NEW Aerosmith Album - August 28th

The Real McCoy

As much as I love Aerosmith, Legendary Child does nothing for me. It just seems kind of boring. It's a grower for sure, but nothing special. Just my opinion though.

I'm hoping it's kind of like a Van Halen thing, I wasn't a fan of Tattoo but I love the rest of that album so...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently, the finalized tracklist showed up on Amazon for a few minutes earlier today:

Per AeroFANatic:

01. LUV XXX

02. Oh Yeah

03. Beautiful

04. Tell Me

05. Out Go the Lights

06. Legendary Child

07. What Could Have Been Love

08. Street Jesus

09. Can’t Stop Loving You (w/ Carrie Underwood)

10. Love Her A Lot

11. We All Fall Down

12. Shakey Ground

13. Closer

14. Something

15. Another Last Goodbye

There will be a deluxe version with these bonus tracks:

I Can't Let You Go

Freedom Fighter

Up On The Mountain

And an additional 1 or 2 tracks for Japan.

• 3 weeks later...

Aerosmith is simultaneously releasing TWO singles to radio next week:

"Love Her A Lot" to rock radio

"What Could Have Been Love" to pop radio.

Both should be on iTunes the same day.

"Lover Alot":

Is it "love her a lot", as it is on amazon, or "lover alot" as its called on the soundcloud?

"What could have been love:" http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmith-what-could-have-been-love/

Edited by The.mad.hatter.99

love her a lot is pretty decent... best of the rest but that isnt saying much. im so disappointed so far =/

what could have been love on the other hand.... NOT WHAT I WANT ON THIS ALBUM

70s sounding my ass, boys

Edited by ZoSoRose

Those are awful songs. I don't know why Aerosmith can't write good rocking tunes that you can still sing along to. They only write sing-along ballads now, and the more rocking tunes are repetitive and bland. Ugh. I was excited for some new Aerosmith too.

its not even ballads that suck. Dream on, Home Tonight, You See Me Crying, Kings and Queens.. hell, I even like Cryin, Amazing, and Crazy and a bunch of other ones.

Their newer songs and ballads especially are just lame though. The over produced, cheezy ballads with almost no guitar like I Dont Want To Miss A Thing and this new one suck for a rock band. IDWTMAT isnt even written by anyone in Aerosmith, it was written by Diane Warren. And guess what, shes writting ANOTHER fucking song on this new album. Plus we haven't even heard the one with Carrie Underwood :angry:

I shouldnt be surprised, as just push play sucked too but there was so much hype and false promising of a return to form from the band and others around them. Im sure there will be a few good songs and rockers but overall, the album as a whole is practically ruined for me since I dont like Legendary Child, Beautiful, and What Could Have Been Love and I most likely wont like the Diane Warren and Carrie Underwood songs. Thats already 5 songs I wont like... UGH

Edited by ZoSoRose

Aerosmith is simultaneously releasing TWO singles to radio next week:

"Love Her A Lot" to rock radio

"What Could Have Been Love" to pop radio.

Both should be on iTunes the same day.

"Lover Alot":

Is it "love her a lot", as it is on amazon, or "lover alot" as its called on the soundcloud?

"What could have been love:" http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmith-what-could-have-been-love/

"Lover Alot" is the way that it's spelled on the cover of the single.

I like everything that I've heard off of the album so far.

its not even ballads that suck. Dream on, Home Tonight, You See Me Crying, Kings and Queens.. hell, I even like Cryin, Amazing, and Crazy and a bunch of other ones.

Their newer songs and ballads especially are just lame though. The over produced, cheezy ballads with almost no guitar like I Dont Want To Miss A Thing and this new one suck for a rock band. IDWTMAT isnt even written by anyone in Aerosmith, it was written by Diane Warren. And guess what, shes writting ANOTHER fucking song on this new album. Plus we haven't even heard the one with Carrie Underwood :angry:

I shouldnt be surprised, as just push play sucked too but there was so much hype and false promising of a return to form from the band and others around them. Im sure there will be a few good songs and rockers but overall, the album as a whole is practically ruined for me since I dont like Legendary Child, Beautiful, and What Could Have Been Love and I most likely wont like the Diane Warren and Carrie Underwood songs. Thats already 5 songs I wont like... UGH

From what I've heard, it's almost like two albums in one.

Jack Douglas produced the more rocking songs (I hear that "Street Jesus" is going to be a MONSTER of a rocker), while Marti Fredriksen produced the poppier stuff.

The writing credits are:

"Lover Alot" - Tyler, Whitford, Hamilton, Kramer, Jesse Kramer, Frederiksen, Marco Moir

"What Could Have Been Love" - Tyler, Fredriksen, Russ Irwin

"Legendary Child" - Tyler, Perry, Jim Vallance

Those are awful songs. I don't know why Aerosmith can't write good rocking tunes that you can still sing along to. They only write sing-along ballads now, and the more rocking tunes are repetitive and bland. Ugh. I was excited for some new Aerosmith too.

i agree even though aerosmith has had ballads in the past they just sounded good and from the heart now they seem so overproduced and plastic.