Massively overrated films

GivenToFly

Guest Len B'stard

Star Wars, Blade Runner, all that wanky fuckin Sci Fi bollocks. Fifth Element.

Star Wars. Never got the hype and never will

You two should commit suicide.

Ritual suicide that is. You have brought shame to your species.

As for Johnny Depp, he's ain't made a bad film yet that i've seen and i've seen most of em, except Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd, POTC and, y'know, all of them lot, the more kiddie ones simply cuz it ain't my thing. The man is magnificent though. GOAB you should watch The Brave, i think you might like it.

Star Wars is a pet hate of mine, it is undoubtedly the biggest load of fuckin bollocks i've ever seen in my life and if you're a grown man watching that shit, you're beyond fuckin help. Fuckin hairy Gremlins and dustbins of wheels and fuckin, ugh, fuck me i'd rather watch my loved ones slowly perish than that shit, one of my wet dreams is walking into a darkened theatre with Mike Tyson Jack Dempsey and Sonny Liston, waiting til the films about to start and just run into the theatre and grabbing the patrons by the collar up out of their seat and unhinging their fuckin jaws...yes, women and children too, see where crime is concerned, certain crimes are so heinous that gender and age are no longer grounds for a reprieve. And the elderly too, especially the fuckin elderly actually cuz they got more experience, should know better. Yeeeeah there'll be dentures sailing through the air and bashing into the screen :D:D

Edited by sugaraylen

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pan's Labyrinth is overrate for its poor storyline and one dimensional characters.

I hate that fucking film. Saw it in Spanish class in high school and I actually fell asleep midway through. Got into a long argument with my teacher because I thought it was so shitty. The Orphanage and The Devil's Backbone too.

I can't stand tom hanks or johnny depp.

And yeah, i'll agree with the De Niro statement. That dude has played the same role most of his career. THen like 15 years ago he started making the meet the parent movies and its more a less the same fucking role with a few laughs.

The one thing I'll say about Depp is that he hasn't really repeated any of the same roles to speak.

Guest Len B'stard

Judging by the answers, EVERY film that's ever been popular or praised is overrated.

i think a lot of films suffer from their own hype? Especially banned ones cuz people sit down to watch em expecting...i dunno what and when all they get is a well made film they feel sort of let down, this happened when The Exorcist was finally re-released over here, everyone went to watch it in the cinema and went "ugh, that ain't scary" and lost sight of a really really well made film that has the ability to get under ones skin.

I find films that are generally praised and lauded are ones with a universal message and universal messages often end up being quite patronising upon second view. They make for good theatre fodder though, bums in seats and all that. The best way i think to say something big or universal is to do it with a small picture, in a subtle and delicate way otherwise you just end up beating people over the head and being very obvious and uninspired.

Edited by sugaraylen

Star Wars, Blade Runner, all that wanky fuckin Sci Fi bollocks. Fifth Element.

Star Wars. Never got the hype and never will

You two should commit suicide.

Ritual suicide that is. You have brought shame to your species.

Rather than commit suicide I'd like back the hours of my life I've wasted watching all those extremely boring Star Wars movies trying to satisfy my friends.

Oh and I agree with the person who said anything by Quentin Tarantino but with the exception of Pulp Fiction. I remember everyone going on about Kill Bill, what a load of crap.

Guest Len B'stard

the usual suspects

ronin

You just proved you know nothing about film, walk away now and don't return

You should hang out with my older brother, you'd get along. Ever seen a film called Internal Affairs? Internal or Infernal, something like that. The Departed, d'ya like that? I don't even think it's so much that i don't like those two films, it's just...i couldn't follow em? I'm too thick for em in general i think, if you look at films i like, they're generally very simple. Or perhaps it's a sibling thing where the things your brothers into you always reckon is shit.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Every single film with Adam Sandler, Jim Carey, Jack Nicholson or Eddie Murphy. Actually, almost every comedy ever except a very few.

Also shit like Avatar, Titanic, the shit with Leo DiCaprio from some year ago, think it was called Scatter Island or something. Harry Potter.

Can't think of more titles now.

the usual suspects

ronin

You just proved you know nothing about film, walk away now and don't return

You should hang out with my older brother, you'd get along. Ever seen a film called Internal Affairs? Internal or Infernal, something like that. The Departed, d'ya like that? I don't even think it's so much that i don't like those two films, it's just...i couldn't follow em? I'm too thick for em in general i think, if you look at films i like, they're generally very simple. Or perhaps it's a sibling thing where the things your brothers into you always reckon is shit.

Still, can't understand you don't like that movie. Maybe watch it again?

That movie is somewhere in my top15 best movies ever!

Personally, I really hate the movie 'titanic'.