Axl s favorite Chinese Democracy song?

batman007

I think it is Madagascar. When Guns made their return in the 02 vmas, he could of chose any song to show the world. And he chose Maddy. Also, it is usually saved for one of the encore songs. What do you guys think?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The Blues? Isn't that the song that has been played at every nu-GNR concert so far?

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

He seemed really eager to talk about Catcher back when he did the chat thing.

Of course he said his favorites from Chinese were Better, Street Of Dreams, and There Was A Time in 2006.

I think probably these 4 and This I Love.

Edited by Rovim

madagascar at rir3 was very emotional. i think axl really put a lot of effort on it so it could "express his sentiments". madagascar is underated, it's a beautiful song. the over production on CD is a turn-off but RiR 3 version is just perfect.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

At least I think he loves Better live! :D Understandable, it's a great live song!

It actually isn't a good live song. It's a really bad live song in my opinion.

By the way, did Axl really say that he thought he considers his vocal work on TWAT to be his best? :confused:

I always thought that was one of the reasons that song was so weak, because his vocals are terrible on it.

Edit: To be honest, all songs but The Blues, Madagascar and maybe This I Love (sometimes) are really terrible live.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

At least I think he loves Better live! :D Understandable, it's a great live song!

By the way, did Axl really say that he thought he considers his vocal work on TWAT to be his best? :confused:

I always thought that was one of the reasons that song was so weak, because his vocals are terrible on it.

Edit: To be honest, all songs but The Blues, Madagascar and maybe This I Love (sometimes) are really terrible live.

Yes, in your opinion :) In my opinion it's a good live song. Weak on twat? Oh no, he's amazing on it..! Each to our own I guess! :thumbsup:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yes, in your opinion :) In my opinion it's a good live song. Weak on twat? Oh no, he's amazing on it..! Each to our own I guess! :thumbsup:

Fair enough.

I just never liked TWAT and I think it's an extremely overrated song on these boards. If you played it to 100 people in the streets, 99 of them would say it sucked, but people on here are trying to claim that it's as good (and sometimes even better :confused: ) than songs like SCOM, etc.

He really is. The vocal melodies are as good as anything Axl has ever come up with and the vocal range is simply astonishing with some of the best belting screams in any GN'R song.

When Axl's voice is strong Better is amazing live. When his voice is weak the verses sound weak as well, but the choruses and the mid section high notes still sound amazing. Sometimes DJ fucks up the riff and that annoys me but so far that didnt happen much. The energy, the solos, the strong vocals work really well in a live setting. And TWAT might be his best work vocally and his highest scream is there, like it or not - even though I like his Catcher vocals better.

I just never liked TWAT and I think it's an extremely overrated song on these boards. If you played it to 100 people in the streets, 99 of them would say it sucked, but people on here are trying to claim that it's as good (and sometimes even better :confused: ) than songs like SCOM, etc.

Who cares what most people think? Are you the kind of guy who like music based on a consensus approach?

No, I just find people that say such stuff to be ignorant and stupid.

Sorry, you lost me. Are the 99 random guys that would say TWAT sucks "ignorant or stupid", or are you referring to the guys here on this GN'R fan forum who likes the song and even prefers it to other songs? Do you often label people with opposing preferences to yourself, "ignorant" and "stupid"? May I ask how old you are?

Fair enough.

TWAT and SCOM are two totally different songs, they can't be compared to each other. I love both! Like SCOM is well known by people, because of it's riff for example. Of course random people on the street would prefer that one to TWAT. But I still don't think that means it's better, because it's more mainstream. The solo's in TWAT are amazing, and I just love how it's build up, the lyrics, the whole concept :)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

No, I just find people that say such stuff to be ignorant and stupid.

Sorry, you lost me. Are the 99 random guys that would say TWAT sucks "ignorant or stupid", or are you referring to the guys here on this GN'R fan forum who likes the song and even prefers it to other songs? Do you often label people with opposing preferences to yourself, "ignorant" and "stupid"? May I ask how old you are?

No, I find people that say that a song like TWAT is better than a song like SCOM to be ignorant.

In a thread when fans were supposed to be discussing which CD song was Axl's favorite we have a Slash fanboy comparing TWAT to SCOM for no fkn reason. So when we call them out we're the worshippers. Awesome logic!

On topic: for what it's worth, he mentioned how his favorite song keeps changing. Last we heard he was into Sorry musically.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

He seemed really into it when they played Better in Denmark in 2010 and the audience seemed to respond the most to that of the CD songs that were performed that night.

Yes, that's what I meant with it being a great live song. Better really gets good response from the crowd, which is awesome. :thumbsup: