2012/05/20 Echo Arena, Liverpool UK

SlashLP

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't try him by throwing crap, Axl would go back to his dressing room even if he were 4 hours late lol

Hopefully he handled it well, and the show goes on without a hitch. When he was in London in 2010 the first night, he made a jokey remark about not throwing stuff because they might miss him and hit one of the lovely crew instead. Excellently handled. The Dublin affair, not so well done.

Guest RonMexico82

Going on at 11pm is asking for trouble. GNR's days of saying if you don't like it fuck off are long gone and if they keep this up they just might find that everyone has fucked off, for good.

What on earth does Axl do for all that time apart from psyching himself up

It's not just Axl. There are plenty of other people that are involved. I'd love to be there around the guys to see exactly what is happening. Maybe Axl and the guys take a while discussing the setlist or stuff like that.

jesus whining cunts - theyre going to a rock n roll gig rock n roll isr rebellion late show great fuck work call in sick book a day off thats what i do when i see gnr fuck me its been goin on years good thank god for axl last rock hero alive you go to guns you know what your in for

I honestly would welcome the extra time they take to go on. It would give me more time to soak in the atmosphere. For some, it could be a once in a lifetime opportunity with the economy the way it is. I can't wait for a US Tour.

Edited by iftheworld

jesus whining cunts - theyre going to a rock n roll gig rock n roll isr rebellion late show great fuck work call in sick book a day off thats what i do when i see gnr fuck me its been goin on years good thank god for axl last rock hero alive you go to guns you know what your in for

I do agree, but you've got to remember that there's also somethings you can't take a day off for. Parental duties for instance

Say what you want about rock n' roll and fucking the establishment, the majority of people can't afford to just 'pull a sicky' in a country that's stuck in recession and devoid of job opportunities for the majority.

While I have nothing on the next day on Wednesday night, I know there'll be plenty of people there who have work the next day. They don't turn up 3 hours late for their job and claim it's all in the name of rock n roll, so Axl's late starts, although familiar, will never cease to be disrespectful not to the establishment but to the friends and fans who turn up for these tours, who pay their hard money to see the band they love.

If there's a genuine reason for it then I'm all for hearing it, but to be honest it just seems to be a tired old cliche of late=badass. Yawn.

Guest RonMexico82

Most of the audience these days is casual fans and middle aged fans with young families and careers. Axl might not have changed but the audience has.

I do agree, but you've got to remember that there's also somethings you can't take a day off for. Parental duties for instance

Well, if you're a parent, maybe you shouldn't be going to concerts in the first place if it's going to effect the kids.

You know what's funny? I predict when Guns will go on when the fans start to boo lol. Watch. They'll be on shortly and everyone will stop booing.

You've predicted what happens at every show. Good for you.

You took that way to personally. That was a joke although, you can actually base when they'll come on after the crowd starts booing.

Personally, I think there is too much booze going around, and not enough drugs.

Edited by iftheworld

Well, if you're a parent, maybe you shouldn't be going to concerts in the first place if it's going to effect the kids.

:crazy: :crazy: :thumbsdown::rofl-lol: