Richard Fortus' new solo spot

We talked about it last night, Richard said it was just an original composition the guys thought was cool so they decided to change things up a little bit. He said it was his tribute to the band Cactus... the conversation spiralled a bit there and ended up being about the Bumblefoot song Cactus.

I'll just quote myself from the other thread:

"he should be more involved in writing new songs. For the first time since the end of the middle part of Better I hear an irregular rhythm pattern, which I enjoy being a fan of Dream Theater's music. Go Fortus!

and did I mention that the riff is HUGE! I daresay better and more complex than 90% of all GNR riffs."

We talked about it last night, Richard said it was just an original composition the guys thought was cool so they decided to change things up a little bit. He said it was his tribute to the band Cactus... the conversation spiralled a bit there and ended up being about the Bumblefoot song Cactus.

lol is he familiar with the BBF discography ?

I doubt many people know about this song...I mean, it's a hidden track on a BBF album.

I doubt many people know about this song...I mean, it's a hidden track on a BBF album.

If the company of tumbleweed is unexpected fun...you're a cactus. :D

If the company of tumbleweed is unexpected fun...you're a cactus. :D

If you're green and have no spleen....

:D :D

Hey, thanks, great quality! Did you record the whole set? Do you have TWAT recorded too?

Unfortunately no!!!!

Was a night out with my 10 year old daughter and she asked to leave during "Another Brick in the Wall" as her head was aching. The decibel level was more then she is used too!!!

She loves her GnR and AD/DC.

I intend to up that which I have tomorrow in Flac but I have to go to a cafe as I have next to Zero speed at home.

Glad you like the quality.....the rest is pretty much the same and playing away in the background here

That was really cool, Richard is really the only guy post-Slash and Izzy that I can call a "Guns N' Roses guitarist" with a straight face

I love them all, including Ashba so my opinion is kinda biased when it comes to GnR guitarists. I have a special love even for Gilby and Paul so ha! But really, even thought it bothers me that forts seems not to care if GnR ever releases anything new, he's the only current GnR member that would perfectly fit into the classic line-up. He's got the GnR attitude, alright.

Hey, thanks, great quality! Did you record the whole set? Do you have TWAT recorded too?

Unfortunately no!!!!

Was a night out with my 10 year old daughter and she asked to leave during "Another Brick in the Wall" as her head was aching. The decibel level was more then she is used too!!!

She loves her GnR and AD/DC.

I intend to up that which I have tomorrow in Flac but I have to go to a cafe as I have next to Zero speed at home.

Glad you like the quality.....the rest is pretty much the same and playing away in the background here

Oh, thats a bummer. But yeah, your daughter health comes first. :)

Still, thank you for the quality recording! :)

AWESOME, Rich! Props to him for doing this. So the other guys worked on this one, so that makes this the first song (even if instrumental) worked by the new lineup, right?

That would be Ashba's solos, no?

No, because that was Ashba only...and frankly, this one is much better. Pink Panther was the first song recorded by the new lineup while this one was the first worked by them, as Rich said they thought it sounded cool and changed it, worked on it. At least it's what I believe...

Alright, I think it deserves its own thread, to discuss it and in case someone finds better quality videos of it...

The best solo spot by any NuGnR member so far as far as I'm concerned.

Tasty, great tone, what can I say, I love it. :shrugs:

Really great solo spot, this is better than the JB theme (altough i love JB theme too). I hope Richard keep it on this tour.

The best solo spot by any NuGnR member so far as far as I'm concerned.

Completely agree. If a newgnr album released in the future, i want more Fortus contributions. This guy is very talented.