There Was A Time - Let's make it a permanent setlist staple!

Screamin' Demon

TWAT deserves to be a regular song but I have to say it's magic when they decide to play it as it's so rare, so I don't know. I'm just glad they don't forget that they can always count on this fucking beast, unlike Muse who has totally forgotten about Showbiz, Eternally Missed and many others...

Shit no. Axl sounded shit except for the 10 seconds of rasp during the whole song.

He never did that song well live and he never will.

Just like You Could Be Mine ? Well, at least TWAT would be something new. It's one of my favorites and it's the best song of CD. Many will agree with me.

Edited by marlon_brando15

Can't blame him. He's fifty, Not as fit as he used to be and that song is a bitch to sing for anyone. Still kudos to Axl for giving it a try every once in a while.

I'm hoping for Prostitute or ITW, this one was awesome:

Sorry but I disagree that this is the best version, personally I like the Osaka version from 2009?? in the red shirt & no head gear. He also gives an explanation on the writing of the song but not sure how much the Japanese understood. :rolleyes:

Riad would be CRAZY, although I'm not sure Axl's vocals would be on par. It worked to an extent in 2002 but that was with the helium voice, which he can extend longer than with rasp. He actually sang it very well in the 2002 video posted on this page. The other few videos/audio files of the live performance had him out of breath. Regardless, I personally would LOVE to hear it live. I didn't think much of the early versions of it live but loved the leaked studio version and the subsequent mixed and mastered version.

I'd love to see Riad; also TWAT and many others but I dont want them to be staples because I want them to be rotated among other songs to bring an element of freshness to the set and unpredictability. You could rotate 'rockers' in the main set, and rotate 'difficult as fuck vocally, big songs' in the encore.

Even if you dont care for Riad or Scraped, I cant imagine it not being awesome for them to break out one of those and just nail it. Or OMG, or Dont Damn Me, DTJ, the Garden (would be great for DJ Ashba, and for Frank to put His fills in over Matt's and get some recognition), or something.

I realize songs can get worn out and so can Axl (he also gets bored I think), hence rotating. I'd like to see Riad to be rotated among other 'rockers' in the main set probably, perhaps to alleviate some of the lulls that come with SOD, Better, or YCBM; and for TWAT to be rotated with CITR, IRS, Pros. and other big songs that deserve the encore placement and having a little rest for Axl beforehand so that he can rock them shits out.

Edited by Eu4ic