Slash Newspaper Interviewer bashes new GN'R

Sweersa

My local newspaper (Grand Rapids Press, Sunday May 13, 2012) printed a Slash interview where the interviewer briefly took a shot at the current GN'R lineup. I thought his bold insult was highly inappropriate and unfounded due to GN'R's current success.

I'm going to send a professional email to the interviewer John Serba telling him how I feel about his insult and educate him on the current success of GN'R. I scanned the article and uploaded it so you can see it for yourself.

I urge you to also email this guy informing him GN'R has an excellent lineup today, and that his comment bashing them was inappropriate. His email is: jserba@mlive.com

slash2012grpress.jpg

Mods, if you feel this is posted in the wrong section, please move as you see fit.

Thank you all.

No offense, but after hearing the songs from Slash's upcomming album I'm pretty convinced that GN'R (as it is right now) is a better band.

I kinda liked ''Slash'', but this album will be awful. Myles can't sing these kinda songs for shit and Slash isn't creative enough to come up with epics.

I also enjoyed the "Slash" album but nothing I have heard from the newer one really spoke to me like any of the songs from "Slash" did.

Some of you guys are real party poopers too.

Edited by Sweersa

No offense, but after hearing the songs from Slash's upcomming album I'm pretty convinced that GN'R (as it is right now) is a better band.

I kinda liked ''Slash'', but this album will be awful. Myles can't sing these kinda songs for shit and Slash isn't creative enough to come up with epics.

what is "EPIC"? what is that?, Piano Driven songs?, Popsy Ballads with a few special effects?, Broadway Play type of songs? Drama?...

thank good his sticking to his roots, the guy doesn't need to follow "epic" so that people like you can be "Satisfied"

what is "EPIC"? what is that?, Piano Driven songs?, Popsy Ballads with a few special effects?, Broadway Play type of songs? Drama?...

thank good his sticking to his roots, the guy doesn't need to follow "epic" so that people like you can be "Satisfied"

I wouldn't say that. I would consider Locomotive an "epic." Just a dynamic song with some twists and turns.

and really a lot of other bands/artists have left Axl faaar far behind in that respect. Axl's "epics" can't touch bands like Evanescence, Nightwish, Elton John, Queen, and many more.

So far the new Slash album reminds me of the last AC/DC album. Great artist putting out old music. I though the "Slash" album was great, so I'm not sure what happened. I need to listen to the rest of it I suppose.

And when was the last time that Axl was creative enough to come up with an epic song? 1990?

Anastasia would qualify as "epic," as would Coma and Locomotive. Slash is certainly capable of doing it, he just doesn't do it as often as some people would like. But at the end of the day he does what he's comfortable doing and wants to do as a musician so on that level he deserves respect

The only truly "epic" song on Axl's last album was TWAT. I think that the biggest appeal of CD was the melodies, the emotion of the lyrics, and the "beauty" a lot of the music and arrangements. Axl's greatest gift has always been the soul/emotion of his vocals and lyrics and his vocal melodies which are some of the best of all time