Donald "Duck" Dunn died

username

_60201809_60201804.jpg

Bass guitarist Donald "Duck" Dunn, who played with Booker T and the MGs, has died in Tokyo aged 70.

The MGs were the house band for Stax Records, and Dunn can be heard on songs such as Otis Redding's Respect and Sam and Dave's Hold On, I'm Comin'.

He was in Japan for a series of concerts, and had played two shows on Saturday night.

His friend and fellow musician Steve Cropper, who was on the same tour, said Dunn had died in his sleep.

"Today I lost my best friend," Cropper wrote on his Facebook page. "The World has lost the best guy and bass player to ever live".

Miho Harasawa, a spokeswoman for Tokyo Blue Note, the last venue Dunn played, confirmed he died alone early Sunday. She had no further details.

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18049583

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another great legend gone. :( I feel lucky having seen Booker T And The MG's in Amsterdam back in 2010...