Fans infuriated after two-hour wait for Guns N' Roses Liverpool gig

BBA

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. England is known for their tabloids so this "article' has no value.

Clearly you know nothing about either the English press, nor critical reading.

If The Sun prints an article tomorrow stating that the sun will rise, then that makes it false right?

Let's be honest, the British tabloid press seriously sucks. Some of the shit they write is so out there and couldn't be further from the truth. Not talking about the regular British press, only the tabloid press.

The British tabloid press has CNN status to some people when convenient :rolleyes:

Let's be honest, the British tabloid press seriously sucks. Some of the shit they write is so out there and couldn't be further from the truth. Not talking about the regular British press, only the tabloid press.

The British tabloid press has CNN status to some people when convenient :rolleyes:

Who is "some people"?

People are fucking dumb. There's an opening act, it's not GNR coming on two hours late if that two hours includes an opening act. Jesus...

GNR comes on 2 hours after the opening act has ended.

Even in North America, everyone complains about this happening, and not in every case that is actually what happened. I've read reviews of shows I've actually been at where they complain about a 2 hour delay - shows where in reality it was a 40 minute break between bands.

People are fucking dumb. There's an opening act, it's not GNR coming on two hours late if that two hours includes an opening act. Jesus...

GNR comes on 2 hours after the opening act has ended.

Even in North America, everyone complains about this happening, and not in every case that is actually what happened. I've read reviews of shows I've actually been at where they complain about a 2 hour delay - shows where in reality it was a 40 minute break between bands.

Yeah, this happened with the show I attended in 2010 as well.

No, I'm afraid it wouldn't solve anything because sometimes the band goes on early, so the audience would still have to meet up early, too, to be sure not to miss anything in case the band was on time. In addition, if the ticket said that the gig probably wouldn't start untill 23:00, Axl would probably start to go on even later. Axl hasn't got a problem with going on at 21:00, you see, Axl has got a problem with going on at the appointed time. It is his rebellious nature, not his biological rhythm, that is at work here.

Oh for god sake stop swinging on the guy's nuts! Of course it would solve the problem by simply giving people a heads up that the show MIGHT not start until eleven. That way at least nobody can say they weren't warned and would have no reason to complain. Hahaha, the thing with people like you is that if they did let people know about it and as a result Axl decided not to come on until 2am you'd still be fawning over him and creaming yourself about how rock n roll it all was! Dear god man it's simple common courtesy! People usually learn that when they grow up.

Edited by Dazey

Who is "some people"?

Some people using all possible ways inside the forum rules to bring the mood down around here, start controversy, etc... It's not you

lol people need to grow a pair of big sweaty balls.

everyone knows axl won't play on time. entertain yourseld. go fuck a chick in the restrooms while you wait.

Yeah but what am I supposed to do for the other hour and 58 minutes?

lol

big rockey treats his women good. i last much longer. even if they are dumb sluts lol

Who is "some people"?

Some people using all possible ways inside the forum rules to bring the mood down around here, start controversy, etc... It's not you

Oh okay, gotcha :)

Guess Axl could adapt the verse to also include British press on it....

"And that goes for all of you punks in the press

That want to start **** by printin' lies instead of the things we said

That means you andy secher at hit parader, circus magazine

Mick wall at kerrang, bob guccione jr. at spin

What you pissed off 'cause your dad gets more ***** than you?

**** you! suck my ****in' ****!

Guess Axl could adapt the verse to also include British press on it....

"And that goes for all of you punks in the press

That want to start **** by printin' lies instead of the things we said

That means you andy secher at hit parader, circus magazine

Mick wall at kerrang, bob guccione jr. at spin

What you pissed off 'cause your dad gets more ***** than you?

**** you! suck my ****in' ****!

that would sure show them. assuming they could hear him over the deafening clap of a tree falling in the empty woods.

If people don't know by now that Axl comes on around 11:00pm every night, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Then again, there's only so much a person can do if they were born really stupid.

So would it be proper to show up at 11.00 on the basis of Axl showing up normally at that time?

Can't his entourage take away his time pieces and convince him to believe he's going on at 11:00 when it's really 8:00? He's in a different time zone, and may not be able to tell anyway.

or simply state on the ticket(s):

Axl should take to stage between 11 and 12 O'clock. If you find that an issue you can F?!* OFF

Axl should take to stage between 11 and 12 O'clock. If you find that an issue STAY HOME

Edited by vaida

The problem with stating beforehand on the ticket websites/promotion for the gigs that if GN'R started their 2 hour show "around 11pm" hardly anyone would go because they'd know they couldn't get their last train/tube/bus home.

So currently, GN'R gets fully paid even if up to half of the audience leave early because of the late start. Pretty terrible if you think about it.

I still don't get how people don't know Axl goes on late. If you want to stand in General Admission you have to be in it for the long haul.

When you're up front, you clearly see people know what's coming. It's the "casual" fan who complains the most. That's why I think it'd be a great idea for them to put it on the tickets.

2am is late? In 2010 in Rio they started 2am and finished almost 5am.

Is that good for you? Stop complain. You are lucky. Ha!

Don´t you guys get tired of complain about something that will never gonna change?!

Sorry for my english. :heart:

Edited by ThisILoveAxlRose

Can't his entourage take away his time pieces and convince him to believe he's going on at 11:00 when it's really 8:00? He's in a different time zone, and may not be able to tell anyway.

or simply state on the ticket(s):

Axl should take to stage between 11 and 12 O'clock. If you find that an issue you can F?!* OFF

Axl should take to stage between 11 and 12 O'clock. If you find that an issue STAY HOME

If that happened, wouldn't Axl show up around 2 am ?