AXL ROSE Falls On Stage In Liverpool

gnr2012

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174288&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose fell last night (Sunday, May 20) while leaving the stage after performing the final song of the band's set in Liverpool, England. Axl was apparently walking backwards and waving the crowd goodbye after the group finished playing "Paradise City" at the Echo Arena and tripped on what appeared to be either a piece of equipment or a set of steps that led from the main floor to the drum-riser floor.

Two separate fan-filmed video clips capturing the incident from different angles can be seen below.

As previously reported, Rose underwent treatment for a suspected hematoma (a collection of blood outside of a blood vessel) after bruising his leg in Russia earlier in the month.

Guest Broskirose

Ooh, can I be the first to make the obscure "I've fallen and I can't get up" reference? Anybody remember those ads for lifecall?

Sorry

I've fallen...and I can't get up!!!

Ooh, can I be the first to make the obscure "I've fallen and I can't get up" reference? Anybody remember those ads for lifecall?

Sorry

I've fallen...and I can't get up!!!

You are correct! Tippin was the first. I dunno how in the hell I missed that. /embarrassed

However at least I helped give context to his quote for the younger fans out there who may not have gotten the reference.

Can't believe DJ just turned around and walked straight past him! Haha, what a joker... You see your lead singer lying on the ground when you know he's buggered his leg, and you just jump over him, presumably to rush for another Jaeger and Monster Energy! Only in GNR...

:rolleyes:

Haha, that was hilarious, what an idiot

He's an idiot for falling?

Exactly RQ, he was walking backward waving to the crowd when he tripped & took a nasty fall this time. I wouldn't call him an idiot & I wouldn't call this time funny. :angry:

Last time no doubt when falling from the table he had time to brace himself but this time it took him by surprise & is the last thing he needed with an already dodgy leg (which he landed on). Also a good example of why they don't need liquids thrown on stage as there are already enough cables etc to trip on.

Roky I'm all for laughing at people doing silly things but this time wasn't funny, I think RQ & I can see this is a bad fall which could have resulted in serious injury.

If you watched both these clips & saw the damaged leg he has already & still think it's "hilarious" then maybe you're the idiot dry.gif

You have an extended version of the video where you can actually see DJ walk past him or just the same video that we've all seen in which it doesn't happen ?

You can see it in the second video in the first post of the thread. It seems DJ walks past Axl as the security is already helping him get back up, so it's not like Axl falls down and DJ just steps over him and leave him there though.

You have an extended version of the video where you can actually see DJ walk past him or just the same video that we've all seen in which it doesn't happen ?

From what I can see DJ walks towards him but has to jump up on the stairs as he can't get around him lying on the ground - then the lights go off.

Doesn't look to me that he walks past him.