Apocalyptic Love headed for 30-35K in first week sales

shotgunblues1978

30k really isn't an accomplishment this day in age. The music industry isn't quite that bad yet. Coming off the heels of the RNRHOF, it really should be selling more. I'll blame John Mayer and his insane fanbase.

Agreed

Avenged Sevenfold, Godsmack, STP all opened with over 100k sales as many other rocks bands ( Shinedown?) , and sorry Godsmack was opening for Motley Crue some time ago , they are not able to put together headlining tours, even in USA

I dont really care if it sells 35 k or 150 k , it is the best album ive heard in the past 10 years bar none, not even close, if you like rock n roll its the best since the layne stayley days with Alice In chains, awesome record , cant get enough of it

Edited by iceman51999

He's not going to go into VR because he is the Axl Rose VR in terms of a reunion. They might as well start without him and hire another guitarist.

Why the fuck would Slash want to work with trainwreck Scott again and put up with that bullshit?

Because it makes good music and good money, and certainly more than 30k-35k copies in the first week.

Edited by tuyfuvk17

He's not going to go into VR because he is the Axl Rose VR in terms of a reunion. They might as well start without him and hire another guitarist.

Buckethead.

Paul Tobias.

Nah Duff hates him too.........

Replace duff. With Tommy, if he ever leaves GnR.

Pretty weak numbers, but it's the internet age. I thought it would do a bit better though since Slash is everywhere promoting it. Libertad even sold a lot more copies the first week. But rockers over 40 in general don't really sell that many albums anymore. Actually, nobody does today unless you are Adele or Lady Gaga. I think the album will probably debut around #10 or something and fall of the charts fast. I'm sure Slash must be a bit disappointed since he thinks this is the best thing he has done since GNR. IMO, it's more a Myles record than a Slash record, so if you are not a fan of Myles, you aren't really interested. And even though Slash is now considered a guitar legend, the masses don't really care about his new music outside of GNR and maybe VR. The last album did better because it had a lot of big name singers on it. I'm sure the tour will do well so that should make him happy and the reviews have been favorable for the most part. I'm not a fan of Myles music, so I don't really care for the album. I wish Slash would regroup with VR, but it's not going to happen. Even though I don't really like the new stuff I'm glad Slash is doing well.

30k really isn't an accomplishment this day in age. The music industry isn't quite that bad yet. Coming off the heels of the RNRHOF, it really should be selling more. I'll blame John Mayer and his insane fanbase.

Agreed

Avenged Sevenfold, Godsmack, STP all opened with over 100k sales as many other rocks bands ( Shinedown?) , and sorry Godsmack was opening for Motley Crue some time ago , they are not able to put together headlining tours, even in USA

I dont really care if it sells 35 k or 150 k , it is the best album ive heard in the past 10 years bar none, not even close, if you like rock n roll its the best since the layne stayley days with Alice In chains, awesome record , cant get enough of it

The best rn'r record in last 10 years ? :rofl-lol: if it works for you that's fine but fortunately you're in minority. Out of my head in no particular order : White Stripes, QOTSA Songs for the Deaf, Buckcherry s/t and 15, Black Keys on and on and those record have BIG HITS Slash has been searching for one since "Slither" and "Fall to Pieces"

And I wouldn't put AiC in the same basket with Slash, AiC is more alternative metal Slash is more generic rock (with this CD).

Agreed

I never said anything about the quality. I'm just saying these sales are pretty bad.

You're entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion, all of Maiden's albums from the past decade, Tyranny of Souls by Bruce Dickinson, Snakes & Arrows by Rush, Ghost Opera by Kamelot, In Absentia by Porcupine Tree, Dark Adrenaline by Lacuna Coil, and Contraband by Velvet Revolver > Apocalyptic Love. :P

went to the beach yesterday with 2 friends, they know "Slash from GNR" but they've never been interested in his work after that, after a few beers and couple of listens, they order 2 deluxe copies today.

for me, it keeps growing. :thumbsup:

You're entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion, all of Maiden's albums from the past decade

are even greater than all of Maiden's albums of the previous decades too. They've hit a purple patch of awesomeness that seems to be bottomless...

Edited by moreblack

Maybe instead of kushner ask izzy to come back? Izzy was the original rhythm guitarist for VR but left when they were auditioning singers, they should bring him back and find a front man he is comfortable with. I'm glad he didn't have to deal with scott

You're entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion, all of Maiden's albums from the past decade

are even greater than all of Maiden's albums of the previous decades too. They've hit a purple patch of awesomeness that seems to be bottomless...

Absolutely! Since Brave New World, they can do no wrong. They blow away the classic era.

Maybe instead of kushner ask izzy to come back? Izzy was the original rhythm guitarist for VR but left when they were auditioning singers, they should bring him back and find a front man he is comfortable with. I'm glad he didn't have to deal with scott

That's the thing, Izzy doesn't want a front man. He wanted to do it low-key with just him, Slash, Duff & Matt with Izzy & Duff singing. The other guys wanted to play big places. Izzy just wanted to do clubs and tour in vans. That's the only way Izzy would ever come back. I can't see him doing "GNR with a new lead singer". He's too close to Axl and knows Axl would be royally pissed if they got someone to "replace" him.