Apocalyptic Love headed for 30-35K in first week sales

shotgunblues1978

I was about to post this. The projection is kind of a steep drop from his previous record, and this album has the benefit of being on the heels of the RNRHOF. It is what it is. Hopefully, it'll eventually pick up steam (though increases after the debut week don't really happen often).

Well that's a fine accomplishment in this day and age anyhow, doing it all on his own with Myles, without other names to go with it. I'm glad it's finally out. I haven't picked up the album but will next week. Going to see them play this summer. Oh well, I think his Slasher Films will be paydirt once that gets going.

Well I honestly don't know much about what was expected and didn't really read the article but I did see the note on that page:

It’s interesting to note, the contestant [Kris Allen] defeated, Adam Lambert, entered at #1 last week with his second album, Trespassing, generating sales of 77k.

I thought Beautiful Dangerous was going to be a hit but it didn't. Overall though the album Slash did a lot better than I expected.

Oh well, go Slash!

Winning!

I blame the fact that a lot of people don't know who Slash is and that the album has only three good songs.

Just a few weeks ago I don't know if I would've agree with you but what you say is true. I'm going to see Slash in july with my brother and his girlfriend had no idea who Slash is, she's 23 years old... Older people don't buy music that much I think, and if the young don't know who Slash is well you can't expect this album to sell tons and tons of copies...

slash needs to work with songwriters, not just dudes who can jam well together.

It's the same approach he's always taken to making music, from GNR thru the Snakepits, to VR, to now. It's a little late in the game to be changing approach, besides if you start chasing the brass ring you already lost. It's better to play/write what you like, what you want, and if it connects with people great, and if it doesn't, it still gives you a reason to tour.

He's not going to go into VR because he is the Axl Rose VR in terms of a reunion. They might as well start without him and hire another guitarist.

Why the fuck would Slash want to work with trainwreck Scott again and put up with that bullshit?

It's the same approach he's always taken to making music, from GNR thru the Snakepits, to VR, to now. It's a little late in the game to be changing approach, besides if you start chasing the brass ring you already lost. It's better to play/write what you like, what you want, and if it connects with people great, and if it doesn't, it still gives you a reason to tour.

izzy was a songwriter. not a great singer or guitarist. but a songwriter. he should hang out with mick and keith and write some songs. or do one with tom petty. or dave grohl even. or work with some pros. nothing about pride as far as i'm concerned. i just want some decent hooks, a catchy chorus, and some heart. listening this album, i get the feeling slash doesn't care about anything but the riffs and qualities of the vocalist's voice. boring to me.

izzy was a songwriter. not a great singer or guitarist. but a songwriter. he should hang out with mick and keith and write some songs. or do one with tom petty. or dave grohl even. or work with some pros. nothing about pride as far as i'm concerned. i just want some decent hooks, a catchy chorus, and some heart. listening this album, i get the feeling slash doesn't care about anything but the riffs and qualities of the vocalist's voice. boring to me.

he's not releasing the same thing over and over thou, Izzy, out of his 10 or so cd's he has released after GNR, probably only Like A Dog sounds different, Slash keeps exploring different routes despite staying in the same genre...

some like Snakepit, some like VR, some Like his previous album, some like this one, the reason no other than the diversity in the albums, despite the fact he plays the same genre and been sticking to it for a while.

i don't know exactly what you mean by working with songwriters, i'm glad he keeps things interestig and writes different tunes on different albums

Before anything, Izzy was a bandmate and a compatible one. That's step 1.

As for hanging out with whoever you named, you can't force that kind of thing. If it happens it'll be because they found a reason to work together, like it happened with Myles, or the VR guys. You get together, you jam you click.

But as for working with pros. No. He is the pro. I don't think he's gonna go to random writers for them to tell him how to make a SLASH album.

30k really isn't an accomplishment this day in age. The music industry isn't quite that bad yet. Coming off the heels of the RNRHOF, it really should be selling more. I'll blame John Mayer and his insane fanbase.

Agreed

Avenged Sevenfold, Godsmack, STP all opened with over 100k sales as many other rocks bands ( Shinedown?) , and sorry Godsmack was opening for Motley Crue some time ago , they are not able to put together headlining tours, even in USA