What do you think is the most Spinal Tap moment of the whole Chinese Democracy Tour?

Randy Lahey

What do you think is the most Spinal Tap moment of the whole Chinese Democracy Tour? The fans wanting models removed from the front row is right up there for me, but Axl canceling a show due to Draconian Fire Marshalls is probably still my number 1.

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you referring to the aborted comeback tour in 2002, the completed comeback tour in 06-07 or the touring that's occurred since the release of the album? Simply

Have you ever considered focusing your energy on more productive things than trolling forums of a band you don't like anymore?

I'm referring to the whole tour that started in 2002 and has continued on to present day.

And I resent you calling me a cupcake. I'm probably one of the biggest A. Rose fans on this board. Nobody has started more threads about New GNR music than me, and I've also gone to 6 shows all over North America, including Hammerstein 1 in New York and Axl's epic return to Montreal in 2010.

Randy -

The tour that started in 2002 was cancelled before completion and ended in 2002. It did not continue to even 2003, let alone to present day. Only a cupcake would say otherwise.

Starting threads is not an indication one way or the other of someone being a fan. That is very faulty logic. The type of logic a cupcake would use.

Attending shows is not proof that someone is not a cupcake. Again, very faulty logic. The type of logic a cupcake would use.

So again I say, the guests that were given free passes to party with the band were not in the front row, so any fans wanting them removed from the front row would have to have been misinformed fans as you can't remove people from an area they were never in.

I also fail to see what is odd about cancelling a show after the fire marshalls inform you that the building is too small to handle the production of your show.

I bet you're a riot at parties! facepalm.gif

MSL, this thread is supposed to be fun. Axl himself would probably laugh at some of the ridiculous things that have gone on over the years during the Chinese Democracy Tour. I met the man himself, and I can tell you the dude had a really great sense of humor.

Edited by Randy Lahey

MSL, this thread is supposed to be fun. Axl himself would probably laugh at some of the ridiculous things that have gone on over the years during the Chinese Democracy Tour. I met the man himself, and I can tell you the dude had a really great sense of humor.

Have you ever met "that guy" in a bar who just refuses to be wrong about anything even when he is? Y' know the dude who'll spend half his time on google mobile just to prove a point to people who really didn't care that much in the first place?

I've not met many people who like "that" dude very much and he tends to spend most of his time drinking on his own in the corner or playing on the quiz machines. Anyhoo, back on topic. :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Have you ever met "that guy" in a bar who just refuses to be wrong about anything even when he is? Y' know the dude who'll spend half his time on google mobile just to prove a point to people who really didn't care that much in the first place?

I've not met many people who like "that" dude very much and he tends to spend most of his time drinking on his own in the corner or playing on the quiz machines. Anyhoo, back on topic. :lol:

MSL didn't used to be like this. It's almost as if Ali has taken over all of MSL's GNR forum accounts.

Edited by Randy Lahey

MSL didn't used to be like this. It's almost as if Ali has taken over all of MSL's GNR forum accounts.

MSL is trying to publically convince people that he is very 'Pro-Axl' these days in an attempt to trade his pretend jump drive info for things that other fans pretend to have. He doesn't want to be known as "that guy" who is going to leak material, anymore. If there is anyone who actually does have something - and they are naive enough to believe that he has something - his little ploy just may work.

Edited by bringbackadler

MSL is trying to publically convince people that he is very 'Pro-Axl' these days in an attempt to trade his pretend jump drive info for things that other fans pretend to have. He doesn't want to be known as "that guy" who is going to leak material, anymore. If there is anyone who actually does have something - and they are naive enough to believe that he has something - his little ploy just may work.

All assumptions on your part.

Except Ali is respectful and does not talk down to the people he is debating..................

Except Ali is respectful and does not talk down to the people he is debating..................

This ^^^^^ Ali is a rabid Axl fan but he never comes across as conceited, sanctimonious or up himself.

I agree. I mentioned Ali because MSL has incorporated Ali's Axl's lawyer gimmick into his new posting style.

Back on topic....

I think Ron's stormtrooper helmet backfire was hilarious.

That was pretty funny.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Axl's HOF letter was actually very Spinal Tap-ish, right down to Duff's "Hello Cleveland".

Could also say the hints from the GNR Twitter feed that never amount to anything, like the innuendo about "Oh My God" in K.C. that ended up with pretty much the same setlist as every other night.

But really, the winner is that the tour itself has gone on from 2001 to 2012, when the album wasn't actually released until 2008 and several of the principal writers and players on the record last performed with the band in '02.

MSL - I like your posts but this topic is not serious, a touch of humor doesn't hurt.

I think the best time is: "Get that guy outta here!. That guy right there. ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME MISTER SECURITY MAN?! That guy, GONE! ........ Yeah, throw him! ........ Hand me That shirt. Hand me That shirt! ..... thank you. Ya get nothin 'for nothin' If that's what ya do Turn around bitch I got a use for you BESIDES YOU IS NOT GOT NOTHING BETTER TO DO AND IM BORED!!!!

To me I've always had a soft spot for the Leeds Festival rant. That was back in the day when Axl still had the star power to get away with shit like that. Also it was quite amusing when he tried to pull the same shit at Reading a couple of years back and found out to his cost that people weren't going to put up with it anymore. :lol:

To me I've always had a soft spot for the Leeds Festival rant. That was back in the day when Axl still had the star power to get away with shit like that. Also it was quite amusing when he tried to pull the same shit at Reading a couple of years back and found out to his cost that people weren't going to put up with it anymore. :lol:

Yeah, the sit down protest at Reading was hilarious.