Wish list for this leg

Coma16

So with the first show of this leg I think it would make for good conversation to discuss what you want to see (or not). The 2 Russia shows could easily be a warm-up before they really get into it the following week so let's not go crazy after the first show. Lets be somewhat realistic as well :)

Here are a few of mine:

- new solo spots for each band member

- not all solo spots have to be played each night (even if that makes the concert shorter so be it)

- not more than 1 hour between the opening band and GNR. I'm fine with the show starting at midnight but it is really the wait in between that kills people

- at least one new unreleased song (more than 1 will be a bonus)

- some more Illusions (Yesterdays, DTJ, RNDTH)

- removal of some the classics such as RQ, KOHD, SCOM, ISE, NR (not likely gonna happen but do they really need to be played every night)

- I'm sick of PC (entirely) and would like another song to close the show. However, can PC fit in anywhere else? Perhaps the last song of the regular set but then many peeps might take of thinking that the show is over

What do you think?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's difficult to alter the usual setlist in my opinion when it includes so many classics that you simply can't drop. Even if you are tired of something like Rocket Queen I and many others would be so disappointed to attend a Guns N Roses gig and not hear Rocket Queen. Can't drop stuff like that!

Personally, i'd drop Street of Dreams & Shackler's Revenge. Maybe Madagascar too. They're good, but i'd much prefer to hear something else. And i think i'd drop Whole Lotta Rosie & Riff Raff. Again, awesome songs, but i'd like to hear something different because they've been played quite a lot. Apart from those, i really hope they play the rest of the usual stuff.

I went to the London gig in 2010 and they've played some other stuff since then so personally i'm really looking forward to Civil War, Estranged, and hopefully You're Crazy too (but i doubt that tbh in a massive arena gig like that)

Obviously would like to hear some brand new stuff. But i'd still love it if they played something like Anything Goes, Think About You, Out Ta Get Me. Or maybe even Move to the City, Down on the Farm or something

Edited by OJones90

to drop Street of Dreams and Shacklers is quite idiotic.. for the people that haven't listened to Chinese or maybe just gave it a simple run without giving it a chance, hearing those songs live will surely get some excitement for the album started.. SOD works perfectly live like a classic Guns song and Shacklers is just too crazy live to not take notice :shrugs:

Well, it's difficult to alter the usual setlist in my opinion when it includes so many classics that you simply can't drop. Even if you are tired of something like Rocket Queen I and many others would be so disappointed to attend a Guns N Roses gig and not hear Rocket Queen. Can't drop stuff like that!

I can't agree with this statement (in regards that some can't be dropped). Also, RQ was dropped for a while so it doesn't mean that they won't make a comback on the next leg.

Your "realistic" wish list is entirely too unrealistic.

The wish list should be this short:

1. Change

Well a wish-list doesn't imply that I won't be happy unless each and every wish was made. For all of that to happen is unrealistic but can you point out which one(s) you think are on a case-by-case basis?

#whybehereifurnegative

God don't drop Shackler's , it's amazing live, it's hard to know where they could fit new songs in. A festival crowd will want the classics.

Agreed. I was actually shocked how good the song was after seeing it live in 2010. It is even better now BBF on vocals :)

One new song.

Should be doable right ? I mean, they were playing Chinese Democracy songs 7 years before its release so if they really want to release the next album soon, why couldn't they play anything off of it ?

As someone else stated in another thread, I think they want to avoid playing anything new without a actual release date set. Hopefully that's in place on the back end!

More variation in setlists from show to show. Something that hasn't been played in a while, or ideally, ever.

But even if they don't make any changes, but continue to churn out 3 h great shows with 20+ songs each night spanning the whole catalogue, I'll be more than happy.

to drop Street of Dreams and Shacklers is quite idiotic.. for the people that haven't listened to Chinese or maybe just gave it a simple run without giving it a chance, hearing those songs live will surely get some excitement for the album started.. SOD works perfectly live like a classic Guns song and Shacklers is just too crazy live to not take notice :shrugs:

I can't agree with this statement (in regards that some can't be dropped). Also, RQ was dropped for a while so it doesn't mean that they won't make a comback on the next leg.

God don't drop Shackler's , it's amazing live, it's hard to know where they could fit new songs in. A festival crowd will want the classics.

Agreed. I was actually shocked how good the song was after seeing it live in 2010. It is even better now BBF on vocals :)

Meh. I loved it in London 2010 too. BUT, if Axl's vocals are like they were for the last tour with no rasp, then i don't want to hear that or Street of Dreams. If his voice is more like 2010, then yes, i'd want to hear those 2 songs.

Well a wish-list doesn't imply that I won't be happy unless each and every wish was made. For all of that to happen is unrealistic but can you point out which one(s) you think are on a case-by-case basis?

Yes.

- not all solo spots have to be played each night (even if that makes the concert shorter so be it)

- not more than 1 hour between the opening band and GNR. I'm fine with the show starting at midnight but it is really the wait in between that kills people

- some more Illusions (Yesterdays, DTJ, RNDTH)

- removal of some the classics such as RQ, KOHD, SCOM, ISE, NR (not likely gonna happen but do they really need to be played every night)

- I'm sick of PC (entirely) and would like another song to close the show. However, can PC fit in anywhere else? Perhaps the last song of the regular set but then many peeps might take of thinking that the show is over

He loves his breaks. The solo spots will continue. They could shorten Dizzy's down to nothing, but that's about it.

If anything, we'll have it happen exactly like it did this past one. Band was on relatively early during the early shows, but after a handful, they were back to 3 hour waits between.

He's added a lot of UYI stuff. It's pretty unrealistic to expect RNDTH or DTJ. He just added full Don't Cry, Estranged, and Civil War. Rehearsing OMG and such proves that there's at least something else he wants added.

Those are staples. They've been played for 20+ years. I've love to see Mr. Brownstone dropped, but he'll never drop RQ, KOHD, SCOM, ISE, or NR. Crowd pleasers, staples, and iconic.

Paradise City is the closer.

That's not being negative. That's being logical.

If anything, I'd love for him to drop Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, the ACDC covers, and the 31 instrumental jams scheduled, but I don't see that happening either. I can see him dropping Sorry, This I Love, and maybe a cover in favor of a new song, but who knows?

Edited by DaneisKing1389

He loves his breaks. The solo spots will continue. They could shorten Dizzy's down to nothing, but that's about it.

If anything, we'll have it happen exactly like it did this past one. Band was on relatively early during the early shows, but after a handful, they were back to 3 hour waits between.

He's added a lot of UYI stuff. It's pretty unrealistic to expect RNDTH or DTJ. He just added full Don't Cry, Estranged, and Civil War. Rehearsing OMG and such proves that there's at least something else he wants added.

Those are staples. They've been played for 20+ years. I've love to see Mr. Brownstone dropped, but he'll never drop RQ, KOHD, SCOM, ISE, or NR. Crowd pleasers, staples, and iconic.

If anything, I'd love for him to drop Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, the ACDC covers, and the 31 instrumental jams scheduled, but I don't see that happening either. I can see him dropping Sorry, This I Love, and maybe a cover in favor of a new song, but who knows?

I like Sorry. But it doesn't sound as good with his vocals from the last tour. I definitely wouldn't drop This I Love and i doubt it will get dropped, it's a brilliant song and up there with my favourite Gnr tracks. It's much better than most of the album along with Better and Chinese Democracy.

Scraped would be cool to hear again with 2010 vocals.

I like Sorry. But it doesn't sound as good with his vocals from the last tour. I definitely wouldn't drop This I Love and i doubt it will get dropped, it's a brilliant song and up there with my favourite Gnr tracks. It's much better than most of the album along with Better and Chinese Democracy.

Don't get me wrong. I love This I Love and I count Robin's solo on that as one of the greatest in GN'R history. If it wasn't just for the last tour and he keeps Estranged on the list, I can't see him keeping This I Love. It's the worst of Axl's piano trio. It's certainly not bad, though. It's phenomenal on the album, but I don't think he'll keep all three.

it's simple

- solos should stay, if they want to change them like dizzy and ashba did,it's OK

- MORE CHINESE SONGS

- One stream

- at least one song,or old/new like yesterdays

- an official dvd for gods sake

enough with that

We are already getting 6-7 Chinese songs per show. I wouldn't say we need more Chinese, but rather introduce dropped CD tracks back into the rotation of the 6-7 that are played per show.

super funny...

"with 2010 vocals"

we're in 2012.

I'm glad that nobody has said Coma, its an epic song but without a doubt, it would F**k Axl's voice. You have to realise that the songs are done in an order to get a balance into the act and enable a good long show. Sadly I can't afford to go, but I hope that the band have a blast, 'cos when they do its great for everybody. Other than that, if a "chucker" is in the audience, I hope those around them cause a scene and get 'em chucked out. Notice how good the US shows were without these cocks spoiling it for everybody....