GNR Metro arena Newcastle gig

UK SUBS

Guys, official thread first up.

Second, my hometown gig (GNR have only played there once before, you may recall some twat kept on throwing coins and Axl walked after Nightrain), 2006. Anyway, problem with my Iphone and I cant update, dont want get get slaughted in terms of "OMGAWD, New adman not updating!!!" Anyone who can do updates?

If not, my mates phone will be stolen before the concert :P

Setlist

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Roquet Queen

Estranged

Better

Richard Fortus solo

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Motivation

Dizzy Reed solo

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Dj Solo

Sweet Child O Mine

Wall

November Rain

Glad To Be Here

Don't Cry

Civil War

Knocking On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Encore :

Madagascar

Rosie

Patience

Paradise City

Edited by gunsguy

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second, my hometown gig (GNR have only played there once before, you may recall some twat kept on throwing coins and Axl walked after Nightrain), 2006.

Hahaha! I was at that show! Fucking wankers! :lol:

Second, my hometown gig (GNR have only played there once before, you may recall some twat kept on throwing coins and Axl walked after Nightrain), 2006.

Hahaha! I was at that show! Fucking wankers! :lol:

My mate is a HUGE U2 fan, only likes the GNR hits - Great day, few beers down the Quayside, concert, ....anyway he moaned and moaned and moaned all night about Axl, etc... He was doing my fucking head in and all he said all day was "At least I'll get to finally hear Paradise City" !!:ph34r::laugh:

My mate is a HUGE U2 fan, only likes the GNR hits - Great day, few beers down the Quayside, concert, ....anyway he moaned and moaned and moaned all night about Axl, etc... He was doing my fucking head in and all he said all day was "At least I'll get to finally hear Paradise City" !!:ph34r::laugh:

I've been gutted about that for the last six years and now the knowledge that it pissed just one U2 fan off makes it all better! :lol: Fuckin' hell Subsy why didn't you tell me this years ago? :laugh:

I've been gutted about that for the last six years and now the knowledge that it pissed just one U2 fan off makes it all better! :lol: Fuckin' hell Subsy why didn't you tell me this years ago? :laugh:

....he never asked me to go this year?:huh:

Shit major derail - Updates!

Second, my hometown gig (GNR have only played there once before, you may recall some twat kept on throwing coins and Axl walked after Nightrain), 2006. Anyway, problem with my Iphone and I cant update, dont want get get slaughted in terms of "OMGAWD, New adman not updating!!!" Anyone who can do updates?

If not, my mates phone will be stolen before the concert :P

Don't worry about updates - seriously - its not like it is a live football game and people are keen to know the score. The emphasis on setlist updates are not necessary. While I

must admit I do often follow them and appreciate people's efforts and especially their own personal reviews of the show I reckon just go and have a fuckin' good time mate!

:)

I'm going to this too. I live in Gateshead so it's my local. Was a Newcastle 06 and Gateshead 93. Really looking forward to this. Can do updates but don't really want to as I'll be right at the front enjoying the show! No beer for me as I can't stand for that length of time and not need to visit the toilets!

I'm going to this too. I live in Gateshead so it's my local. Was a Newcastle 06 and Gateshead 93. Really looking forward to this. Can do updates but don't really want to as I'll be right at the front enjoying the show! No beer for me as I can't stand for that length of time and not need to visit the toilets!

Gateshead was '92 mate, Soundgarden and FNM? Was there too...

Great news on possible updates but dont worry if you cant - ENJOY :thumbsup:

Yeah '92 doesn't time fly. Remember the cup being thrown at Duff who offered the guy out on stage? The guy tried his hardest to get on the stage mind! Please none of this on Wednesday...

God yeah, didnt Axl say something like "He's not drank anything for a week and he's not happy" was in the middle of My Michelle. Ironically, if you recall, it was no-where near a sell out (loads of empty seats) and this was their peak - goes to show, EVEN then...... Anyway, have a fab night

Was also at the Newky gig back in '06, seem to remember Axl was on absolutely blinding form before things went tits up. Here's hoping they're on all cylinders again come Wednesday, got that familiar itch that comes before a GN'R show...

I know this is a little off topic, but I've always been amused by the expression, "tits up". I never get to hear that used being from the US, though :D

Anyway, I hope you all have a great show.

Ali

Should be another great show, so far been to Dublin and Nottingham already on this tour, and the band are indeed tight as ever. I also dig hearing Massive Attack - Splitting The Atom, as the intro music, it has really grown on me, set's up CD really well. I've got some really mint HD videos from the shows I attended, but youtube is taking forever in uploading them, so when I get back from Newcastle I might try Dailymotion.

If anyone wants to meet up for a beer, just PM me on here or post in the thread. ;)

Don't know if anyone is planning on driving up the A1 to get to the show but from Washington services up to the Newcastle turn off has seen delays of around 1 hour the last few days. Personally I would take the A194 off from Washington heading towards the Tyne tunnel, left at Whitemere roundabout and along the Felling bypass and over the Tyne Bridge.

Edit - Just thought, could someone let Axl know :thumbsup:

Edited by cc4rhu

Don't know if anyone is planning on driving up the A1 to get to the show but from Washington services up to the Newcastle turn off has seen delays of around 1 hour the last few days. Personally I would take the A194 off from Washington heading towards the Tyne tunnel, left at Whitemere roundabout and along the Felling bypass and over the Tyne Bridge.

He's already in newcastle ;)

Some guy tweeted he went into his shop and he made him a bloody mary and had to explain to Axl what custard was? rofl-lol.gif

Wow, really appreciate the honest help you're trying to give but fuck me...out of the fire into the frying pan springs to mind! Felling by-Pass and the Tyne Bridge at rush hour? Personally speaking, leave 30 minutes earlier and stick it out (A1) but yeah, see what you're saying.