Slash: Axl's letter refusing the HOF induction set a fire that made us play

Original GNR

I agree with many others that this should be moved to former gunners. It's perpetuates the damaging myth that guys from 20 years ago are still Guns n Roses, which is the band this website is dedicated to.

Edited by Eu4ic

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash's interview will set a fire that makes Axl release the new album called Slash N' Burn

no, my love ... slash's interviews don't have effect on Axl .. Axl ignores this man and his lies

Slash justifies his cowardice, blaming Axl ... Typical man without ... :ph34r: is slash a man ??? mmm :lol:

Slash is not the coward he showed up Axl did not. And everything Slash does effects Axl he is obsessed with Slash!

oohhh !! I'm not so sure baby .... in every slash's interview, he is talking about Axl ...poor slash .. I think slash can't live without the redhead :kiss:

Slash quit, he wasn't fired. See the difference? He doesn't talk about Axl unless someone asks about him. He's polite to answer, whether you like what he has to say or not, it's your own goddamn problem.

PS: If you're sending a kiss to "sleeper" with the same lips you kiss Axl's ass all the time, I wouldn't like to be him. :)

Slash quit, he wasn't fired. See the difference? He doesn't talk about Axl unless someone asks about him. He's polite to answer, whether you like what he has to say or not, it's your own goddamn problem.

PS: If you're sending a kiss to "sleeper" with the same lips you kiss Axl's ass all the time, I wouldn't like to be him. :)

I love what slash said ... he can't explain his acts without blaming Axl .. and it's so funny for me :lol: .. slash loves Axl more than he even thinks, i can see this: slash is always like a kid trying to provoke his father ... :shades:

uuhhh there are kisses for you too my dear pi2loc :kiss:

I love what slash said ... he can't explain his acts without blaming Axl .. and it's so funny for me :lol: .. slash loves Axl more than he even thinks, i can see this: slash is always like a kid trying to provoke his father ... :shades:

uuhhh there are kisses for you too my dear pi2loc :kiss:

Do you know he wasn't the only one performing at the HoF? Do you also know that Myles Kennedy turned the proposition down of performing that day? It's like talkin' to a wall for Christ's sake. The sad part, you make all South Americans look like retarded and biased fucks.

Where does Slash say he hates and/or doesn't love Axl? Slash never said he hates Axl, both of them loved each other back in the day. You can see Axl's love for him in the UYI tour.

Go to the gym man, lose some weight and perhaps, Axl will finally love you. :thumbsup:

Scott did a good job of doing GN'R covers cause he stuck to the ones that fit his voice like It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone.

Watching Scott doing his transvestite dance moves on Brownstone made me want to puke. But yes, he sounds great on his own/VR material and I've come to appreciate him much more over time.

I just wish Myles would stick to the songs he can pull off like Scott did. So when I hear people saying Myles does the songs better than Axl it makes me cringe. He's not even at Scott's level :shrugs: Just my opinion.

+1

If Axl had shown up, it would've been awkward as hell.

Nah. But, there would probably have been a fist fight.

Scott did a good job of doing GN'R covers cause he stuck to the ones that fit his voice like It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone.

Watching Scott doing his transvestite dance moves on Brownstone made me want to puke. But yes, he sounds great on his own/VR material and I've come to appreciate him much more over time.

I just wish Myles would stick to the songs he can pull off like Scott did. So when I hear people saying Myles does the songs better than Axl it makes me cringe. He's not even at Scott's level :shrugs: Just my opinion.

+1

Transvestite dance moves? :lol: I thought it looked hot :shrugs:

Slash's interview will set a fire that makes Axl release the new album called Slash N' Burn

no, my love ... slash's interviews don't have effect on Axl .. Axl ignores this man and his lies

Slash justifies his cowardice, blaming Axl ... Typical man without ... :ph34r: is slash a man ??? mmm :lol:

Slash is not the coward he showed up Axl did not. And everything Slash does effects Axl he is obsessed with Slash!

oohhh !! I'm not so sure baby .... in every slash's interview, he is talking about Axl ...poor slash .. I think slash can't live without the redhead :kiss:

Exactly!

Slash does interviews - unlike Axl. Slash cares about his fans, unlike Axl.

If Slash is doing an interview and they ask him a question about Axl or the old band - then he responds. As a member of the band that made GnR legendary, Slash has every right to state his opinion.

If you hate Slash now - for some weird reason - then don't read his interviews. Don't buy his albums.

But how pathetic is it to come in and whine/cry whenever somebody doesn't praise Axl's every move - but then completely bash EVERYTHING that Slash does or says, and bash anybody that says positive things about the guitar player who helped GnR become an alltime great.

Some of you people could wake up to Axl pissing on your face and you would go "Wow, thanks!!! I was hot and that cooled me off. You are the man!!!! And damn that evil Slash anyway."

If you people hate the constant slash-vs-alx, axl-kept-the-name, who-is-the-real-gnr constant fights on here, then DONT contribute to them!!!!! But you cannot chime in with several posts about what a prick Slash is and how fans that don't worship Axl are simple-minded - and then bash other people who are talking in the thread.

Axl and Slash both contributed to the break-up of the original group.

They both have bad mouthed each other in the press.

NONE of us know all the real reasons, and none of us know what either man is thinking now.

It sucks the old band broke up - but it did...............forum members constantly arguing about it now solves nothing.

Axl didn't want to perform at RNRHOF because of "integrity" reasons. Slash/Duff/Matt/Adler didn't care about the behind the scenes beurocrat side of it and played a few songs for the FANS. Axl does music to please himself. Slash/Duff/Adler/Matt do music for their fans. Different styles, different reasons.

Every post doesn't have to become an insult war amongst posters.

We should be able to debate and have different opinions without it always becoming personal.

It continues to amaze me that some people still don't understand how interviews work. People are always going to ask Slash about Axl and Guns n' Roses. It's because it's a very interesting topic to discuss, and it's what readers and viewers want them to ask. It's really quite simple.

It continues to amaze me that some people still don't understand how interviews work. People are always going to ask Slash about Axl and Guns n' Roses. It's because it's a very interesting topic to discuss, and it's what readers and viewers want them to ask. It's really quite simple.

He doesn't have to answer them though. Can't he just pass on the Axl/GN'R questions?

:shrugs:

He doesn't have to answer them though. Can't he just pass on the Axl/GN'R questions?

He could, but why should he? He really doesn't say that much, he's asked a question and he gives a short answer. Most fans appreciate when people being interviewed actually answer the questions. Just because Axl doesn't do many interviews, and provides cryptic answers, doesn't mean that other people have to do the same. Slash was in Guns, and is not doing anything wrong in talking about it. It's not like he was talking about something from the distant past, he was asked about the HOF performance, which just happened.

Edited by axlsalinger

I don't understand why some people eat up whatever Slash says like it was the truth. Marc Cantor says Slash lies go look cool.

Of course Slash knew Myles was going to sing at the HOF. It was planned. It wasn't like Slash phoned Myles at the last minute to sing some GN'R songs like so many of you believe. They've had this planned for weeks, months even.

I don't understand why some people eat up whatever Slash says like it was the truth. Marc Cantor says Slash lies go look cool.

Of course Slash knew Myles was going to sing at the HOF. It was planned. It wasn't like Slash phoned Myles at the last minute to sing some GN'R songs like so many of you believe. They've had this planned for weeks, months even.

So they had this planned for weeks/months? How would they have done this when they thought Axl was coming until 3 days before the event? And for the last time Duff has said he was the one that approached Myles.

He could, but why should he? He really doesn't say that much, he's asked a question and he gives a short answer. Most fans appreciate when people being interviewed actually answer the questions. Just because Axl doesn't do many interviews, and provides cryptic answers, doesn't mean that other people have to do the same. Slash was in Guns, and is not doing anything wrong in talking about it. It's not like he was talking about something from the distant past, he was asked about the HOF performance, which just happened.

+1

Amazes me how people just dont get the point: Guns n Roses has been Axl, Tommy, BH, Bbf, 4tus, Brain, Frank, etc etc for going on about 15 years now and, believe it or not, they have goals! They would've been compromised if Axl suddenly decided to get on stage with his ex wife for the purpose of making everyone else happy for one contrived moment. Now THAT would've been a fucked up decision. I guess people think that Axl is just not serious about his music. Slash's response to Axl's letter will motivate him even more. Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven should make their own record, imo, just to fucking see what their potential is. I'd genuinely love to hear it. And if Izzy doesnt want join, well it isnt Axl's fault so at least you cant place blame on him (of course then Slash says "Axl traumatized Izzy, Izzy doesnt want to play with a singer again"). Regardless, I'm sure the record would have less of "Gnr's 'original soul'" than Chi Dem does.

I would just like to see them do more... 15 years and one album is nothing compared to the few years of productivity Guns N' Roses had in their heyday, and it's nothing compared to what the past members have accomplished since they left. You guys always need to reaffirm that this band "is Guns N' Roses", okay, well, whether or not they're "Guns N' Roses" the band itself has mostly been wasted talent for the time they've been together, I don't see how anybody can deny that. What exactly is so glorious about one album and losing count of how many nostalgia tours they've been playing since all the old members bailed?

I guess I just don't understand what is so exciting about the "current incarnation" of Guns N' Roses, there were some really good songs on Chinese Democracy, and they hardly play them live. If they did more to separate themselves from the past I think a lot more Guns N' Roses fans would be able to respect and appreciate whatever the hell it is Axl is trying to accomplish with this band. That's never really been the case though.