So, is New Richard Solo, Mi Amor 2.0 and Glad To Be Here > James Bond Theme, Ballad Of Death and Pink Panther?

Cosmo

After having the first full guitar line-up solo changes since '09, do you think it worked out for the best? Is the new original Fortus solo/Mi Amor 2.0/Glad To Be Here combo better than James Bond/Ballad Of Death/Pink Panther combo? What do you people think?

The new Richard theme is my favorite solo by any GnR member ever.

Haven't heard Glad to Be Here live but it's nowhere near my favorite BBF track. To be fair, I'm not much of an Abnormal fan.

Had he decided to play Guitars still Suck, Turn Around or something off 9.11 then I would have said YES.

DJ Ashba...well, I'm not really fond of his solos so the reworked Mi Amor doesn't really do anything for me...sorry. :no:

As for me, I think any change was desperately needed. Really, they should've changed the solos at least twice by now. I prefer Mi Amor over Ballad, and even if the changes were subtle, Mi Amor did get better, so DJ wins in this new set of solos. Both Richard's solos are the best, IMO. James Bond was freakin' awesome and this one is amazing. I gotta go with this one 'cause it's an original tune and it sounds like Jimi Hendrix meets 90's Kirk Hammett on steroids. Richard is THE man. As for Ron, Pink Panther did get old for me really fast, and my favorite part was the Estranged bit he did. After they added Estranged, it kinda lost it's glow... Glad To Be Here isn't even on of the top 10 Ron songs I'd pick for him but I still like it, and Ron has an amazing voice so Glad To Be Here wins for me. I'd take the new set, but mostly 'cause I'm tired of the old one.

I like Richard's new solo the best because it was written by the band and is the closest thing we have to a new song. If that's the direction that they're heading, I can't wait for more. I'm also glad to see Ron leave Pink Panther behind. Glad To Be Here isn't one of my favorites of his, but it is a good song to show off his sense of humor, and I feel that it was time for a change. DJ is still DJ. I don't want to get any more negative than that.

Not saying they are better but the change is a breath of fresh air.

I agree. If they're still playing these solos 2-3 years from now, maybe we can judge more clearly. Richard's new solo is awesome though.

Is there a video of Glad to Be Here?

Bumblefoot should play the following

Breaking

Turn Around

Simple Days

Vomit

Drunk

Can't Play the Blues

Hands

It'd vote for Turn Around or There's A Kind Of Hush.

New Fortus solo is better than the Bond theme, but from what I've seen, the Bond theme is a huge fan favorite

Mi Amor is better than Ballad of Death

Haven't heard the live Glad to Be Here, but it's not a song I'd pick for him to play in his solo spot.

I haven't really been able to get into Ron's solo stuff but I'm glad he gets to showcase some of it live. I also haven't heard the two new solo spots by Richard and DJ, although I've enjoyed what they've been doing the last few tours.