How do you feel now that two extremes of stupidity in the Gn'R world (Volcano and BBA) are back to flame with each other ?

realpoti

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care, really, it's the current admins' problem. Perhaps if people get too fed up with the cupcakes they will migrate to other boards, like my own. It's not like mygnr is the only place for gnr fans to hang out.

Care to divulge ur forums name S.M.?

Would be refreshing to debate without everything digressing into playground insults.

I don't care, really, it's the current admins' problem. Perhaps if people get too fed up with the cupcakes they will migrate to other boards, like my own. It's not like mygnr is the only place for gnr fans to hang out.

Would be refreshing to debate without everything digressing into playground insults.

It's already advertised in the appropriate section of the forum (Aint in Fun).

If you're struggling to find it, I'm certain Soul' will be able to give you the details :)

If you're struggling to find it, I'm certain Soul' will be able to give you the details :)

Thanks Subs,already checked it out,and its pretty empty/Dead. I'll be staying here :)

Apologies for going off-topic.

Thanks Subs,already checked it out,and its pretty empty/Dead. I'll be staying here :)

No worries mate - To be honest, I think the work SM has put in is first class so good luck to the guy :)

Don't know what the OP intended with this thread,but many probs could be eliminated by NOT trolling sections that you dislike.

I talked with volcano about easing up on the alumni slags months ago.

Got no use for BBA, and his pretentious faux insider bullshit.

No worries mate - To be honest, I think the work SM has put in is first class so good luck to the guy :)

It is well done,but not very active.

Congrats Subs,have no doubt you have the heart,determination and dedication to be an excellent Admin!

Not sucking up,nor kissing ass,I'm upfront and direct with my remarks/views/commentary.

:thumbsup:

All due respect to the new staff here, but I think the idea of giving everyone a second chance was a good idea in theory. But, when you consider that BBA has made account after account after account, he has had more than enough opportunities to show a change in behavior that got him banned initially. He's doing the same exact thing he did back when he posted an obscure, translated review of the 2009 South Korea show: trolling. Personally, I feel rather than giving a blanket second chance to everyone, it should have been done on a case by case basis. After all, while some were unfairly banned, some were banned with reason...again and again and again in BBA's case.

Ali

Make that 3 posters on ignore...

All due respect to the new staff here, but I think the idea of giving everyone a second chance was a good idea in theory. But, when you consider that BBA has made account after account after account, he has had more than enough opportunities to show a change in behavior that got him banned initially. He's doing the same exact thing he did back when he posted an obscure, translated review of the 2009 South Korea show: trolling. Personally, I feel rather than giving a blanket second chance to everyone, it should have been done on a case by case basis. After all, while some were unfairly banned, some were banned with reason...again and again and again in BBA's case.

Ali

While I do agree that some people flat out do not deserve to be unbanned, I like the way they're handling this. As of now, the Eric administration of MyGNR is dead and a thing of the past. This is the SubsyMyGNR and everyone gets a fresh start, regardless of what they did before. It's like a brand new forum.

Sorry for replying so late, I rarely wander outside of the News section. As UK Subs suggested, just check the section for other sites, or send me a PM.

It is well done,but not very active.

618 posts in May, that's about 20 per day. From 176 mostly lurking users. It means the forum is still pristine and uncluttered ;)

Edited by SoulMonster

Ali

Make that 3 posters on ignore...

SOAB - Like him or dislike him, agree with him or disagree with him, Ali is one of the most intelligent posters on this forum - it's your loss if you don't give his well articulated, thought out posts a read.

Volcano has always been cool

BBA should be banned on all levels.

+1

BBA, if he sticks to the appropriate section, is harmless. As an incentive, maybe the mods could name the VR section, the Bring Back Adler section in his honor ;)

Right now this forum is just plain shit because it's being overrun by annoying dumb cupcakes. BBA and Volcano aren't even the worst examples here.

Big Rocket King, ThomasMeadow, MSL.. Plus the large number of idiots that were allowed back.

The long, personal and most of all pointless discussions these people keep creating ruin thread after thread.

And as a result of that, the forum.

Edited by username

Right now this forum is just plain shit because it's being overrun by annoying dumb cupcakes. BBA and Volcano aren't even the worst examples here.

Big Rocket King, ThomasMeadow, MSL.. Plus the large number of idiots that were allowed back.

The long, personal and most of all pointless discussions these people keep creating ruin thread after thread.

Gotta say I agree with this

SOAB - Like him or dislike him, agree with him or disagree with him, Ali is one of the most intelligent posters on this forum - it's your loss if you don't give his well articulated, thought out posts a read.

Well articulated, thought out sycophantic bollocks is still sycophantic bollocks however you want to spin it! :lol:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

What do people have against TM? He barely ever post outside of his own threads. How hard is it to avoid him if you don't like him? It's not as if he's all over the place.

Wow,Plain shit? Seems a tad harsh.

I do agree there needs to be significant changes *sighs* which again, WILL happen with the forum restructure along with other cool stuff around the corner.

When I think what's happened in this forum in the 9 years I've been here to listen to a few minority moan about things here in a few weeks is frustrating being honest but hey ho, I respect all opinions.

Please be patient, things will change around here for the better -- we're doing our best to do them as soon as physically possible. Again, I can't even begin to explain the huge amount of non visible changes we've already made -- clearly for some we're not moving quickly enough.

I will go so far to say I like the forum right now as is - even without further changes. With the ignore feature, anyone who complains about another poster is just plain lazy. Use the ignore feature, don't cry to the mods.

I completely agree. This isn't kindergarten and the mods shouldn't be forced to babysit. I personally don't ignore anybody, but it is a good feature to look in to before complaining about the forums.

I will go so far to say I like the forum right now as is - even without further changes. With the ignore feature, anyone who complains about another poster is just plain lazy. Use the ignore feature, don't cry to the mods.

curiosity gets the best of me :D

As far as I can see 99% of the bitching, with a few notable exceptions, is simply as a result of the old regime coddling the NuBand fans far too much and censoring any (frequently justified) criticism.

The place has a far better balance of fans from all points of view now and I think some people who don't like not having it all their own way anymore are upset by it.

That's why I'd like to see a merging of the old and new band sections cos it does get some good and genuine debate going. If people don't like what others say they can put them on ignore or not click on their threads.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

As far as I can see 99% of the bitching, with a few notable exceptions, is simply as a result of the old regime coddling the NuBand fans far too much and censoring any (frequently justified) criticism.

The place has a far better balance of fans from all points of view now and I think some people who don't like not having it all their own way anymore are upset by it.

That's why I'd like to see a merging of the old and new band sections cos it does get some good and genuine debate going. If people don't like what others say they can put them on ignore or not click on their threads.

Agreed.

I also agree with SOB.

I've got a person on ignore, it's not hard to put them there. Took me ten seconds.