Wish list for this leg

Coma16

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me personally I'd love to hear Estranged and Civil War, and keep Shackler's :)

I remember asking DJ in one of his live chats if he was going to do a new solo for the Euro tour and he said yes so see what happens there, be cool if Bumble and Fortus did something new.

Well a wish-list doesn't imply that I won't be happy unless each and every wish was made. For all of that to happen is unrealistic but can you point out which one(s) you think are on a case-by-case basis?

Yes.

- not all solo spots have to be played each night (even if that makes the concert shorter so be it)

- not more than 1 hour between the opening band and GNR. I'm fine with the show starting at midnight but it is really the wait in between that kills people

- some more Illusions (Yesterdays, DTJ, RNDTH)

- removal of some the classics such as RQ, KOHD, SCOM, ISE, NR (not likely gonna happen but do they really need to be played every night)

- I'm sick of PC (entirely) and would like another song to close the show. However, can PC fit in anywhere else? Perhaps the last song of the regular set but then many peeps might take of thinking that the show is over

He loves his breaks. The solo spots will continue. They could shorten Dizzy's down to nothing, but that's about it.

If anything, we'll have it happen exactly like it did this past one. Band was on relatively early during the early shows, but after a handful, they were back to 3 hour waits between.

He's added a lot of UYI stuff. It's pretty unrealistic to expect RNDTH or DTJ. He just added full Don't Cry, Estranged, and Civil War. Rehearsing OMG and such proves that there's at least something else he wants added.

Those are staples. They've been played for 20+ years. I've love to see Mr. Brownstone dropped, but he'll never drop RQ, KOHD, SCOM, ISE, or NR. Crowd pleasers, staples, and iconic.

Paradise City is the closer.

That's not being negative. That's being logical.

If anything, I'd love for him to drop Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, the ACDC covers, and the 31 instrumental jams scheduled, but I don't see that happening either. I can see him dropping Sorry, This I Love, and maybe a cover in favor of a new song, but who knows?

He loves his breaks but it also showcases the band.

3 hour wait between acts? Which show(s)? I was in Hamilton show and it was less than 1 hour.

Wasn't RNDTH on the 2006 setlist?

Just because they are staples doesn't mean they have to be played every night. RQ was dropped in 2006.

Nightrain closed of the Asia 2009 shows. Granted I'm sure it left some people confused.

Realistic? No new songs or Coma then.

The best I'm hoping for is that they'll add Catcher In The Rye and TWAT back to the setlist. Anything extra will be a huge unexpected surprise.

Coma definitely isn't realistic. :(

Any kind of variation would be good, christ Fortus plays the pretty much the exact same licks in the outro to PC since he joined the band in 2002. They need to be more spontaneous with how they approach each song.

Realistic:

- At least ONE new song.

- Rotate the CD songs. Play IRS, Catcher and Scraped once in a while. Not even asking for TWAT or Prostitute here.

- Keep the Illusion additions.

- New solo spots, specially for Ron.

- Good Axl performance.

- Oh My God

Dream:

- More than one new song.

- Announcement of new album.

- TWAT and/or Prostitute.

- Coma/Locomotive/Pretty Tied Up

Realistic:

- At least ONE new song.

- Rotate the CD songs. Play IRS, Catcher and Scraped once in a while. Not even asking for TWAT or Prostitute here.

- Keep the Illusion additions.

- New solo spots, specially for Ron.

- Good Axl performance.

- Oh My God

Dream:

- More than one new song.

- Announcement of new album.

- TWAT and/or Prostitute.

- Coma/Locomotive/Pretty Tied Up

I like it

Maybe take out one or more of, for example: Civil War (shouldnt be played every night if Estranged, etc, is also), SOD (same reason), Sorry (takes the energy out of the room), Maddy, Rosie, and/or Riff Raff here and there and replace with something different.

Like, throw in a different UYI or two, Oh My God and some new shit. Hell, I'd be ecstatic just to hear the CD songs done properly for once! Who cares, maybe they should do a one-off here and there with significant changes to the setlist. If that requires a damn orchestra, or playing only an hour and a half instead of 3, I think it'd be worth it if it meant ACTUALLY Hearing TWAT with the strings, Riad with the moody sitar-y guitar during "Oh, My Salvation..." which you can barely hear even with headphones, the auxiliary percussion of Scraped, and the mind-blowing vocals of IRS and Prostitute. It'd be ultimate as a fan to say "I went to one of the '12 gigs where they changed shit up and played CD / CD2 songs" just as much as "Wow I saw 3 hours of classic ass kicking songs!"

Also, wtf are grown ass men doing playing the exact same solos night after night. That should change. I love the jams and the solos (the first five times I heard them), but either allow more freedom in their solos or use that time for something fresh.

Edited by Eu4ic

Eliminate LALD, Street Of Dreams, & Madagascar and replace them with Yesterdays and 2 new unreleased songs. Keep Don't Cry in the set every night and rotate back and forth between Estranged and Civil War.

Definately would love to hear a new song and maybe something like yesterdays to change it up a bit. I would drop Madagascar and at least a couple solos. I would love to see no solos, but that won't happen. Every member getting a solo is way too much, and it kills the flow of the show. Other than that I hope they keep Estranged and Civil War, it was great to hear them live.

LALD is actually amazing live (in-person). I usually skip it if I'm listening to the album and never go outof my way to watch a live clip.

Mady is also amazing live. However, too many slower paced songs at times so I get why it can be rotated.

As for Coma, i forgot about that, it would be cool. How is it unrealistic? I would have said Civil War and Estranged were unrealistic but those got brought back.

I agree, Live and Let Die is absolutely INCREDIBLE live in person.

Nice Boys....i like that song and it was kickass in London 2010. But because i saw it that time i'm hoping for something different

He loves his breaks. The solo spots will continue. They could shorten Dizzy's down to nothing, but that's about it.

If anything, we'll have it happen exactly like it did this past one. Band was on relatively early during the early shows, but after a handful, they were back to 3 hour waits between.

He's added a lot of UYI stuff. It's pretty unrealistic to expect RNDTH or DTJ. He just added full Don't Cry, Estranged, and Civil War. Rehearsing OMG and such proves that there's at least something else he wants added.

Those are staples. They've been played for 20+ years. I've love to see Mr. Brownstone dropped, but he'll never drop RQ, KOHD, SCOM, ISE, or NR. Crowd pleasers, staples, and iconic.

Paradise City is the closer.

That's not being negative. That's being logical.

If anything, I'd love for him to drop Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, the ACDC covers, and the 31 instrumental jams scheduled, but I don't see that happening either. I can see him dropping Sorry, This I Love, and maybe a cover in favor of a new song, but who knows?

I like Sorry. But it doesn't sound as good with his vocals from the last tour. I definitely wouldn't drop This I Love and i doubt it will get dropped, it's a brilliant song and up there with my favourite Gnr tracks. It's much better than most of the album along with Better and Chinese Democracy.

Scraped would be cool to hear again with 2010 vocals.

super funny...

"with 2010 vocals"

we're in 2012.

I don't see how that's funny at all to be honest. His vocals in 2010 were by the far the best since the 90's. So why can't he improve again? His vocals differ each tour. Some songs just don't sound as good without the rasp in his voice.

As for Coma, i forgot about that, it would be cool. How is it unrealistic? I would have said Civil War and Estranged were unrealistic but those got brought back.

I agree, Live and Let Die is absolutely INCREDIBLE live in person.

Nice Boys....i like that song and it was kickass in London 2010. But because i saw it that time i'm hoping for something different

Coma is unrealistic as it is much harder for Axl to pull off. It was tough enough 20 years ago so I don't think it can be done now. I'd love for them to try it though!

New solo spots would be fun. Rarely played CD songs like maybe an acoustic version of Catcher or an occasional performance of There Was a Time would be fantastic. They were playing If the World quite consistently at one point, maybe that would come back.

I've always enjoyed IRS live and that would be on my wish-list. It would be a lot of fun to hear something "new" from UYI, like Yesterdays or The Garden.

I said it once, and i'll say it again, HIGH FIVES. Lots of them.

Maybe at the end of the show each member will reward the other with jumping high fives. It helps with the camaraderie.

Riad with the moody sitar-y guitar during "Oh, My Salvation..." which you can barely hear even with headphones

Are you talking about the lead guitar following Axl's vocals?

I dont know who's doing it, but it's not the distorted hard loud chords; it's the soulful bending sound that starts at 'oh my salvation' and kinda comes in and out around 'caught in the lies'. Hard to pull of all the CD nuances in a stadium, was my point. btw who is it? Ron?