PM "Array" Issue

BBA

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Another issue about PM's... Well, not really an issue, but a feature I'd like to have, is that I would like to be able to do invitations and invite several members into one PM. It's possible at another forum that has got the IP.Board software.

Is that feature possible to get, or would it take too much on the server? Or what other reason is there that it isn't an option?

Another issue about PM's... Well, not really an issue, but a feature I'd like to have, is that I would like to be able to do invitations and invite several members into one PM. It's possible at another forum that has got the IP.Board software.

Is that feature possible to get, or would it take too much on the server? Or what other reason is there that it isn't an option?

Supporters already can. Regular members can't.... ;)

To whom it may concern:

I am receiving an 'Array' message when trying to send PMs. Can someone help me out with this? I'd appreciate.

Try sending it again. It's intermittent.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'll donate 5 dollars then and become supporter from tomorrow and give a higher amount later. I have to wait till tomorrow though, because I don't have any credit card and it takes a day to put in money on pay pal from my bank.

I'll donate 5 dollars then and become supporter from tomorrow and give a higher amount later. I have to wait till tomorrow though, because I don't have any credit card and it takes a day to put in money on pay pal from my bank.

Haha, not trying to pressure you man - just letting you know!

Actually guys, I think I may have narrowed things down. You'll recieve the Array "error" if any of the following conditions are met:

1. You forget to include a subject line in your message. This seems to be the most common.
  2. You try to send a PM to more recipients than is allowed. For regular members, this is 1. For Supporters, it's (I think) 5.
  3. You try to send a PM that contains more than 10 smileys.
  4. You try and send a PM to someone that has blocked you.
  5. ADDED: The member you're trying to contact has a full message box

Basically, it really should be returning what the actual problem with the message is, but for some reason all it's giving you is "Array".

If you receive this error, please check and see if it's for any of the above reasons. If not, please contact me or post in this thread.

Actually guys, I think I may have narrowed things down. You'll recieve the Array "error" if any of the following conditions are met:

1. You forget to include a subject line in your message. This seems to be the most common.
  2. You try to send a PM to more recipients than is allowed. For regular members, this is 1. For Supporters, it's (I think) 5.
  3. You try to send a PM that contains more than 10 smileys.
  4. You try and send a PM to someone that has blocked you.
  5. ADDED: The member you're trying to contact has a full message box

Basically, it really should be returning what the actual problem with the message is, but for some reason all it's giving you is "Array".

If you receive this error, please check and see if it's for any of the above reasons. If not, please contact me or post in this thread.

This array has been happening since sometime in 2011 I believe. sometimes the conditions you listed create array error other times it just happens, then you try again and it sends.

Not sure this helps or not as the issue was from over a year ago, in looking into this then it is either a code issue or a skin issue (which makes sense after it happened during an update)

http://fearless-assassins.com/tracker/issue-244-pm-array-error/

Edited by gunsguy

Yep, that was my diagnosis of it. I've noticed it happening for some time too.

I submitted a support ticket asking them to look into why errors in the messaging system were only returning an "Array" message instead of the actual error.

As for whether it's sometimes triggered for no reason at all - we'll know after they fix the error issue and we can see whether the "random" ones are returning a valid error or not.

I have a suspicion they'll just ask us to upgrade to 3.2 which I don't want to do just yet...