GNR Facebook post - new material on tour?

andy-robertson

Doesn't look like anyone has posted about this, but the update from the GNR Facebook page about an hour ago was very interesting...

"Dialing in on 5-11 - who is ready for something that they haven't had yet?"

So 5-11 will be the first show of this tour in Russia, and the "something they haven't had yet" bit implies that a brand new song might be played... Or it could be a reference to Anything Goes, and maybe they're going to play that one instead?

Mods - did a quick sweep of the recent posts and couldn't see anything about this (it was only posted an hour ago by GNR on Facebook), but if this is duplicate news or needs to be merged, then please by all means merge away!

Fingers crossed for some new material this tour!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen this on fb. I hope it's got to do with all the goings ons of earler today.

What happened earlier on today? The Bumblefoot email about 2 new songs? Or have I missed something else? (Don't really have the time to trawl through 8-page+ threads while sneaking a browse of MYGNR at work!)

An apparent UMG rep came to the site today and advised everyone that a new song and video will be available to Nightrain members on Friday. Most called it bullshit but now I'm not sure.

a lot of stuff that is put on facebook is meaningless to the mainstream fan. It's almost it's a private joke within the GNR team.

I don't think they would announce a new song on facebook. I know that the band is leaving for Russia today so maybe it's in relation to that, perhaps it means they're rehearsing anything goes to be played, although it's been played before so it wouldn't make sense to use the pun. I dunno, perhaps new tracks, but im not holding out.

Quick, everyone go buy Nightrain memberships!!! All the members there will hoard it and no one will be able to listen to it unless they are members!!!

Edit: but if they actually come through with this (and the updated tshirts) then they have made good on the membership in my books.

Why would they release a Better video and a new song on the same day? I'm sure they have a marketing person SOMEWHERE in the organization that would tell them "bad idea". Our little UMG cupcake Representative probably doesn't see how this would be a bad idea.

Fuck that, I'll take what I can get, when I can get it! Sorta makes sense if they release CD again with remixes and a few new tracks.

Edited by Coma16

Or it could be a reference to Anything Goes, and maybe they're going to play that one instead?

They use quotes from the old songs all the time; for me these posting always feel stuck in the past very much.

So, if there's something hidden, it will be something like "GNR plays for the first time in a venue in Moscow that has the letter "B" in its name - so excited!"

Edited by Schwarzgold

An apparent UMG rep came to the site today and advised everyone that a new song and video will be available to Nightrain members on Friday. Most called it bullshit but now I'm not sure.

A UMG rep with the grammar of a kid!

I think that def. means they're playing (or really, really planning to play) a new song. With the supposed leak and all, it can't mean anything but that.

After DJ's "surprise" post I expect anything from this.

I think that def. means they're playing (or really, really planning to play) a new song. With the supposed leak and all, it can't mean anything but that.

Surprise post? You mean this?

"Guns N' Roses European Tour starts in Moscow May 11th! So Excited! Are YOU ready!?!!"

Nope. Last show of the 2011 tour. He promised a big surprise and nothing happened.

Don't get your hopes up guys. That is the trick. Because if it does not come to fruition, you won't be that disappointed. If it does happen though, it will be awesome. I'm going about my normal routine as usual like it's another week.

Surprise post? You mean this?

"Guns N' Roses European Tour starts in Moscow May 11th! So Excited! Are YOU ready!?!!"

Nope. Last show of the 2011 tour. He promised a big surprise and nothing happened.

was that in relation to these?

No, those were the last shows of the UCAP tour. He posted that before the Live at the Joint concert, which had nothing new.

If nothing cool happens it won't affect my life in any negative way... but if something DOES happen, I'll be a very happy camper! :D

Edited by jekylhyde