Imagine if Axl says "This is a new song" this weekend

Coma16

It would be funny if he said those words and then went into Rocket Queen.

Haha, or Better Gone.

I think if he played Better Gone the crowd would just stand there like this:

:confused:

<|>

/ \

If they have new songs, and there's only 2 of them, then it makes sense to perform them at up and comming shows, to test them out.

If all goes well, then might be come future album material. I'm not sure how many Russians visit this board, or how many Russian will attend this weekends gig's, and video them and upload to YouTube.

By this time next week all will be revealed.

Edited by vaida

imagine your penis fell off after drinking the leftover oil from the frypan of a fast food outlet, then imagine that penis grew arms ran away, got an internet connection and wrote a topic on mygnr..

imagine the topic was "imagine axl says "this is a new song" this weekend.

still not getting it?? thats you dickhead.. what a stupid... STUPID TOPIC..

imagine your penis fell off after drinking the leftover oil from the frypan of a fast food outlet, then imagine that penis grew arms ran away, got an internet connection and wrote a topic on mygnr..

Do you need your medication?

Fuck's your problem? Butthurt?

How crazy will the forum erupt when those words are spoken again this weekend?

If they play new songs, then I hope they are seriously ready to release a new album. I know most will disagree but I would rather there be no "new" or unreleased songs if they are not planning on releasing an album this year. With that being said, I would love to hear new music and see a new album and another USA tour in the fall.

If they play new songs, then I hope they are seriously ready to release a new album. I know most will disagree but I would rather there be no "new" or unreleased songs if they are not planning on releasing an album this year. With that being said, I would love to hear new music and see a new album and another USA tour in the fall.

Agreed. Unless the album is ready to drop in late 2012/early 2013 then I actually don't want any new songs. Chinese Democracy was a bit anti-climactic because we had heard half of the album in various live versions for seven or so years before it came out. I want the next album to be a fresh listen. I'll take maybe one new song to mix things up, but unless the album is ready to go, then no more.

Agreed. Unless the album is ready to drop in late 2012/early 2013 then I actually don't want any new songs. Chinese Democracy was a bit anti-climactic because we had heard half of the album in various live versions for seven or so years before it came out. I want the next album to be a fresh listen. I'll take maybe one new song to mix things up, but unless the album is ready to go, then no more.

Agreed too. But I don't really think Chinese was that anti-climactic because to me the real release was 2006, when I first heard Better, TWAT and IRS in its demo version, but with clear studio sound. Can't even express how i felt when I heard Axl singing "the hardest part.." in Better for the first time, it was like 'fuck everything, this guy fucking rules" and I got all my hopes back.

Agreed too. But I don't really think Chinese was that anti-climactic because to me the real release was 2006, when I first heard Better, TWAT and IRS in its demo version, but with clear studio sound. Can't even express how i felt when I heard Axl singing "the hardest part.." in Better for the first time, it was like 'fuck everything, this guy fucking rules" and I got all my hopes back.

True. It felt great hearing IRS in awesome quality instead of the initial radio leak that I had been listening to for a year prior. Better had me hooked right away even though the initial leak was only like a minute or two of the song. That was definitely an exciting time to be a Guns fan. This time though, I want it to be fresh so that way I can get that same feeling once I have the actual album in my hands.

As a side note related to that, I remember people arguing that the "I never wanted you to be so full of anger" break in Better wasn't part of the song. Someone even did a supposed waveform analysis and said that it didn't match to the rest of the song so it was likely cut and pasted out of another leak and slid in there. :lol:

True. It felt great hearing IRS in awesome quality instead of the initial radio leak that I had been listening to for a year prior. Better had me hooked right away even though the initial leak was only like a minute or two of the song. That was definitely an exciting time to be a Guns fan. This time though, I want it to be fresh so that way I can get that same feeling once I have the actual album in my hands.

I know. Back then I've been listening to that IRS clip (I had my own "remix" with restored audio and less hiss and noises than the "Bloody Remix" or something, lol) for a year on my 256 MB Mp3 player. It was great to hear the proper IRS version (which was an identical take, btw), but Better and TWAT were really fresh, so the impact was bigger.

As a side note related to that, I remember people arguing that the "I never wanted you to be so full of anger" break in Better wasn't part of the song. Someone even did a supposed waveform analysis and said that it didn't match to the rest of the song so it was likely cut and pasted out of another leak and slid in there. :lol:

Haha, yeah, I remember that. I also remember people claiming it to be a Buckethead song because was wierd and had that lots of solos and riffs. But then, at one of those Hammerstein shows, Axl said it was a Robin song and everyone was like :drevil:

I know. Back then I've been listening to that IRS clip (I had my own "remix" with restored audio and less hiss and noises than the "Bloody Remix" or something, lol) for a year on my 256 MB Mp3 player. It was great to hear the proper IRS version (which was an identical take, btw), but Better and TWAT were really fresh, so the impact was bigger.

Haha, yeah, I remember that. I also remember people claiming it to be a Buckethead song because was wierd and had that lots of solos and riffs. But then, at one of those Hammerstein shows, Axl said it was a Robin song and everyone was like :drevil:

The Bloody Roses Remaster I think it was. I remember downloading that but not finding it much different than my original copy. Still plenty of hiss. :lol:

When we got the second round of leaks in 2008 I was just as excited again. That was the first time I really heard Riad because I had only heard the version from the House of Blues show in '01. I remember listening and thinking it had potential, so to hear a studio copy was really cool, especially because at that point I still doubted it'd be on the final album.

And yeah, the Better thing got everybody good when they did it live and not only was it mentioned that Robin wrote it but the break was in there just as it was on the leak.

The Bloody Roses Remaster I think it was. I remember downloading that but not finding it much different than my original copy. Still plenty of hiss. :lol:

Yeah, that. The guy only enhanced the gain and left the hiss and noises. :P

When we got the second round of leaks in 2008 I was just as excited again. That was the first time I really heard Riad because I had only heard the version from the House of Blues show in '01. I remember listening and thinking it had potential, so to hear a studio copy was really cool, especially because at that point I still doubted it'd be on the final album.

Tell me about it. I was always a HUGE fan of Riad, loved the song since I first heard it in January 2001, before the Rock In Rio (I got extremely frustrated when they didn't played it there). I was so obsessed that I had every bootleg with it and was pretty sure that it would be released in Chinese. I even recorded the guitars for some people in a Brazilian forum because there was some people claiming it was a "techno" song kinda like Silkworms. Of course it wasn't, its a pretty heavy guitar driven song that has huge riffs and amazing arrangement.

I remember I was working when someone told me there was a huge leak in that afternoon and sent me Riad. I was so amazed I couldn't keep working anymore, lol. Loved how the drum arrangement and pretty much all the guitar work was intact from the 2002 version, but really loved the strato rhythm guitar in the right channel. Such a shame Axl and Caram hided that in the left channel to put Bumble's rhythm in evidence on the final mix.

And yeah, the Better thing got everybody good when they did it live and not only was it mentioned that Robin wrote it but the break was in there just as it was on the leak.

I also remember Jazjme recorded the whole show in a shitty cell phone or something and with him singing over the songs, but he sent me and I edited to separate all the tracks for people to download. It was an amazing time and I spent all night dealing with bandwith issues with my board at time, with the live updates and then with this recording. Had my best memories from that era without a doubt.

Yeah, that. The guy only enhanced the gain and left the hiss and noises. :P

Tell me about it. I was always a HUGE fan of Riad, loved the song since I first heard it in January 2001, before the Rock In Rio (I got extremely frustrated when they didn't played it there). I was so obsessed that I had every bootleg with it and was pretty sure that it would be released in Chinese. I even recorded the guitars for some people in a Brazilian forum because there was some people claiming it was a "techno" song kinda like Silkworms. Of course it wasn't, its a pretty heavy guitar driven song that has huge riffs and amazing arrangement.

I remember I was working when someone told me there was a huge leak in that afternoon and sent me Riad. I was so amazed I couldn't keep working anymore, lol. Loved how the drum arrangement and pretty much all the guitar work was intact from the 2002 version, but really loved the strato rhythm guitar in the right channel. Such a shame Axl and Caram hided that in the left channel to put Bumble's rhythm in evidence on the final mix.

I also remember Jazjme recorded the whole show in a shitty cell phone or something and with him singing over the songs, but he sent me and I edited to separate all the tracks for people to download. It was an amazing time and I spent all night dealing with bandwith issues with my board at time, with the live updates and then with this recording. Had my best memories from that era without a doubt.

Agreed with everything you said. Riad is an amazing song. I remember the techno talk from around when I joined the forum. People seemed to rank Riad as low as Silkworms and I had no idea why. Amazing how things turned out to be quite different by the time the album came. I think the riffs in that song are awesome and you're right, the arrangement is great.

That was a great time to be on the forum. In some ways, that all ended when the album was finally released. I think it was the mystique (if you want to call it that) that kept me coming here.