2012/05/20 Echo Arena, Liverpool UK

SlashLP

jesus whining cunts - theyre going to a rock n roll gig rock n roll isr rebellion late show great fuck work call in sick book a day off thats what i do when i see gnr fuck me its been goin on years good thank god for axl last rock hero alive you go to guns you know what your in for

I do agree, but you've got to remember that there's also somethings you can't take a day off for. Parental duties for instance

Well, if you're a parent, maybe you shouldn't be going to concerts in the first place if it's going to effect the kids.

I have kids, I also have relatives that are keeping them over night on the understanding it's going to be late. Without them I wouldn't go.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus whining cunts - theyre going to a rock n roll gig rock n roll isr rebellion late show great fuck work call in sick book a day off thats what i do when i see gnr fuck me its been goin on years good thank god for axl last rock hero alive you go to guns you know what your in for

I do agree, but you've got to remember that there's also somethings you can't take a day off for. Parental duties for instance

Well, if you're a parent, maybe you shouldn't be going to concerts in the first place if it's going to effect the kids.

Or maybe Axl should respect that his audience have lives outside of the concert and don't want to be waiting around for him to get on stage. For me, i'm just a student, I don't give a shit waiting and not getting home until 3/4am, but other people have things to do the next day and they should be able to go see their favourite band and not have to book time off work, or have it effecting other areas of their life. Other bands have no problem getting on stage at a reasonable hour.

Guest RonMexico82

The hardcore fans are in the minority at the gigs. That's what happens when you do a disappearing act for a decade and realise one album since 1994. You become a greatest hits nostalgia band and your audience changes.

I have kids, I also have relatives that are keeping them over night on the understanding it's going to be late. Without them I wouldn't go.

That's good. You got it covered. I'm not saying parents shouldn't go to concerts. I'm saying if you can't get the kids covered, then maybe you shouldn't go. It's called being a parent.

Or maybe Axl should respect that his audience have lives outside of the concert and don't want to be waiting around for him to get on stage. For me, i'm just a student, I don't give a shit waiting and not getting home until 3/4am, but other people have things to do the next day and they should be able to go see their favourite band and not have to book time off work, or have it effecting other areas of their life. Other bands have no problem getting on stage at a reasonable hour.

+1

Hopefully everything stays cool from here on, we get a great setlist and nothing else gets thrown. Hopefully.

Honestly i see both sides of the argument... but after all these years why are people surprised that Axl is late? I took my son to see GnR in Orlando he was 9 at the time, i was fully aware of what would happen and prepped him and brought is DSI video game to pass the time. He made it to the first encore then was too tired and his mom took him back to the hotel. I stayed until the end.

Honestly i see both sides of the argument... but after all these years why are people surprised that Axl is late? I took my son to see GnR in Orlando he was 9 at the time, i was fully aware of what would happen and prepped him and brought is DSI video game to pass the time. He made it to the first encore then was too tired and his mom took him back to the hotel. I stayed until the end.

You see, I agree, by now people should know that Axl goes on late and if you can't deal with that then maybe you shouldn't go. However, that doesn't absolve Axl from blame and should do more to get on stage prompt and respect his fans.

Guest RonMexico82

Greatest hits fans don't pay attention to stuff like that. What's accepted as common knowledge here is not the case in the real world.

You see, I agree, by now people should know that Axl goes on late and if you can't deal with that then maybe you shouldn't go. However, that doesn't absolve Axl from blame and should do more to get on stage prompt and respect his fans.

True.

The thing is, the concerts start pretty late to begin with.

I went to the Denver show and the ticket said 9pm for the opening act. That's already pretty late, but you knew that when you bought the ticket.

Most of the audience these days is casual fans and middle aged fans with young families and careers. Axl might not have changed but the audience has.

This

I personally don't mind if Axl late. The last time when i saw them, i wait 3 hours for the GNR show. Drink more beers, get half-drunk, make friends etc, but the major audience is not like me.

LikeRonMexico said: Axl might not have changed but the audience has.

But throwing things to the stage not helps the situation.

use it or lose it

Guest RonMexico82

You'd be surprised at the amount of "fans" that barely know more than Sweet Child O' Mine that attend these shows.

It continues to astound me that 'fans' of GNR don't know Axl Rose might be late... :crazy:

Not everyone has hundreds of posts on a fan forum like you or I though. Many know the band only for their biggest moments, so have bought a ticket to enjoy the ride and see how things panned out. I agree that for us it's almost second nature and the wait is nothing to me, having seen 2 GN'R shows in the past and being used to the wait; to the casual fan who perhaps isn't so aware though, having to deal with a 3 hour wait then possibly getting home in the early hours of the morning before work just isn't fair on someone who only wants to see a band play some kickass tunes. It's not like the going on late improves the show or whatever, all it does is prolong the wait and increase the chances of rowdiness and fan suffering.

It continues to astound me that 'fans' of GNR don't know Axl Rose might be late... :crazy:

Not everyone has hundreds of posts on a fan forum like you or I though. Many know the band only for their biggest moments, so have bought a ticket to enjoy the ride and see how things panned out. I agree that for us it's almost second nature and the wait is nothing to me, having seen 2 GN'R shows in the past and being used to the wait; to the casual fan who perhaps isn't so aware though, having to deal with a 3 hour wait then possibly getting home in the early hours of the morning before work just isn't fair on someone who only wants to see a band play some kickass tunes. It's not like the going on late improves the show or whatever, all it does is prolong the wait and increase the chances of rowdiness and fan suffering.

I like you. Want a hug?