How do you feel now that two extremes of stupidity in the Gn'R world (Volcano and BBA) are back to flame with each other ?

realpoti

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people really hate Volcano62 as much as BBA? I get he's really extreme with his thing against Slash and classic GnR, but BBA is THE biggest cupcake in MyGnR or any other GnR forum. I don't get it. If Volcano62 'causes confusion in the former gunners section, if it were possible, and the admins took what I suggested in the support section, you could ban him from that forum specifically and I'm sure he wouldn't create 20 more accounts to continue trolling there. If you ban BBA from this forum, or just the current GnR discussion forum, he'll be back 25 more times with numerous accounts just for the sake of trolling. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the support. Some members may not know this but I love all lineups of Guns N' Roses.

We are all reformed and ready to be back in society. This isn't your other stomping ground where opinions are force fed - shoved down your throat.

I actually agree with you

Nah, everybody compromises for something.

Things that dictate their lives are necessities, not compromises. Changing something that you like to do because someone else wants you to do something different is pathetic in my opinion.

That's what BBA and Axl have in common, they both like what they're doing.

Some people really hate Volcano62 as much as BBA? I get he's really extreme with his thing against Slash and classic GnR, but BBA is THE biggest cupcake in MyGnR or any other GnR forum. I don't get it. If Volcano62 'causes confusion in the former gunners section, if it were possible, and the admins took what I suggested in the support section, you could ban him from that forum specifically and I'm sure he wouldn't create 20 more accounts to continue trolling there. If you ban BBA from this forum, or just the current GnR discussion forum, he'll be back 25 more times with numerous accounts just for the sake of trolling. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the support. Some members may not know this but I love all lineups of Guns N' Roses.

We are all reformed and ready to be back in society. This isn't your other stomping ground where opinions are force fed - shoved down your throat.

Yet you have stated in threads in the past you would not go to see a reunion show?

Yet you have stated in threads in the past you would not go to see a reunion show?

A reunion is something else...it would be for all the wrong reasons. I loved the classic lineup at the time.

A reunion is something else...it would be for all the wrong reasons. I loved the classic lineup at the time.

So you really would not buy a ticket to a reunion show if it happened? I am not a reunionist by any means, as I know it would be a let down after having seen the real deal back in the day, but would rather hear them play the old songs then the currrent band..............

Oh yes, for the love of God...

THIS.

It's really simple - the overwhelming majority of people who support New Guns and that includes Volcano, treasure the classic lineup and would rather not trash them. You just don't see any of these people running rampant in the Old Guns section, the way those who dislike the current lineup do in this one.

Edited by The Archer

A simple solution could be that people who have returned from being banned should be not allowed to start threads, but allowed to participate in existing threads.

I believe that can be done on these kinds of boards.

You're correct in that this is technically possible - but it is somewhat undesirable as many of the members that have been unbanned want and deserve to be given a proper second chance which should include the ability to create threads. We want to give this opportunity to ALL former members. Similarly we want all our members to give all the existing and new mods a chance to settle in and get used to their new roles and not judge their performance too harshly until some time has passed.

Once we have finalised the new rules and made our expectations known to members, the natural order will be restored - those that have returned purely to troll and disturb other members will be shown the door once again. I think there will be very few of these cases from my initial observations.

There are are a couple threads open at the moment that probably shouldn't be - but until we have rules and mods in action they'll probably be left alone. Have some patience over the next couple of weeks - we're moving pretty quickly behind the scenes!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I love both posters.

These people make forums work. You need both sides of the fence debating to make a forum interesting. Boring if we all agree :sleeper:

This! MyGNR is so much better now.

Besides, how can you not smile when you see BBA's created another thread?

I completely agree. This might sound silly, but I won't lie, I get all excited when I see that BBA has made a thread, because I know that I'll get lots of chuckles from it. :lol:

A simple solution could be that people who have returned from being banned should be not allowed to start threads, but allowed to participate in existing threads.

I believe that can be done on these kinds of boards.

You're correct in that this is technically possible - but it is somewhat undesirable as many of the members that have been unbanned want and deserve to be given a proper second chance which should include the ability to create threads. We want to give this opportunity to ALL former members. Similarly we want all our members to give all the existing and new mods a chance to settle in and get used to their new roles and not judge their performance too harshly until some time has passed.

Once we have finalised the new rules and made our expectations known to members, the natural order will be restored - those that have returned purely to cupcake and disturb other members will be shown the door once again. I think there will be very few of these cases from my initial observations.

There are are a couple threads open at the moment that probably shouldn't be - but until we have rules and mods in action they'll probably be left alone. Have some patience over the next couple of weeks - we're moving pretty quickly behind the scenes!

This!

Absolutely no problem members judging us, but gives us a chance! and the comment GunsGuy made further up this thread is just......a tad frustrating? Without being rude I've pumped a significant amount of money into this forum to keep it alive. High' and myself have been working non-stop behind the scenes - seriously guys, the takeover from Eric is just about complete (or at least will be in a few days), the first email exchange from Eric and myself was around 4 weeks ago **Insert 100's of emails, messages, terms, changes, etc, etc ** nd that's even before I effectively logged on! We've moved heaven and earth to get to this stage and honestly? I think we've done a great job to date.

Look;

We will make mistakes but gives us the opportunity to get the mod team in place (finalised YESTERDAY), set some rules in place (yes there will be some, shock horror!!! this will NOT continue to be a "undirected asylum"

As always, I'll be open, honest, transparent and positive in all aspects of my responsibility; after that? you can stay with us (hopefully) or maybe you will go 'this place isn't for me' and if it isn't? cool, im totally cool with that. My job here is fairly simple, keep the funds ticking over to get somewhere close to covering my overall costs - If I get even somewhere near close to breaking even this year (highly unlikely unless the band release CD2 or a promo after the tour) I'd be fucking delighted. Ultimately, if things dry up, we get it 'wrong' and the community isn't happy, their vote' will be by going elsewhere then........this places goes I guess. Least I'll know I gave it a fucking great shot!!

So in summery, please just be sensible and patient with your views - We've literally just started! Loads of exciting plans to further develop the community, I promise.:)...

In addition! How can the people complaining about BBA's threads get so upset? I mean if anybody clicks on them expecting to see a glowing appraisal of anything to do with Axl and the new band then they kinda deserve to get wound up. Here's a tip! If you see a new thread and the OP is BBA, don't click on it if you're going to wet yourself over new band criticism. You all know his MO by now so you've nobody but yourselves to blame if it upsets you. Personally despite his obvious intentions I think his threads have been some of the most lively on here in a while with people from both sides of the fence contributing and that can only be a good thing surely?

I genuinely think that while some people are taking it a little too far with the bashing of the new band it's no more extreme than some of the people on the flip side of the coin. Some people are really far too sensitive to any form of criticism whatsoever. When something light hearted and quite amusing like Randy's Spinal Tap thread degenerates into the OJ trial cos people simply can't take a joke then there's something not quite right. I think there has been a culture of coddling the sycophants a little too much in recent times and now other people are allowed an opinion again without risk of censure of banning, it's getting a little too much for the delicate sensibilities of some. :violin:

Edited by Dazey

In addition! How can the people complaining about BBA's threads get so upset? I mean if anybody clicks on them expecting to see a glowing appraisal of anything to do with Axl and the new band then they kinda deserve to get wound up. Here's a tip! If you see a new thread and the OP is BBA, don't click on it if you're going to wet yourself over new band criticism. You all know his MO by now so you've nobody but yourselves to blame if it upsets you. Personally despite his obvious intentions I think his threads have been some of the most lively on here in a while with people from both sides of the fence contributing and that can only be a good thing surely?

I think it's frustration with the "mood" his topic titles spread over the front page can create that causes people to get angry. It's not always as simple as just "ignore it"... It does have a genuine effect on the vibe here.

I think it's frustration with the "mood" his topic titles spread over the front page can create that causes people to get angry. It's not always as simple as just "ignore it"... It does have a genuine effect on the vibe here.

Yeah, you've got a point there. I just think that if you know the motivation behind it it ceases to become all that provocative. Anyway, in mods we trust, as they say! :lol:

Right now we're facing much worse cupcakes and/or much more stupid people that BBA or Volcano....

Regardless...

About a decade and a half ago Holland (like many other European countries) was having huge problems with football (take note Yanks, FOOTBALL) hooligans. These people would decide to meet somewhere in a farm field to beat eachothers brains in and literally try to kill eachother. I still don't get why this was such a problem. Letting them would (at the very worst) dispose of 50% of your problem. Maybe the same will work for opposite-cupcakes as well.. Just thinking out loud here.

Edited by username

I don't even know who "volcano" is. :shrugs: BBA is of course a legend Anyway, this forum hasn't been this interesting in years, and not really because of anything the band is currently doing.

If a thread title is so bothersome, I'm sure a mod can remedy that as soon as they get the chance and just edit it. People throwing the biggest hissy fits haven't even been here all that long, relatively speaking, despite their thousands of posts. Not sure where this sense of entitlement is coming from. Dealing with so many different people, with different opinions, you can't make everyone happy all of the time. Suck it up.