted the thread where a possible leaks was posted. At this point, it's not confirmed as legit. This was not a request by GN'R or anyone from GN'R camp.

We had problems in the past when leaks were posted on this board and we don't want to have that kind of problem again.

Anyone posting a link to a leaks, real of fake will be automatically suspended for 7 days.

Thank you for your cooperation

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of problems? Can you please elaborate?

I find it interesting that we are prevented from listening to or discussing 'leaked material' in an open forum. This is essentially censorship and this material is something most people here are clearly very interested in.

edit: also automatic suspension of accounts for posting leaks is appalling. Very disappointed in this forum.

Edited by 60NER

Can we at least discuss it? I mean there is no harm in talking about it, there is nothing else really going on right now. I was liking the extra life it breathed into the forum...

i know right something that finally gave us something to talk about and something new to keep updated on, kinda sucks

The "leak" is out there and not too hard to find if you want to hear it so don't see what the big deal is with the mods taking it down

Would you rather see the board go down again?

There you go! I have a newborn so I can't be online much lately. Didn't had time to discuss with Eric about this until now.

Listen, you guys can think what you want to but we all remember that legal letter to Eric while he was on vacations.

If you want to deal with that kind of thing, open your own forum.

Can we at least discuss it? I mean there is no harm in talking about it, there is nothing else really going on right now. I was liking the extra life it breathed into the forum...

This

I make a thread for my found about this leak, not contains links for the song, i hope mods aren't deleted this either.

Edited by Motivation

The "leak" is out there and not too hard to find if you want to hear it so don't see what the big deal is with the mods taking it down

Not that post counts are a big deal but deleted huge threads like that instead of locking them are bothersome to many. I personally don't put any stock into post counts but many people do. I've been a GN'R fan since 1987 and I help run another board where I've got a huge post count, yet here people tend to reply to me as if they're talking down to me because post counts mean a lot to them. So hanging out on a board where post counts seem to matter to the user base becomes less appealing when 50+ page threads with several of your posts are deleted instead of locked.

I disagree with your decision. A lock would be better... or delete the links.

Sorry, I don't have the time to read 52 pages and delete and the links and then lock it! O_o

I'm happy for you if you do tho!

Of course you can. Just don't post to leaks, fakes or real ones.

Folks, this is being done to keep traffic down so the board doesn't go offline again.

Leaks spur traffic, and on this board increased traffic leads to downtime when you have a board owner who can't afford it but won't sell it to someone who can.

Like everything else having to do with GNR it is ass backwards. I guess it is fitting the message forum shouldn't be any different.

Folks, this is being done to keep traffic down so the board doesn't go offline again.

Leaks spur traffic, and on this board increased traffic leads to downtime when you have a board owner who can't afford it but won't sell it to someone who can.

Like everything else having to do with GNR it is ass backwards. I guess it is fitting the message forum shouldn't be any different.

never thought of this

Not that post counts are a big deal but deleted huge threads like that instead of locking them are bothersome to many. I personally don't put any stock into post counts but many people do. I've been a GN'R fan since 1987 and I help run another board where I've got a huge post count, yet here people tend to reply to me as if they're talking down to me because post counts mean a lot to them. So hanging out on a board where post counts seem to matter to the user base becomes less appealing when 50+ page threads with several of your posts are deleted instead of locked.

No I hear you as I have been a member of many a fourm and I know some people equate post counts with credibility but really if people look at it logically if they want the board to survive they have to accept the fact that real leaks could kill the forum. I have seen forums killed for less.

This

I make a thread for my found about this leak, not contains links for the song, i hope mods aren't deleted this either.

problem is if a person wants to be a cupcake slaps a link to the clip and keeps doing it, the thread gets deleted.

If I'm not mistaken, your post count doesn't go down in a thread that gets deleted. Any posts made in that thread still count. The number under your avatar is how many posts you've made in total, whereas the number on your profile page indicates active posts. The active posts will lower as the thread gets deleted, but your total under your avatar/username will remain the same.