Fans infuriated after two-hour wait for Guns N' Roses Liverpool gig

BBA

Guns N' Roses fans were left furious when the band took to the stage more than two hours late at a concert in Liverpool.

Frontman Axl Rose was pelted with a plastic pint of liquid during the band's second song Welcome To The Jungle - despite suffering from a leg injury.

Angry fans blasted the rocker as "arrogant" as he left them waiting until 11pm before taking to the stage at the city's ECHO Arena on Sunday.

The delay prompted many audience members to leave before the set began to catch their last trains home.

Rose, 50, was booed and jeered by fans when he came onto the stage and during the set, which did not finish until 2am.

The ECHO Arena holds a round-the-clock-licence, meaning that the band were allowed to finish their set in the early hours of Monday morning.

Fan Steven Phillips, 33, did not manage to get home until 2am

The dad-of-two said: "The doors opened at 6.30pm but they did not come on until 11pm. People were starting to chant derogatory comments and boo.

"The band were unbelievable, but just for the arrogance - to come walking on with no explanation - I think it was disgraceful.

"I have two kids and my wife was going spare. I have spent my life going to concerts. I went to see Paul McCartney and he came on stage on time."

Fan Alun Matthews, 25, added: "It makes no logistical sense to start so late as there was only one support band.

"Obviously they could've fit in another decent band in that time which would've been better, especially considering the ticket price.

"After about 50 minutes sections of the crowd were whistling, booing and throwing objects onto the stage."

This is not the first time the band have turned up late on this tour.

Earlier in the month they turned up an hour and a half late to their show at Dublin's O2 Arena, and were more than two hours late to a concert at Moscow's Stadium Live.

http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/local-news/1216187-fan-fury-at-two-hour-wait-for-guns-n%5C-roses-liverpool-gig.html

Edited by bringbackadler

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are fucking dumb. There's an opening act, it's not GNR coming on two hours late if that two hours includes an opening act. Jesus...

GNR comes on 2 hours after the opening act has ended.

Not on the club dates. It's probably because of the magnitude of the production - pyro, etc.

Can't his entourage take away his time pieces and convince him to believe he's going on at 11:00 when it's really 8:00? He's in a different time zone, and may not be able to tell anyway.

Fucking brilliant ................. Beta , Fernando , Del , Vanessa , .........Dizzy if your reading try it ! lol thumbsup.gif

People are fucking dumb. There's an opening act, it's not GNR coming on two hours late if that two hours includes an opening act. Jesus...

^ MSL - here's your answer.

We waited an hour and a half to two hours in Orlando after the shitty opening act ended. Please don't act surprised by Axl's unprofessionalism. It's very well documented and tired.

Would someone who went to the show be kind enough to let us know what time the last opening act finished their set and what time GNR took the stage? Thanks.

Someone from the Liverpool update thread said 80 mins.

I waited an hour in Denver & Omaha.

Edited by packersnroses

Would someone who went to the show be kind enough to let us know what time the last opening act finished their set and what time GNR took the stage? Thanks.

i was reading a concert review thin lizzy was supposed to go on at 7:30 but didnt get on stage until 8:30 played to 9:40 and gnr got on at 10:56.

"Shocking review of a great gig. They are always late on, everyone knows that. Thin Lizzy were meant to be on at 7.30, by the way, as Black Spiders were pulled leaving the earlier slot, but they didn't come on stage til nealry 8.30, and played til 9.40. It was always going to be an hour minimum from support to lead act, so 10.56 wasn't actually so bad ."

Read More http://www.liverpool.../#ixzz1vebmPbSi

Edited by bran

Not on the club dates. It's probably because of the magnitude of the production - pyro, etc.

Hell, they came on what...45 minutes if even that after the Last Vegas finished in Philly?

Guns N' Roses fans were left furious when the band took to the stage more than two hours late at a concert in Liverpool.

Frontman Axl Rose was pelted with a plastic pint of liquid during the band's second song Welcome To The Jungle - despite suffering from a leg injury.

Angry fans blasted the rocker as "arrogant" as he left them waiting until 11pm before taking to the stage at the city's ECHO Arena on Sunday.

The delay prompted many audience members to leave before the set began to catch their last trains home.

Rose, 50, was booed and jeered by fans when he came onto the stage and during the set, which did not finish until 2am.

The ECHO Arena holds a round-the-clock-licence, meaning that the band were allowed to finish their set in the early hours of Monday morning.

Fan Steven Phillips, 33, did not manage to get home until 2am

The dad-of-two said: "The doors opened at 6.30pm but they did not come on until 11pm. People were starting to chant derogatory comments and boo.

"The band were unbelievable, but just for the arrogance - to come walking on with no explanation - I think it was disgraceful.

"I have two kids and my wife was going spare. I have spent my life going to concerts. I went to see Paul McCartney and he came on stage on time."

Fan Alun Matthews, 25, added: "It makes no logistical sense to start so late as there was only one support band.

"Obviously they could've fit in another decent band in that time which would've been better, especially considering the ticket price.

"After about 50 minutes sections of the crowd were whistling, booing and throwing objects onto the stage."

This is not the first time the band have turned up late on this tour.

Earlier in the month they turned up an hour and a half late to their show at Dublin's O2 Arena, and were more than two hours late to a concert at Moscow's Stadium Live.

http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/local-news/1216187-fan-fury-at-two-hour-wait-for-guns-n%5C-roses-liverpool-gig.html

The problem i have with a write up like this is the false expectation of an early start time. All 3 shows ive been to since Oct. the workers at the venue all knew around the time the show would start and were correct in most cases. Im not sure who's to blame but I am sure GnR is not saying they will be on at 9:00 at this point if that were the case what promoter would book them? and what arena would allow them to play?

no, man, it's axl and you know it.

no, man, it's axl and you know it.

Coulda sworn the bloke with the mustache that I met in Philly was Axl. Musta been someone else who blew my mind for 3.5 hours. My mistake.

Seriously, though: an hour was about as long as anyone had to wait at a club gig on the UCAP tour. Look at all the pyro they use for the full stadium show. I think a 2hr wait to avoid a Metallica-like accident is just fine.

^ MSL - here's your answer.

We waited an hour and a half to two hours in Orlando after the shitty opening act ended. Please don't act surprised by Axl's unprofessionalism. It's very well documented and tired.

I have waited two hours before, but I've also waited one hour way more than I've waited two hours.

Thanks to other posters in this thread, we now know the wait was actually 76 minutes, not 120 minutes.

That's a fairly significant difference.

Thank you to those that presented facts in this thread.

FACTS - They're not just for court rooms!

I don't see how even a 76 minute wait (and we know he's been plenty later than that other times) is deemed acceptable. I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for anybody. Of all the concerts I've ever been to, big or small, I've never seen an act keep people waiting for no good reason. There's just no justification for it. I don't think it's fair to say "people should know by now"......a lot of people don't know, and frankly they shouldn't have to make allowances for Axl's bizarre behavior. Their money is going into his pocket.

I know it's a psychological issue with him, because no matter how many people have tried to reason with him, no matter how many times he's been fined, he keeps doing it.

Rose, 50, was booed and jeered by fans when he came onto the stage and during the set,

violin.gifMaybe, but .....

the set, which did not finish until 2am.

Axl gave those who wanted it and deserved it a 3 hr show thumbsup.gif

These kind of negative articles are for GunNFNRoses, not here.

Axl will always be late, it's the way he is. Yes, it is unprofessional, but there's nothing that will make Axl change what he's been doing since the late 80's.

Atleast they play for 3 hours where most bands today play for an hour and a half or shorter.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

LOL @ "infuriated"

Another boring cupcake thread by BBA. Kind of funny to see all the banned people who were relegated to gunsnfnroses.com come crawling back with the ownership change. Anyway, this topic is beyond boring. They've actually done a better job of getting on stage within an hour or so of the opening act recently, but Axl has always been late, always will be, no amount of complaining about it is going to change it. What I don't understand is why the venues don't just list GnR's stage start time as 10:30 on tickets; seems it would alleviate a lot of this conversation

Edited by shotgunblues1978