I saw Slash last night

k12

basically with Axls New Band you are getting a Guns N Roses show

that's why he uses the name

Think you got it in the wrong order... BECAUSE he uses the name he can play bigger venues, because he can play bigger venues the show can be more of a spectacle, because the show is more of a spectacle it's more like a "GNR show".

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just no Mr Brownstone and they played communication breakdown by led zeppelin

I would gladly take that trade.

When I saw him back in 2010 they did that switch to me too. It was awesome.

I wonder why they stopped playing Fall to Pieces for so long. I never liked the song, but it was like VR's biggest hit and until very recently it had been left out of his setlists.

and I must say I was disappointed

I saw his previous set lists, and basically on this tour (when he is not playing festivals) he plays a 20 song set list, with 5 GNR songs, Nightrain, Rocket Queen, SCOM, Paradise City, then it seems he either plays Mr. Brownstone or My Michelle

However last night it seemed he dropped the Mr. Brownstone My Michelle and only played the first 4

I must say I was pretty upset, I went into the show thinking maybe he might play 6 GNR songs as I saw he played 6 GNR songs in Toronto a few weeks ago and in his past tours he seemed to play 7 or 8 GNR songs in his set

but 4 GNR songs?

Needless to say I was upset

Boo. Fucking. Hoo. :rolleyes:

If that's the standard by which you judge a live show....please...

ok a-hole, like I said thats my own point of view, most of the people who went to the show who I spoke to said they had a great time

I went in thinking he will play at least 5 GNR songs as that has been his staple from his current tour, but maybe I might hear a 6th

but 4 songs? the least amount of GNR songs he has played from pretty much any headling show he has done

yea I was pissed

Go fuck yourself

You must be like 15 years old or something. Sound so immature and stupid.

just no Mr Brownstone and they played communication breakdown by led zeppelin

I would gladly take that trade.

When I saw him back in 2010 they did that switch to me too. It was awesome.

I wonder why they stopped playing Fall to Pieces for so long. I never liked the song, but it was like VR's biggest hit and until very recently it had been left out of his setlists.

and I must say I was disappointed

I saw his previous set lists, and basically on this tour (when he is not playing festivals) he plays a 20 song set list, with 5 GNR songs, Nightrain, Rocket Queen, SCOM, Paradise City, then it seems he either plays Mr. Brownstone or My Michelle

However last night it seemed he dropped the Mr. Brownstone My Michelle and only played the first 4

I must say I was pretty upset, I went into the show thinking maybe he might play 6 GNR songs as I saw he played 6 GNR songs in Toronto a few weeks ago and in his past tours he seemed to play 7 or 8 GNR songs in his set

but 4 GNR songs?

Needless to say I was upset

Boo. Fucking. Hoo. :rolleyes:

If that's the standard by which you judge a live show....please...

ok a-hole, like I said thats my own point of view, most of the people who went to the show who I spoke to said they had a great time

I went in thinking he will play at least 5 GNR songs as that has been his staple from his current tour, but maybe I might hear a 6th

but 4 songs? the least amount of GNR songs he has played from pretty much any headling show he has done

yea I was pissed

Go fuck yourself

You must be like 15 years old or something. Sound so immature and stupid.

ok jackass, calling me stupid, you are pretty funny, I have more "intelligence" then you can dream of

He plays less GnR songs- "Wtf man he should've played more!"

He plays more GnR songs- "He's living in the past, he should play his own stuff"

exactly.

as for GNR songs go, as long as he keeps Nightrain and Rocket Queen is all good :thumbsup:

i'm sure once the record is out we'll get new songs, it's expected, it's their album, but i hope he still keeps those from Guns, Dirty Little thing and Slither from VR are a must have. and fingers cross for Serial Killer and Crucify the Dead... it's tricky there are many songs they need to keep and they NEED to add the ones from the new album

He plays less GnR songs- "Wtf man he should've played more!"

He plays more GnR songs- "He's living in the past, he should play his own stuff"

exactly.

as for GNR songs go, as long as he keeps Nightrain and Rocket Queen is all good :thumbsup:

i'm sure once the record is out we'll get new songs, it's expected, it's their album, but i hope he still keeps those from Guns, Dirty Little thing and Slither from VR are a must have. and fingers cross for Serial Killer and Crucify the Dead... it's tricky there are many songs they need to keep and they NEED to add the ones from the new album

Serial Killer would be INSANE, that song's awesome

ok a-hole,

That's Mr. A-hole to you.

So basically you're throwing a temper tantrum because thay play ONE GnR song less than you expected. Looking back, don't you feel a tiny little bit silly now?

yea I was pissed

It might require a lot of therapy, but if you give it time I'm sure you'll be able to overcome this. It won't be easy, but you can do it!

Go fuck yourself

No thank you.

I just love civil discussion. ^_^

Edited by username

then than, the point is you know what I said

I have found people who are dumb are usually obsessed with punctuation and spelling, and if you mess up on something they are quick to call you out, it makes them feel good that they can feel special about you over something

so yes, I get then and than messed up sometimes

the point is you know what I said

I can see someone like username gets his jollies over that though

I have found people who are dumb are usually obsessed with punctuation and spelling

No, no... I'm pretty sure that more of a smart people thing.

I can see someone like username gets his jollies over that though

You're making an ass of yourself and yes - it's pretty hilarious to me.

So basically you're throwing a temper tantrum because thay play ONE GnR song less than you expected. Looking back, don't you feel a tiny little bit silly now?

a temper tantrum, who threw a temper tantrum, I was pissed because it seemed that concert was shafted compared to his others

It is not like he plays 10 GNR songs and only decided to play 9

when you really dont care for most of the other music, and you are waiting around 7 hours to hear these songs, and he decides to cut the already small amount 5 to 4, yea you feel shafted

now go F Y

a temper tantrum, who threw a temper tantrum, I was pissed because it seemed that concert was shafted compared to his others

I'd like to refer you to my original opening statement - Boo. Fucking. Hoo.

It is not like he plays 10 GNR songs and only decided to play 9

No you're right! you're so right! This isn't 9 instead of 10 but 4 instead of five. Completely different situation! I'm so sorry. You're right! BIG difference. Wow!

when you really dont care for most of the other music, and you are waiting around 7 hours to hear these songs, and he decides to cut the already small amount 5 to 4, yea you feel shafted

If you don't care for the other music maybe you shouldn't have gone in the first place. :rolleyes:

now go F Y

Why do you want me to masturbate so badly? It's a bit of a bad obsession (another GnR song Slash didn't play. Maybe you should make a thread about it)

I have found people who are dumb are usually obsessed with punctuation and spelling

No, no... I'm pretty sure that more of a smart people thing.

that more of a smart people thing, don't you mean "that's"

freaking idiot, at least when I misspell things or leave out punctuation, you know what I am saying

fucking moron you are

that more of a smart people thing, don't you mean "that's"

I do! My bad. I missed that one when I changed the original sentence. Thanks for pointing that out.

freaking idiot, at least when I misspell things or leave out punctuation, you know what I am saying

fucking moron you are

You seem angry. Is everything ok?

Edited by username

anyway I said my piece, gave my review, people like username think I do not have a right to be upset after this was the worst Slash Show from a GNR fan point of view he probably ever played

anyway go f yourselves

He's playing more GnR tunes now than he did on the VR tours, so be happy about that. I expect no more than 4-5 GnR tunes at a Slash show, honestly. I just wish they would start playing Serial Killer from the 2nd Snakepit album. I bet Myles would sound great on that.

perhaps, but most people want to hear old GNR, and playing GNR is a staple, I doubt he would get much of crowds if he did not play any GNR

like I said, based on his past set lists when he was headlining shows, this was about the worst set list he played from a GNR fan point of view

i do not want to hear old GNR he has so many new amazing song i actualy do not care if he plays only 2 or 3 odl gnr songs...you have mistaken Slash with GNR my friend ;)

I honestly don't care if he plays GnR songs..or VR for that matter.

I'm in to what he's doing as a solo artist.

Not complaining about getting some nuggets thrown in the mix..but I wouldn't miss it.

Third Slash show of the year coming up in July and I'm hoping for more new tunes in the mix.

I just dig a Slash gig...they fuckin rock!

• 2 weeks later...