GNR this year

PITBOSS

Since most of us saw them in 2011(some in 2010 as well), if they come to your area this year, will you go?

For me I'm on the fence, I just saw them in December. I'm considering seeing Slash because I never have seen him live.

What would make you want to go more? New songs, new old songs? new members? old members? different opening act? more pyro? Axl doing the old style dance?

I think for me some more older songs to make a different concert would work, but i would prefer some new ones. Then i would gladly go see it.

Your thoughts....

As I said in the "do you love what GnR has done this year thread"

I'm not pleased with the constant cycle of rumors/touring/nothing/touring/rumors, but because im obsessed with this band, I'd absolutely go see them again.

I actually just bought tickets today for Slash in Boston in August at the House of Blues, I saw him twice in VR and last year on his solo tour, but I'm pumped to see him again, puts on a great show, not to mention GA Floor Tix for his show are $45 cheaper than my floor tix to GnR in Worcester back in November

Edited by GunsNRevolvers2

I would not go. I've seen this show too many times, and am bored with it to be honest. I'm not even gonna buy the pay per view stream that is coming up (i did buy all of the previous ones).

But if they switched up the setlist, i'd be first in line for tickets. This isn't difficult and I don't know why they are so resistant... they need to drop the stupid covers (all of them), and still play the "core" hits for the casual fan, but have 5 or 6 positions in the setlist where they swap songs from UYI, CD, and new songs. This would be easy to do, and the setlist would seem like something different each night.

Of course I'd go. There was a time when I thought I'd never get the chance to see them live at all and even though I've seen them four times since then, I'd go again. I don't think I'd pass the chance because unlike some people, I'm quite happy hearing the songs live even if the setlist hasn't changed that much.

But if they switched up the setlist, i'd be first in line for tickets. This isn't difficult and I don't know why they are so resistant... they need to drop the stupid covers (all of them), and still play the "core" hits for the casual fan, but have 5 or 6 positions in the setlist where they swap songs from UYI, CD, and new songs. This would be easy to do, and the setlist would seem like something different each night.

Most fans attending the shows aren't interested in a rotating setlist, they just want to be sure to hear the hits and couldn't care less if the setlist is fixed or not, and they prefer a well-known or hard-hitting cover with an energetic band more than some more obscure and half-hearted GN'R songs (Axl himself has said that he uses the AC/DC covers to charge himself). With these things in mind I believe the current setlists (and they changes slightly all the time) serve the mission quite perfectly.

Most fans attending the shows aren't interested in a rotating setlist, they just want to be sure to hear the hits and couldn't care less if the setlist is fixed or not, and they prefer a well-known or hard-hitting cover with an energetic band more than some more obscure and half-hearted GN'R songs (Axl himself has said that he uses the AC/DC covers to charge himself). With these things in mind I believe the current setlists (and they changes slightly all the time) serve the mission quite perfectly.

thanks for your thoughts, but you've posted the same thing 32904872389748932749823748790324978234 times on this forum, and the question was "What would make you want to go more?" NOT "what do most fans attending the show want." now shouldn't you be getting back to your homework or somethign?

Since most of us saw them in 2011(some in 2010 as well), if they come to your area this year, will you go?

For me I'm on the fence, I just saw them in December. I'm considering seeing Slash because I never have seen him live.

What would make you want to go more? New songs, new old songs? new members? old members? different opening act? more pyro? Axl doing the old style dance?

I think for me some more older songs to make a different concert would work, but i would prefer some new ones. Then i would gladly go see it.

Your thoughts....

i'm a fan of the original chinese democracy band. i'd consider seeing the current version if axl plays new "unheard" guns n roses songs 2 be featured on the next chinese democracy record. the continued songs from robin, bucket, and brain. if i knew in advance this would happen....i'd never miss a show. no matter where the show was. i'd travel wherever if i knew this would happen.

Edited by finck6

I was the same as you and thought about giving this round of touring a miss.

Do not do it!!!

Go see them. They're on fire at the moment. I had a really excellent night, lots of fun,

and now have some great memories.

I would go see GNR everynight If I could.

Someday, if I have the luck, I'll literally watch every concert of a leg of a GnR tour. The next tour, if they pass by South America, I'll be sure to do this.

I would go see GNR everynight If I could.

This.

I don't know why people don't understand it.shrugs.gif