2012/05/12 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia

Guest Gunns

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41059667132682810503.jpeg

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

pi2loc, that's called envy ... you'll get old soon, you should not be envious :kiss:

Envy of what? Do you really sit your ass down to think before posting? That's a funny picture and it made me laugh, that's all. You can always find stupid people in this forum :rolleyes:.

Edited by pi2loc

They are just warming up--the sound of the gigs and Axl's voice were fantastic! They always start adding stuff after they know they have their mix figured out, etc. I would expect Dublin is going to get a wail of a show, with a larger set-list and some different songs and maybe a few new ones added in! This UK leg with Thin Lizzy has the potential to be an epic run!

I don't ever hear of any other band doing "warm up" shows. Additionally, if these are "warm-up" shows, are fans paying a reduced price to see them warm-up? These are professionals, right? No way for them to be warmed up before the tour?

They are just warming up--the sound of the gigs and Axl's voice were fantastic! They always start adding stuff after they know they have their mix figured out, etc. I would expect Dublin is going to get a wail of a show, with a larger set-list and some different songs and maybe a few new ones added in! This UK leg with Thin Lizzy has the potential to be an epic run!

I don't ever hear of any other band doing "warm up" shows. Additionally, if these are "warm-up" shows, are fans paying a reduced price to see them warm-up? These are professionals, right? No way for them to be warmed up before the tour?

Well, if these are 'warm-up' shows, I miss the 2009 'warm-up' shows, when the band played more songs than usual to practice for them instead of leaving them out. :shrugs:

Unfortunately the jackets make him seem bigger than he is. He looked leaner at the Jack White show where he was just in his jeans and T-shirt.

The jackets are very cool. The only thing that I can't stand is that white bunny thing on his T-Shirt.

That said, Axl is looking really, really good in most of these pics.

Edited by The Archer

Great pictures in there.

I'm getting tired of the setlist as well. I understand that Russia never had the chance to hear these songs but it's time to move forward and

start to include new material.

I saw GN'R 7 times in the past years, last time was last year in Hamilton and it wasn't a bad show but it was almost the same as the last time they went there.

41059667132682810503.jpeg

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

That might be the first bad photo of Richard Fortus I've ever seen... I think it's mostly down to the waistcoat.

I have to agree but I don't think it's the waistcoast - he actually looks pudgy while he usually looks lean and chiselled. Too many calories maybe, during the layoff? Or, it might just be a wierd angle.

I think he sounds better than he did at the beginning of '11 tour and '09 tour. '11 Rio was a disaster, Chile was a great rebound but then he settled into Mickey Mode for the majority of the tour (he was out of shape, didnt wanna tour, and was unprepared); and in '09 Taiwan/Asia was good but not because of his voice (his voice wasnt very good then) but because of the new look and Axl's excitement, new songs, etc. Yea, he sounds better than at the beginning of most tours, I say.

My prediction is we'll have a boring setlist, but Axl will sound overall good. For me, I'd rather have Axl sound like a yelping dog as long as there was excitement and the band was killin it, like in '02. They need to talk to Buckethead. Ron is a one-of-a-kind guitarist - probably technically better than BH - but his tone is light, airy, and digital whereas BH blows people away with that big sound. Axl needs another alpha dog to keep him on his toes. Man if Shawn Lane were only still alive... In the meantime, Ron bring back the Gibson! Fuck!

Axl seems kind of insecure with all that hiding [jackets/hats e.t.c.] like he doesn't feel good with himself anymore idk. I just don't know what he'll do during the summer gigs!

Can't really blame him with all the fat jokes that been coming his way since RIR though :shrugs:

Unfortunately the jackets make him seem bigger than he is. He looked leaner at the Jack White show where he was just in his jeans and T-shirt.

I agree about the jackets.

He definately sounds good, way better than the start of the 11 tour. This I love was awesome. I got to agree with most, Ditch the Jackets and the big hats and glasses. It looks like he is hiding from someone. Although I'd love to hear a new song or two, I always thought it was stupid that they were playing all these CD songs years before the album hit. I'd rather see them stop touring after this tour and get a new record out within a year or so, then do those songs live.

Great pictures in there.

I'm getting tired of the setlist as well. I understand that Russia never had the chance to hear these songs but it's time to move forward and

I saw GN'R 7 times in the past years, last time was last year in Hamilton and it wasn't a bad show but it was almost the same as the last time they went there.

exactly this. i've seen them a similar number of times, and also paid to watch all of the streams that were available. it has been essentially the same show for the last decade or so. it's getting very old.

and I don't agree AT ALL with the folks who say "you can't complain if you weren't at the show." that may have been a valid statement in 1992, but it doens't apply in the internet age. it's different these days, as we get live updates from the show and are watching videos of the show within hours. even though we aren't physically at the show, we are still part of it and I think we have every right to have an opinion about the setlist!!!

Edited by nonlinear

Great pictures in there.

exactly this. i've seen them a similar number of times, and also paid to watch all of the streams that were available. it has been essentially the same show for the last decade or so. it's getting very old.

and I don't agree AT ALL with the folks who say "you can't complain if you weren't at the show." that may have been a valid statement in 1992, but it doens't apply in the internet age. it's different these days, as we get live updates from the show and are watching videos of the show within hours. even though we aren't physically at the show, we are still part of it and I think we have every right to have an opinion about the setlist!!!

If you're not at the show, you're not a part of the show. The shows are played for those in attendance.

Ali

If you're not at the show, you're not a part of the show. The shows are played for those in attendance.

Ali

LOL, so when I watch a sporting event on TV, or even read about it in the paper, I can't have an opinion about it? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!!! Stop swinging on Axl's nutsack. Anyone who is following these shows has the right to an opinion, whether they attended in person or via the internet. This is 2012, get with the times dude.

Edited by nonlinear

Has anyone REALLY said you are not allowed to have an opinion? ;). I believe that is a groghanism.

What I am saying is that while you are allowed to have an opinion (duh), you have not paid for the show and hence you can't expect that the band accommodates to your particular preferences or act like you've been cheated when the band doesn't do it.

Edited by SoulMonster

Ali

LOL, so when I watch a sporting event on TV, or even read about it in the paper, I can't have an opinion about it? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!!! Stop swinging on Axl's nutsack. Anyone who is following these shows has the right to an opinion, whether they attended in person or via the internet. This is 2012, get with the times dude.

You hit the nail right on the head. Just because a person does not go to a show, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to have a opinion on it. Using sports is a very good example, I've never been to a Philadelphia Eagle game in my life, so does that mean I can't criticize them when they do bad? Nope.

I can't stand the people who out-right bash the GN'R today and never have anything decent to say about the band. Than there's the people who want the band to move on and be able to be at their full potential, I see nothing wrong there. I want to see how the band is in the studio, what they can bring to the table as far as writing and talents.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Has anyone REALLY said you are not allowed to have an opinion? ;). I believe that is a groghanism.

What I am saying is that while you are allowed to have an opinion (duh), you have not paid for the show and hence you can't expect that the band accommodates to your particular preferences or act like you've been cheated when the band doesn't do it.

I think 99.9% of people's preference would be that the band would go onstage on time, lol. You can't reasonably state that Axl's decision to not go onstage on time, doesn't possibly affect their ticket sales. I won't pay my hard earned money to go see a show where I have no idea what time he'll show up or when I'll get home. That's my choice, but Axl's behavior is the cause of that choice, so yeah, I'm going to comment.

And like someone said earlier, these shows are all available to us online now in some form or another. Viewing a performance in any form, justifys an opinion. It's not like the old days where Axl would just point at someone and their camera would be taken away, lol.

Look, I think that everyone following the shows on a regular basis would like the setlist to be opened up a bit. By that I mean, we've all seen the "master list" posted before. It has songs like Oh My God, If The World, Scraped, Catcher, etc. on it that haven't been played in a long time. So, I can see why people might say "Why not break out If The World every few shows? Why not play Catcher more? Why not do Mama Kin or Dead Flowers" Etc.

At the same time, 95% of the people in the crowd are not online looking at setlists. They don't care that the band played the exact same setlist two days earlier because they weren't at the show. Of course you have a right to an opinion about the setlist. But if you aren't a paying customer, your opinion on the matter doesn't mean that much. If someone went to both Moscow shows and was upset that the setlist was basically the same, then fine. But the people who went to the shows in Moscow both nights probably aren't complaining; many of them probably haven't seen Guns live before and are happy they got the opportunity to do so.

I do expect that the list will open up more as the tour goes on. I would love to see them add IRS back into the mix because it kicked so much ass live, and I think Shackler's should be in there every night because it is awesome live, but I'm not going to drone on and on about how "disappointing" the setlists at a bunch of concerts I'm not attending are. I've seen GnR a number of times live and I've never left the show disappointed in terms of what was played. And contrary to popular opinion the setlist actually has changed up quite a bit in the last decade; it's just that there are certain songs that are ALWAYS going to be played at a GnR show because everyone there wants to hear them. There are about 10 of those songs (Jungle, Nightrain, Sweet Child, Paradise, Rocket Queen, Patience, You Could Be Mine, LALD, KOHD, November Rain). People going to Guns N' Roses shows want these songs.